Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This time prehaps.. ZXR250

Bike
    2004 krr zx150
    Lol Yeah I had considered that option too.

Bike
    2004 krr zx150
    well tyres will cost me $400 about, but I've got him to knock $200 off it too. Also got my father to take it for a test ride. He said it runs ok. He's a little hesitent about me getting a race postion bike, said you have to lean into the corners too much, but I'm not worried.
    (plus he's a little rounder around the mid section than me )

Said I'd try to decide tonight, so any input would be taken greatly

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    What pegs you talking about??? The front and rear ones that hold the tank on are metal arn't they .... well they were on mine. As to the tank moving around maybe it's the spacer between tank and fram (mine started moving when that went missing due to an "unfortuate road meeting incident")

It's still probably worth about $1700 though even with all that done.

P.s. where did you take it for a WOF. Cause back in the day i used to go down the road to the petrol station where there was a bike WOF guy. But he was a no-brain idiot. I mean one of my handelbars was slightly twisted in and he thought the forks were bent, so i went to the bike shop and they told me this guy was full of horse shit, went back to the guy and he phoned up the shop to comfirm what they said. IDIOT> Since then i go to a mechanic i trust for a WOF.

p.p.s. although the zxr was my second bike and it had done 95000 odd km when i got it it was awsome and improved my riding quite significantly. So if you get a good one it will do wonders for your riding ability
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    CBR600F3
    I would really recommend a ZXR to learn on, as it has been said they will do wonders for your riding. I can't help but sense that you should really take the machine into a bike mecahnic and get one of those AA? 50 point checks - $50 now can save a great deal of money later and it will expose any major issues you need to factor it. They are a great bargaining tool
    "Resort to the law so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not one honourable lawyer who would not give the warning "Suffer any wrong rather than come here".

Charles Dickens

Bike
    2004 krr zx150
    Well I wanted to take it down to Norjo Motors, but since they were all booked up I went to the Sockburn testing station. An English (maybe Welsh?) guy there took it through and generally was pretty good, although he did not notice the rather large leak in the exhust. Well to be fair it doesn't effect the noise level much, so that's probably why he didn't notice.

Thanks for the comments. It's things like that that'll help me decide.
    I'm still a bit iffy atm in case you can't tell. I like it but with the damage I can't help but think "hmm.I could probably get a late 90's 150 2 stroke for $1600.. " (not that I'm really considering a 2 stroke, maintaince and the fact I'm told they don't make great commuters have put me off)

Bike
    CBR600F3
    Quote Originally Posted by sefer
    Well I wanted to take it down to Norjo Motors, but since they were all booked up I went to the Sockburn testing station. An English (maybe Welsh?) guy there took it through and generally was pretty good, although he did not notice the rather large leak in the exhust. Well to be fair it doesn't effect the noise level much, so that's probably why he didn't notice.

Thanks for the comments. It's things like that that'll help me decide.
    I'm still a bit iffy atm in case you can't tell. I like it but with the damage I can't help but think "hmm.I could probably get a late 90's 150 2 stroke for $1600.. " (not that I'm really considering a 2 stroke, maintaince and the fact I'm told they don't make great commuters have put me off)
    As long as you know everything about it - ie what you have to fix, then you will be fine. Just make sure there are no suprises and remember you always get what you pay for so only pay for what your getting
    "Resort to the law so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not one honourable lawyer who would not give the warning "Suffer any wrong rather than come here".

Charles Dickens

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Is this the first bike for you??

Mine is all cosmetically tired etc, but it is actually a good thing. Crims don't want it as much, and if I do have a crash then I immediately save, because the fairings are already scratched and damaged.

But to get back to perfect nick, yes, fairings will cost, but as a learner, don't worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Front and rear tire
    Lots of cheaper options avialable you dont haveto go and speed mega bucks on a flash tire your still learning so no need for anything expensive.

Horn to work (owner said just a wire as he's had a 'ooga horn' attached previously)
    If its broken you can pick up a car horn for about 20$ max.

Adjust chain (I thought it was f***ed when I heard it at first, rattling the way it was
    Welcome to the world of chain driven cams, these just need to be watched ask your mechanic if he would convert it to a manual tensioner makes it alot quieter.

Sproket borderline, new one needed sometime soon (but no wof issue)
    Sproket was probably eaten by a bad chain, replace all the sprockets and chain at the same time - more you fix now less you worry about later.

Secure fuel tank and seat (probably the hardest thing if the plastic 'peg' from the fairing is broken...)
    You mean that littke spikey thing on the tip of the left and right rear Fairing that clips into the tank?... well that doesnt hold it in place - its one bolt up top (straight above the fuel tank you cant miss it) and one down bottom (under the seat) if it 'wriggles' and the bolts are in then tighten them or put in some washers - you have to allow for some movement of the tank.

The seat? how is that not working is it the front or rear seat whats wrong with that, they are all controlled by a leverage pullyunder the rear seat and the front seat has a large white clip that goes under a metal holder and slaps in.

Dont worry chicks dig road rashed bikes

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    So thats why you "cured" my bike. Haven't noticed anything yet tho

Roooolll on up ladies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    So thats why you "cured" my bike. Haven't noticed anything yet tho

Roooolll on up ladies

But you fixed it up .
    I'll send this zx down the road to give it more value

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    What about a totally trashed, lost and strungout bike?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    What about a totally trashed, lost and strungout bike?
    Your mother will always dig you no matter what the other kids say alarumba...

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Your mother will always dig you no matter what the other kids say alarumba...

What were you saying again?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba

What were you saying again?
    lmao .......

Bike
    2004 krr zx150
    Well thanks guys. At this point I've decided to go for it (with one more quick check of the front arms when I pick it up). I'll try to get it for $1700 (really I should try for $1600, since that's really the most cash I'm likely to be able to get over the weekend) But I'm happy enough with 1800 if not. I'll post a pic of the monstrosity I've brought sometime tomorrow so you can tell me what a bad move I've made

Thread Information