Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: KR-E ...lectric

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Nah bros is a 4 pot, but the hawks are all twin pots floating calipers. So you can't use a hawk disc on a bros, which is annoying as it means bros discs are more expensive, and less cool looking.
    That would explain why mine stopped fairly well then Apart from when I would aim it at a fence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    So old you won't care
    The spirit of Burt Munro and John Brittan lives on - good onya man...

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    It has been running good for a while now (here's hoping that didn't just jinx it to explode on the way home ), so if people are keen for a ride of it and happen to be in palmy we should be able to suss something out, weather permitting.

One of the comments so far is that it has deceptive acceleration, with a 15sec 0-50 time it's pretty slow, but it feels faster
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I'll let you laugh at my mid range fuelling in exchange for a ride
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I can vouch that the 'lectric beast is great.

I think you should sell it as a kit Bogan, I'd sell my Nana to buy one (She's a mad bitch anyway)

Scoots along pretty well, better than expected and obviously is easier to ride than....well anything.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Done a bit of parts browsing, this stuff is getting well cheap, these ones should give a decent performing combo

http://www.evdrives.com/kits_conversion.html

http://currentevtech.com/Lithium-Bat...FePO4-p42.html

Weight 50kg
    Power 11.5kw continuous, 23kw peak for 1min bursts
    Capacity 3.4kwhr
    Price 2650.8 USD

I reckon with exchange rates, shipping and GST, 4K for that stuff, another K for battery management/charger and some welding cable, plus donor bike for another K, would give you a damn good bike for only 6K Make a good dirtbike or bucket racer possibly, or with different (but heavier and slightly more expensive) batteries (http://currentevtech.com/Lithium-Bat...-cell-p23.html) a reasonable commuter good for 100kmhr, and probly 50-100km range. No regen braking is all...

So, anyone got 6k to spend on a conversion? I can help out with electric wiring theory etc....
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I want to see re-gen braking!

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Had a spare CCFL halo, figure it might go well in the electric. Kind of works, but pretty weak in the daytime. Ticks the DRL box for the plod though I would think. Might get on to a 36-12V headlight circuit, with beam modulator, just to be a bit more visible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010705.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	493.5 KB 
ID:	244899  

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Found an interesting problem today, the current sensor is bolted to a bit of plastic, however one of the washers had a burr around the edge (form the stamping manufacturing process I guess), and created some resistance, over time it had generated enough heat and caused the copper plate on the sensor to melt it's way through the plastic, and lost connectivity.
    I sanded the washer flat, reassembled, and will hope for the best! Because with no clutch or neutral, she's a bit heavier to push!

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    Bike looks dope man. Way to beat the rising petrol costs!

Very interested to hear it's about it's range once you know!

How does the torque feel?
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by racefactory View Post
    Bike looks dope man. Way to beat the rising petrol costs!

Very interested to hear it's about it's range once you know!

How does the torque feel?
    I don't think I'll ever find out the range, because it is better for the batteries to keep em topped up.

You know that feeling when you dream you have tripped over, then have a massive spasm and wake up. Yeh, it's got so little torque you could fall asleep on it! But it's still good fun to ride, make different noises, pulls from nothing. If you're in palmy, hit me up and come have a go.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Interesting problem with the washer must have been the Kawasaki in it coming to visit.

Can I ride it again

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Interesting problem with the washer must have been the Kawasaki in it coming to visit.

Can I ride it again
    Well you got to expect that sort of thing I guess.

Yeh, just noticed the other day that the carpark over the fence is way bigger than I thought. I have no idea why, all there is around here is a pub and hotel, and space for over a hundred cars. Anyway, reckon we chuck out some cones etc, do a bit of nanagymkana, tis not like anyone is going to get upset about the noise

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Well you got to expect that sort of thing I guess.

Yeh, just noticed the other day that the carpark over the fence is way bigger than I thought. I have no idea why, all there is around here is a pub and hotel, and space for over a hundred cars. Anyway, reckon we chuck out some cones etc, do a bit of nanagymkana, tis not like anyone is going to get upset about the noise
    That's a plan! Just throw some crash bars and training wheels on for me

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    That's a plan! Just throw some crash bars and training wheels on for me
    haha, reckon just take it easy the first time, see if it is worth mounting some proper crash bungs (I have a pile of super-fancy plastic just the size for crash bungs left over from a job too). Make sure we take the mirrors off though...

Thread Information