Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K7 GSXR750 engine temp in Celsius?

Bike
    Corona GSXR

K7 GSXR750 engine temp in Celsius?

is it possible to switch the engine temp readings from Fahrenheit to Celsius?
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Yeah, look in your manual. You'll need to hold one (or both, I can't remember) of the buttons in for about 5 seconds or something like that (been a while).

Bike
    Corona GSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    Yeah, look in your manual. You'll need to hold one (or both, I can't remember) of the buttons in for about 5 seconds or something like that (been a while).
    manual says that its displayed in both f and c but doesnt say how to change it?
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Googled 2007 gsxr temp change......

"According to the user's manual, press SELECT until you see the odometer screen then hold down both SELECT and ADJUST for at least 3 seconds or more. That should change it. Now, their is another problem that you may not be aware of, and that is if that bike is a Canadian one, it may not change. it is my understanding that the US models and EUROPEAN ones are the only ones that can change. Try this, and if it does not change, you are out of luck."
    Last edited by Latte; 21st December 2010 at 10:45. Reason: Source Added
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    Corona GSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss View Post
    Googled 2007 gsxr temp change......

"According to the user's manual, press SELECT until you see the odometer screen then hold down both SELECT and ADJUST for at least 3 seconds or more. That should change it. Now, their is another problem that you may not be aware of, and that is if that bike is a Canadian one, it may not change. it is my understanding that the US models and EUROPEAN ones are the only ones that can change. Try this, and if it does not change, you are out of luck."
    select + adjust only changes mph/kph, might just be shit out of luck then.. pretty gay it shows temp in Fahrenheit even though its a nz new model

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Have you called your friendly local Suzuki dealer?

They may know about such things....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by specter View Post
    select + adjust only changes mph/kph, might just be shit out of luck then.. pretty gay it shows temp in Fahrenheit even though its a nz new model
    Take it back to the shop and make them change it. It is not unreasonable for a consumer in NZ to expect their bike to report the temperature in degrees celcius.

Or just ignore it, it's no biggy.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Does it have a 'castle' nut with cotter pin on the rear axle? If so, it's more than likely excess stock from Canada that was sold here as NZ New. Totally legal by the way, and they would not have to rectify it to suit the NZ market.

Bike
    Corona GSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Does it have a 'castle' nut with cotter pin on the rear axle? If so, it's more than likely excess stock from Canada that was sold here as NZ New. Totally legal by the way, and they would not have to rectify it to suit the NZ market.
    ummm, nut with pin in it, yes... ahwell doesn't bother me too much but would be ice to have it in Celsius,but i shall somehow manage

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    ummm, nut with pin in it, yes... ahwell doesn't bother me too much but would be ice to have it in Celsius,but i shall somehow manage
    It will be E 03 spec (US).
    If it was E28 spec (Canadian) the temp guage will be in degrees C, and the speedo in km only. E 28 do have the castellated axle nut, too.
    As far as I am aware, there is no way of changing the temp red-out short of replacing the instrument cluster
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Tuono R , SD900
    you might be luck and have one of the 13 press realise bikes , that where balanced, that where sold here

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeback View Post
    you might be luck and have one of the 13 press realise bikes , that where balanced, that where sold here
    They were E19 (European) spec bikes
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Just because it's a NZ new bike doesn't mean it a NZ model, NZ is a bit of a Suzuki dumping ground i'm told, could be a model that was originally meant one of quite a few different markets.

Bike
    Corona GSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by NZsarge View Post
    Just because it's a NZ new bike doesn't mean it a NZ model, NZ is a bit of a Suzuki dumping ground i'm told, could be a model that was originally meant one of quite a few different markets.
    as posted earlier so far the bike has zero problems bar the temp readings (and as cowboys would say - soft front hard rear) im quite happy with it, was just wondering if there was a quick fix but im not gonna bitch and moan about it. thanks for the info guys!

Bike
    GSXR450
    as posted earlier so far the bike has zero problems bar the temp readings (and as cowboys would say - soft front hard rear) im quite happy with it, was just wondering if there was a quick fix but im not gonna bitch and moan about it. thanks for the info guys!

The rear is not hard mate, it has no where near enough spring pre load on it from standard, making it compress to easily, leading you to believe it is to hard
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Thread Information