Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bug in my helmet!

Bike
    Honda,Black,Shadow 750
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    try a bumble bee in your eye at 80kph ( visor up ). Shit that hurt. Got home and was fishing its legs out of my eye
    In the 60ties had a mate that lost an eye to a bumble bee. We all used rap a round shades after that. No helmet but our eyes was protected!!!!!!!! AND WE LOOKED COOL. Regards Richard
    Regards Richard
    Growing old is mandatory Growing up is purely optional
    Retired teenager

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo89 View Post
    On my moped a year or so ago, was driving at 50 or 60, riding in a hoodie and a bumblebee flew up my sleeve. I stopped pretty damn quick and whipped my helmet off and was dancing around unzipping my hoodie. I must have looked like a fuckin' psycho to anyone that saw me. I often ride with my visor up at highway speeds, I'm not sure why, I just prefer it at times. But I also have not had a bug fly into my face either, maybe once that happens I will reassess my preference.
    at the very least, wear sunglasses if you are going visor up, specially in the warmer months. i wear an open facer and sunnies have saved my sight a number of times. the grossest was a white butterfly that i couldnt duck under. it hit the bridge of the glasses and spread its guts across both lenses. i hate to think what it would have been like without the glasses.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    Dog Rooter
    Had a fly make itself at home in my ear on the way back from the MAG Waikato launch. I heard we were just going up the road for some petrol *(I was thinking like 2-3 minutes) so didn't bother with my ear plugs. It started wandering up and down my ear canal at Te Rapa (me thinking, 'What's that weird noise?') then decided to try and take off every now and again (BRRRRRRRRRRRP in the lughole - that is fucking loud I tell ya) until we stopped at Ngaruafknwahia. It's never been so far from one to the other.

I will always put my earplugs in from now on!

Bike
    Eurotrash
    One of the things that has always concerned me with my younger brother wanting to follow in my footsteps and get a bike is his allergy to bees and the possibility of getting stung on the face or worse the throat. (When we were kids he managed to cop a stinger right between the eyes, within a few minutes he couldn't see for the swelling.)
    I brought him a silk balaclava to use and he's supposed to carry antihistamines, whether he actually does however

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Yeah I'm allergic to Bees and have been stung once, wasn't a fun ride to the chemist, neck looked massive when I got there. Luckily it seems my reactions aren't what they were when I was younger, though I wouldn't want to put it to the test with a wasp.

I've had two wasps in my helmet, big bastards, the first one I broke "Mum's" previous record and managed to pull the Hyo up, gloves off, helmet off and wasp gone in about 15 seconds. The second one (one the same day would you believe) I just upped the visor and it learnt how to fly at 100kmph.

AND! One day riding home from work had my visor up, and this big bumble bee got my right eye, luckily I have shit eye sight and need to wear glasses to avoid dying... So I just dropped it a few gears and blasted home to wash the legs out of my mouth. I would recommend after this experience that if anyone want to ride visor up they should have something on their eyes.

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    something ugly crawls into my helmet....every time I slip it on....and with the light right and visor down it just stares back at me

flipping the visor op don't help cause he is always there when I close it again

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Trouble View Post
    One of the things that has always concerned me with my younger brother wanting to follow in my footsteps and get a bike is his allergy to bees and the possibility of getting stung on the face or worse the throat. (When we were kids he managed to cop a stinger right between the eyes, within a few minutes he couldn't see for the swelling.)
    I brought him a silk balaclava to use and he's supposed to carry antihistamines, whether he actually does however
    I carry antihistamines with me all the time

Bike
    2012 Triumph Rocket III Touring
    One fine summer night after visiting some friends and riding home with the visor up I got a bug strike as well.

My daughter was on the back and laughing at my predicament, with her visor up & mouth wide open got a bug straight in.

My turn to laugh.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Bike
    Modified 2014 Bonnie
    Quote Originally Posted by LBD View Post
    something ugly crawls into my helmet....every time I slip it on....and with the light right and visor down it just stares back at me

flipping the visor op don't help cause he is always there when I close it again
    Can be scary first thing in the morning aye, I have seen an extra from "Shaun of the Dead" in mine some mornings!!!!!!!

Bike
    Ducati Mostro
    Quote Originally Posted by chasio View Post
    Had a fly make itself at home in my ear on the way back from the MAG Waikato launch. I heard we were just going up the road for some petrol *(I was thinking like 2-3 minutes) so didn't bother with my ear plugs. It started wandering up and down my ear canal at Te Rapa (me thinking, 'What's that weird noise?') then decided to try and take off every now and again (BRRRRRRRRRRRP in the lughole - that is fucking loud I tell ya) until we stopped at Ngaruafknwahia. It's never been so far from one to the other.

I will always put my earplugs in from now on!
    Some thing happen with a blowfly sitting nicely in my ear hole.... FUCK talk about drive you "fucking metal" with it buzzzing and crawling about by your ear!! All sorts of shit fly thru your mind... is he going crawl right in my ear! how the hell will I get it out, will it lay eggs in my ear and I will become a father???

It's damn torcher anyway
    DUCATI ------- A real bike in a sea of shit!

Bike
    09 Duc Monster 1100
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeldrifter View Post
    Some thing happen with a blowfly sitting nicely in my ear hole.... FUCK talk about drive you "fucking metal" with it buzzzing and crawling about by your ear!! All sorts of shit fly thru your mind... is he going crawl right in my ear! how the hell will I get it out, will it lay eggs in my ear and I will become a father???

It's damn torcher anyway
    If your mind wasn't so full of shit, you wouldn't have flies crawling in your ears!

Bike
    Ducati Mostro
    Quote Originally Posted by nutjob View Post
    If your mind wasn't so full of shit, you wouldn't have flies crawling in your ears!
    Well I fixed the problem, one: I have let my ear wax overflow and two: will not follow trumpit rideing dreadlocked riders.......... that seems to be when flys hit me
    DUCATI ------- A real bike in a sea of shit!

Thread Information