Thread: Bike sounds good, got bored

Bike
    bandit

Bike sounds good, got bored

These holidays have been a bit boring so i decided to get an amp, some 4x6" fusions and make a speaker box that takes up under my seat. Its pretty pointless but looks really good, and should have some decent sound once its all wired up, just going to connect the ipod for sound thru the aux cable. I will post some pics up eventually, or maybe a youtube vide.
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Audible while riding?

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Waterproof? The biggest thing.
    Have to make sure the tiny bike battery can handle it too.

Bike
    bandit
    i got it finished today. It is way to loud, you have to stand back from the bike at half volume, i havent tried riding with them on yet. Yeah the battery is coping fine because the amp uses bearly any power. Having the seat over the top just makes it all alot more clear, and it should be mostly water proof, but if i get them completly drenched then it may not be.
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Probably should have grabbed some marine speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    bandit
    These are under the seat so it wont get any water on the actual speaker or amp but it may get the odd drip onto the side of the speaker box is all. I can kinda hear it when riding when its at half volume but i must look like a plonker when stopped at lights because its really loud at half. I think i may keep the music to when im stationary and use the headphones for when im riding. I put it in just for a bit of fun and to prove somebody wrong because they told me that I wouldnt be able to put a sound sytem in my bike that sounds good and is loud with the small space i had...

Love proving people wrong about things like this. If anybody ever wants to do something similar to their bike im happy to help even tho putting sounds in is basically pointless.

Also police may not like it when im riding also because it is to loud

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Under the seat? Like where the mud guard is?

Bike
    bandit
    HClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0025.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	503.9 KB 
ID:	226340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0027.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	442.7 KB 
ID:	226341 needs all the wires to be hidden now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0005.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	493.9 KB 
ID:	226342  

Bike
    '08 DR650
    alot tidier than i expected

Bike
    bandit
    Thanks, its slowly getting tidier as i hide more wires, these pictures i still had most of the wires showing.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Wow that is actually pretty clever. Well done.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Too many to count
    I lol'd

this is borderline club250 material

Bike
    bandit
    motorbyclist
    I lol'd

this is borderline club250 material
    HAHA, they do it because they believe it is actually of benefit and that it makes them look cool.

I did this because i had the time to and because people had told me that i couldnt, it cost $80 so im not to worried. Its something different that i probably will never use because it is pointless, but i made it to prove a point, if that makes sense... not really but who cares

Bike
    gsxr1000 k1
    that is awesome, does it produce good sound when parked up?
    must drain battery fast

Thread Information