Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring a Pillion Day?

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Ummmm, you'd need to get to Auckland 1st methinks.

Maybe a lift on the back of a Gixxer 1K?

if it ever goes

is pretty good on back of jimmys gix, even wqhen the cunt pulls wheelies an you almost fall off the back,

i jus made sure that if i was going to fall off back so was he

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    Mmmmmm, pillion swapping, I'm coming after all.......
    Is that right???? :spudgrr:

Ummmm, you'd need to get to Auckland 1st methinks.

Maybe a lift on the back of a Gixxer 1K?
    I think perhaps Eurygnomes would find it more comfortable on the back of my SV for such a long trip!
    Checkout my blog: www.wubboodesigns.com

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff
    Is that right???? :spudgrr:
    Yes it is right. You're not a pillion.

And I'll "spudgrr" you in a minute.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Hey! This sounds like fun!!!

I'll turn up on the ancient Moto Guzzi LM2 and offer people rides onna back... So if any parents out their want to turn people off motorcycling forever just point em in my direction! One spin on the turbo trembler with it's 50 odd (very odd actually) bhp and it's special short throw suspension (well we call it suspension) with it's unsettling rocking side to side motion should put most of them off and if it helps I'll wear my crotchless 1 piece leathers and bring my rubber chicken too...

However if we get out onto the open road and la Guzzi gets to clear her throat and sing her aria of mechanical love of all things petroleum as she surges forwards in the characteristic "I never thought that old wreck could go like that fashion" with the straight cut gears whining and the open exhausts snarling over the sweet sound of air being sucked into massive (and primitive) carbs the poor soul will be lost to the mindless hordes of japanese clone bikes forever. Doomed to wander unlit carparks, hanging out with other misfits and reading Guzziology under the blankets at night with a torch (welding torch usually).... so sad...

snap

anyway...

Ahem

Bike
    Plans Ahoy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    Hey! This sounds like fun!!!

I'll turn up on the ancient Moto Guzzi LM2 and offer people rides onna back...
    Yeah it does sound like fun

I could be your first victim ...er... pillion, I've ridden with ya before...now tell me, will the bike have the sheepskin on the seat this time or will it just be the plain wood??

J/K
    RED RED RED
    I WANT
    RED
    The count is at 1064 points

'Scuse me. Do you f**k as well as you dance?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream
    Yeah it does sound like fun

I could be your first victim ...er... pillion, I've ridden with ya before...now tell me, will the bike have the sheepskin on the seat this time or will it just be the plain wood??

J/K
    Oh I have a 'special' seat for you little girl.... mwahahahahaha

No.. actually I have a nice new super special custom one from Eurodave. ;-)

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All
    This sounds like a great idea. Not sure if there are many people on here who haven't been on a bike though. I have a seat available if you're a medium to small sized person, and don't mind sporty riding positions. NO wheelies, honest Err, assuming that what I CAN do is classified as a wheelie.......

When?

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker
    This sounds like a great idea. Not sure if there are many people on here who haven't been on a bike though. I have a seat available if you're a medium to small sized person, and don't mind sporty riding positions. NO wheelies, honest Err, assuming that what I CAN do is classified as a wheelie.......

When?
    Dunno - just seeing if the support was out there - and I think it is...

The idea came from talking about the bike etc here at work. One workmate used to ride but she's "lost her nerve", and another is just a thrills junkie... and I jokingly suggested setting up a pillion day with a couple of others I know that have bikes...

The biggest challenge will be getting the safety gear for them (helmet and gloves especially). If we can crack that I think it's all on.

I (for one) have all the gears needed for a small pillion.

I'll put the event up with details and see how we get on? I'll set one up in Aucks, maybe someone in wellwood, and another in Chch can do the same?

I've never set an event up before - so humour me... I may have a false start or two.

Preferences/thoughts on dates? (I'll give this 24 hrous before posting the event)
    MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I can't help, being a learner, but on the gear count, what about getting one of the bike stores to help out??

They get exposure, and if the people like the biking, and get into it, they would need gear. Where would they probably go??

Just 2c of thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All
    While the getting gear from stores seems a good idea, in reality I HIGHLY doubt if any store would just give out gear. They don't have "demo gear" and once worn for a period of time, it would be "used".

I have a spare helmet, jacket and gloves if this were to go ahead, so all I'd need is a body to fit them on

Erm, we COULD start the day as a normal ride, and slowly turn it into a pillion event by picking up hitchhikers?

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Im bringing my missus when the 600 is back on the road... and if i rip opemn the throttle and the front wheel comes up, its her and the bikes fault...
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    katzuki
    I like the idea from the standpoint of getting regular pillions together. On many occasions my wife and I have been on a ride where we are the only (or one of two or three) two-up. As a result we have been in the outer rather than the inner social circle - if you know what I mean. A ride/gathering where solos are in the minority and pillions have free range to talk about their experiences - and lambaste or otherwise their riders- could be fun.

However, I am a bit dubious about a ride for newbie pillions - especially with strangers. Riding pillion is not riding a bike - in fact bugger-all connection really. In my experience a person will ride pillion if they approve of the rider - whether it be their riding ability, trustworthiness, bank balance, Brad Pit looks, ......... whatever. The wrong rider could put a pillion off bikes for life!

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All
    Quote Originally Posted by rogson
    a person will ride pillion if they approve of the rider - whether it be their riding ability, trustworthiness, bank balance, Brad Pit looks, ......... whatever. The wrong rider could put a pillion off bikes for life!
    I don't shine in any one of those categories (except maybe #2), so I guess I'm counting on someone needing to get from A to B
    I guess I could bring the bucket and anyone who wants a go can have a go, somewhere quiet? Parking lot, dirt road, SH1, wherever?

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    I like the idea from the standpoint of getting regular pillions together. On many occasions my wife and I have been on a ride where we are the only (or one of two or three) two-up. As a result we have been in the outer rather than the inner social circle - if you know what I mean. A ride/gathering where solos are in the minority and pillions have free range to talk about their experiences - and lambaste or otherwise their riders- could be fun.
    Yup - I know what you mean the pillion etc - it's actually a lot of fun to go out with your better half for a ride and enjoy similar company. Go and do something for the day, and the ride there and back is part of the wind up and down. I could not agree with you more.

However, I am a bit dubious about a ride for newbie pillions - especially with strangers. Riding pillion is not riding a bike - in fact bugger-all connection really. The wrong rider could put a pillion off bikes for life!
    'fraid I'll have to disagreed (sort of) about the bugger all connection. I think pillions enjoy being pillions and as such it can/often leads into riding bikes.

That being said, some people simply enjoy being pillions - those here at work certainly do.

And yes... putting people off being pillions and bikes isn't the goal. So Wheelies stoppies and the like wouldn't be on the cards. If the rider and pillion both (BOTH) wanted that, then I have no problem with it, just so long as they don't set any expectations in the minds of others that all riders do that. Fact is we don't all do that.
    MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Thread Information