Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KR-E ...lectric

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I'm going to say something very potentially dumb, but, have you considered using the brakes in any way as a recharge system? Because, then you will have the excuse to do stoppies EVERYWHERE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    I'm going to say something very potentially dumb, but, have you considered using the brakes in any way as a recharge system? Because, then you will have the excuse to do stoppies EVERYWHERE!
    Would be good to try, but you gotta get a motor onto the front wheel somehow, a swingarm with HCS and chain drive would be the go I reckon. Or you could add a hub motor or motor on the forks, but it'd be well heavy and handle shit.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Would be good to try, but you gotta get a motor onto the front wheel somehow, a swingarm with HCS and chain drive would be the go I reckon. Or you could add a hub motor or motor on the forks, but it'd be well heavy and handle shit.
    I have a funny idea in my head of using the disks and some bits and bobs to get some induction going on there? Ah, you're the engineer Put a jet on it, that would be metal,
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    I have a funny idea in my head of using the disks and some bits and bobs to get some induction going on there? Ah, you're the engineer Put a jet on it, that would be metal,
    You could get an eddy current brake going on probably, but that just disappates heat in the disk anyway.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    You could get an eddy current brake going on probably, but that just disappates heat in the disk anyway.
    Ah flag that idea, if you carry some spirits under the seat, you can get pissed when you have to push it and you won't mind so much

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    GSXR600 k7, FXR Bucket
    Blog Entries
    Surely you could use the electric motor off the back wheel for regenerative engine braking? Probably more complicated wiring needed there though.

One of the many bikes I've read about had a kind of negative throttle which you wind the other way and it produces a braking effect.
    Buckets Practice

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by javawocky View Post
    Surely you could use the electric motor off the back wheel for regenerative engine braking? Probably more complicated wiring needed there though.

One of the many bikes I've read about had a kind of negative throttle which you wind the other way and it produces a braking effect.
    yeh, could have done that with a fancier controller, would probly get 80% of the regeneratable energy for everyday use, not as cool though.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    How about a simple bypass relay so that if you hit is a physical crowbar contact is activated taking the motor power and feeding it into the charger terminal?

Crude I know - but you could hook it up to a micro-switch so that when you came off power it started charging.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    How about a simple bypass relay so that if you hit is a physical crowbar contact is activated taking the motor power and feeding it into the charger terminal?

Crude I know - but you could hook it up to a micro-switch so that when you came off power it started charging.
    my charger isn't set up to boost the voltage, generally they will short the motor contacts together to set up a current loop, then open em onto the battery as the current loop will be maintained, repeat really fast to get regen!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Ride by vid of it.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Awesome dude!

Gotta love that exhaust note as you disappeared - sounded a lot like a flat 6 aero engine...

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    Awesome dude!

Gotta love that exhaust note as you disappeared - sounded a lot like a flat 6 aero engine...
    haha, yeh we timed it so there was no other traffic around to mask the noise, then some fucker in a plane comes and spoils it, oh well, no subsititue for hearing it IRL anyway.

Bike
    GSX R1000 K7
    Way to go.
    Who gives a shit if gas prices go up.
    What`s the rego cost on an electric powered road going bike, seeming as the cc rating is zero??
    Let the good times roll

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
    Way to go.
    Who gives a shit if gas prices go up.
    What`s the rego cost on an electric powered road going bike, seeming as the cc rating is zero??
    mines reged as a moped due to the low top speed, other are slightly more than normal bike rego, but not by much.

Bike
    mines reged as a moped due to the low top speed, other are slightly more than normal bike rego, but not by much.
    What are the others reged as? Is there an "Alternative-Fuel Motorcycle" category?

Thread Information