Thread: Electric superbike to compete against petrol bikes

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Electric superbike to compete against petrol bikes

SWIGZ.COM Pro Rracing has announced that their electric racebike will make history by competing directly against conventional petrol-powered bikes in January 2011, in a professionally organised road race.

SWIGZ owner and rider Chip Yates said "We have to thank WERA Motorcycle Roadracing for inviting us into their series to make history with this news. Our electric motorcycle will compete head on with real racing superbikes such as the Ducati 1198 and KTM RC8 as well as other established manufacturers, and we expect to work hard to show the world that electric technology can achieve laptime parity with gasoline superbikes. We're not going on track to make up the numbers; we're going out to compete in order to raise our game and catch up to these gasoline guys."

The SWIGZ bike – recently excluded from the FIM and TTXGP series for being ‘too heavy’ at 266kg (FIM/TTXGP rules state a maximum 250kg) – is also aiming to be, by February, the most powerful road racing motorcycle of any kind. Yates added "Our scheduled power increase (20% on top of the bike’s existing 194bhp) will make our electric superbike more powerful than a MotoGP bike and will bring us extremely close to power to weight parity with the best 1,000cc Japanese superbikes. Those two facts are a simply outstanding reflection of the potential in electric power."
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Support this bike

i get all warm and fuzzy with electric bikes ,,,,,may even buy one myself soon

Go that man !

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    waste of time developing electric motorcycles.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    They've competed successfully against normal off road bikes.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    [youtube]W3I3YZ9if10[/youtube]
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    whooaaaa dem big ears

poor sod

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Z50
    It's all fine and well having a 1:1 power to weight ratio but at about 60-70kg's more than a superbike, it's gonna shred tyres. It'll be interesting to see what they do about 'traction control', otherwise it'll be highside city.

I think they are being a bit ambitious if they think they'll last a race and be at the pointy end, specially if you consider the Isle of Man TTX races.
    "You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter34 View Post
    I think they are being a bit ambitious if they think they'll last a race and be at the pointy end, specially if you consider the Isle of Man TTX races.
    1 lap race and 98mph average this year, they'll crack 100mph easy next year

They'd easily last NZ national length races but as yet they wouldn't be on the pace of the Superbikes
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    My wings a pencil
    I watch this with interest.

Bike
    Z50
    Another player for TTX...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/750/87...irst-Look.aspx

The MotoCzyzs was pretty close, wonder if they'll remain top-dog next year, or if someone will trounce them, like they did the previous winners.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	944839675_z8n3e-O.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	226939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9b.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	226940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	226941  
    "You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."

Bike

mission R

Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Electric racebike takes podium against petrol bikes

Following on from the original announcement:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ighlight=swigz

The SWIGZ Racing team has famously recorded two podium finishes for their electric superbike, in their first races against gasoline-powered racebikes.

Chip Yates took third place in the first WERA Heavyweight Twins Superstock race, going one better with second in the second race of the day. Topping this was Yates recording the fastest lap in the second race at 1:39.792 with a top speed of 158mph.

Yates said: “We had to overcome technical difficulties on Saturday but we fixed everything and came back Sunday to score two podiums, a huge top speed, and post competitive gasoline bike lap times with no further technical issues to slow us down. What a humbling experience for our small team to develop and build a superbike that can beat gasoline bikes from the top manufacturers on their own terms - I was nearly brought to tears as I crossed the finish line both times!”
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Brilliant

Thread Information