Thread: Kawasaki eliminator

Bike
    looking at getting another one!

Kawasaki eliminator

I just found a Kawasaki eliminator, El250/zl250 (what is the difference?) it is around my price range for a first bike. Are there any known problems with them? Are they good bikes? or is there a better bike i can get for around $3,000?

Bike
    None any more
    The Eliminator EL250 is a ripper of a bike. An inline two, six-speed box, low seat height (good for ladies and other untall riders), nice and comfy and shit-hot fun to ride. They also have Mr Kawasaki's bloody excellent positive neutral finder (Geez I miss this feature). Mrs H had one as her second bike (traded a Honda CB100 in on it after two weeks' riding). Get one without spoked wheels -- much easier to clean! Good gas mileage, compared to an inline-four 250. Kawasaki also do a v-twin Eliminator. These are fairly scarce but look stunning. They go well too, I understand.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Kawasaki also do a v-twin Eliminator. These are fairly scarce but look stunning. They go well too, I understand.
    I am going to have to say that the 05 ELv Is the most impressive bugger you could find!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	11580  

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I am going to have to say that the 05 ELv Is the most impressive bugger you could find!
    That's nice. Very nice.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    looking at getting another one!
    are there any known problems with these eliminators. I am assuming the V-twin model is better compared to the inline 2 model. But the Inline 2 model is pretty good as well. Any idea on the top speed / highway driveability??

As Hitcher said, stay away from the spoked rims. Is there anything else I need to keep an eye out for?

Thanks for the replies guys.!! Will hopefully be joining you all once I get a bike!

Bike
    1992, TOYOTA
    Only 35 - 40 horsepower probably not too heavy from the looks of them.
    Rear brake is drum. Meaning that you are cursing when you are changing the brake shoe.

Other than that, I actually think that they look pretty nice.

I think you would like an inline four 250cc though. No harm test riding one or two. If you pick your time right, $3000 would easily cover a yamaha FZR250 or something like that.

-- I only actually knew of the V Twin one. The inline 2 would be a lot less powerful.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the V Twin one neared 180. Similar horsepower and weight to the VTR250s. 89 VTR250 does 180 juuust, reved to 13 I think. So if the revs are there I think it would pass 170.

The inline 2.. would be too slow.

Thread Information