Thread: King Of Ruapuna Round 3 with 150 Street Stock rider Alex Bowers

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

King Of Ruapuna Round 3 with 150 Street Stock rider Alex Bowers

The day started off as an early one as i was up and out of bed at 4am and straight in to the car. We got to Auckland airport at 5am, chucked our bags on the plane and fastened our seatbeats as we propeared to take off. ZOOM! ZOOM! ZOOM! On the plane ticket it says it takes 1 hour and 10 minutes to fly to Christchurch, well i must of been a sleep for 1 hour and 5 minutes because it felt like a 5 minute flight.

PRACTISE/QUALIFING
    The day was starting out to be an awesome one as it was warming up and the sun was shinnying I went out for my qualiflying session on my back up bike as i had no time to run my my main bike in. I did a 2:05.466 on lap three and that was unfortunately my faqstest lap in that session which put me in 14th on the grid, row 4.

RACE ONE
    I got a great start and was right behind Scout Fletcher #45 who started 11th in to the first corner. As Scout and i zoomed down to the hairpin there was a third bike in the battle, Cam Jones #17. So the race was on! Me and Cam had an awesome fight as Scout got way on us. I finnshed the race 7th and my best lap was 2:00.334 on lap 5.

RACE TWO
    I got another cracker start and was right up with Phillip Mair #87 who started 10th as we were all whoning in to turn one ahhhhhhhhh!! Fortunately we all came out the other end. But there was still a lot of hard work to do as Scout came speeding past and Cam wasnt far off. Cam got past at the hairpin but i stuck to him like glue and was wating till the straight to use the slipstream and try and get past Scout as well. It was working all the way up till the exit of the last corner on to the straight as Cam was right beside Scout and i was right behind her as she run into the cones on the out side of the track and four of them came flying at me luckyely we both stayed on but i lost all my ground on both Scout and Cam. I finnshed the race 7th and my best lap was 2:01.864 on lap 4.

RACE THREE
    I got an alright start as i didn't really make much ground up to the first corner on any one. I had a boring race as i was on my own most of it, but thet gave me time to practice for nationals which means heaps for me as that was my last meeting at Ruapuna till nationals. I finnsh 7th again and my best lap was a 2:01.474 on lap 2, so i had a pretty steady weekend.

I would like to thank all my sonsers Bowers Builders, Nz Pocketbike Imports, Sportz Fotoz, Advanced Digital Design, Whyteline and especially Peter Jones from Christchurch for all the help and support you guys have given me. THANKS!
    //ALEX//

Bike
    suzuki

very good write up , and i can se a sub 2.00 at the nationals,
    your doing good, keep doing what your doing.................

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    very good write up , and i can se a sub 2.00 at the nationals,
    your doing good, keep doing what your doing.................
    Thanks Man!! You really think so?? I hope soo.
    Thanks
    //ALEX//

Bike
    suzuki
    im very sure alex,

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Well done young fella,Youve come a long way from wobbling around in my driveway working out how to use the clutch LOL,Even though you live less than an hour from here I guess Im going to have to wait til Timaru to catch up,See you there and keep up the good work

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Well done young fella,Youve come a long way from wobbling around in my driveway working out how to use the clutch LOL,Even though you live less than an hour from here I guess Im going to have to wait til Timaru to catch up,See you there and keep up the good work
    Ahahahaha....... yeah i sure have havn't i
    Im really looking forward to Timaru, See ya there mate
    thanks................
    //ALEX//

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    [QUOTE=wayne;1129929653]im very sure alex,[/QUOTE

thanks wayne
    //ALEX//

Bike
    BSA A10
    Well done Alex, good race write ups to
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bowers View Post
    Thanks Man!! You really think so?? I hope soo.
    Thanks
    Yup , I agree. These things take a bit of time, then one day you'll have a "Zen" type of day & the seconds will drop off easier than you thought they would. Rnd 3 was that type of day for me & I managed to smash my P.B by 3 secs

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Well done Alex, good race write ups to
    Thank you
    //ALEX//

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Yup , I agree. These things take a bit of time, then one day you'll have a "Zen" type of day & the seconds will drop off easier than you thought they would. Rnd 3 was that type of day for me & I managed to smash my P.B by 3 secs
    Good on ya mate!! Thanks....
    //ALEX//

Thread Information