Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KR-E ...lectric

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    What are the others reged as? Is there an "Alternative-Fuel Motorcycle" category?
    Think it's a 'non-petrol motorcycle' category, like diesels but I think exempt from diesel miles for now. This is all going from memory of a few years ago when it was all ums and ahs and 'I'll call some other bloke to check' probably more organised now.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    That is very impressive. You have done a great job.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Awesome dude. Can I suggest an iceblock stick [or spatula?] in the spokes?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    That's bitchin'!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Bikes!
    You're my hero!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Awesome dude. Can I suggest an iceblock stick [or spatula?] in the spokes?
    There's only 3 spokes though! Maybe a ram-air duct to a whistle instead
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Thats fricken awesome.
    Good work!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    There's only 3 spokes though! :
    It'll sound like a one lunger!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    A momentus day today, broke the 100km distance traveled mark, and hit 68kmhr (indicated)

I've also bee noticing this is awesome for roundabouts, well low COG means it turns in easy, and no low rpm driveline chatter means it's piss easy going smooth as. Be wicked fun to gymkhana I reckon.

On another note, the brakes are still pretty shit, do pads lose their grip after a long time? cos they have had bugger all use for a decade, but plenty of meat left on em.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Let me try the brakes so I stop thinking my big as fuck twin four pots are shit
    It is possible, try sanding the disk and pad? There may be a bit of a glaze or something.
    Or, I have two spare front discs, two four pot calipers with good pads and one twin pot caliper + rear disk, but the seals are munted.
    Take your pick, or throw them on the bros, you know you want to.
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Let me try the brakes so I stop thinking my big as fuck twin four pots are shit
    It is possible, try sanding the disk and pad? There may be a bit of a glaze or something.
    Or, I have two spare front discs, two four pot calipers with good pads and one twin pot caliper + rear disk, but the seals are munted.
    Take your pick, or throw them on the bros, you know you want to.
    Haha, was going to give it another, and possibly last, test run today, but I'm think postponed due to precipitation, rides should be available soon.
    Might give em a sand, I also think we put some drum shoes in the oven once to do a similar thing. Or I could just get some new ones, doesn't sound cheap though...

Trouble is the bros won't take another disk with the stock rims, and I like my egg-beater rims

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Haha, was going to give it another, and possibly last, test run today, but I'm think postponed due to precipitation, rides should be available soon.
    Might give em a sand, I also think we put some drum shoes in the oven once to do a similar thing. Or I could just get some new ones, doesn't sound cheap though...

Trouble is the bros won't take another disk with the stock rims, and I like my egg-beater rims
    Measure between the bolt holes, I'm fairly sure the Bro is 68mm center to center, if you we could throw a proper caliper on it. you know you want real brakes The ZZR calipers have the same bolt spacing as a VTR1000, which to my knowledge was the same spacing as the CB, which in turn had the same caliper (Just two of 'em)

I'll probably get the shits when I find there's no engine braking haha

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Measure between the bolt holes, I'm fairly sure the Bro is 68mm center to center, if you we could throw a proper caliper on it. you know you want real brakes The ZZR calipers have the same bolt spacing as a VTR1000, which to my knowledge was the same spacing as the CB, which in turn had the same caliper (Just two of 'em)

I'll probably get the shits when I find there's no engine braking haha
    I'd have to go to my uncle's place to measure the bros forks, mind you the ZXR250C ones could be the same. I have 4 pots on there anyway though, and 310mm disc iirc, so not sure the ZZR ones would offer any benefit?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I'd have to go to my uncle's place to measure the bros forks, mind you the ZXR250C ones could be the same. I have 4 pots on there anyway though, and 310mm disc iirc, so not sure the ZZR ones would offer any benefit?
    I thought the Bros had twin piston on the front? A sliding one, exactly the same as a VT250 Spada
    I do think my brakes are shit though...

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I thought the Bros had twin piston on the front? A sliding one, exactly the same as a VT250 Spada
    I do think my brakes are shit though...
    Nah bros is a 4 pot, but the hawks are all twin pots floating calipers. So you can't use a hawk disc on a bros, which is annoying as it means bros discs are more expensive, and less cool looking.

Thread Information