Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Progression of a total motorcycle noob

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantman_ View Post
    Attachment 260178

Attachment 260179

Attachment 260180

On the 18/1 I had a motorcycle accident, one week after purchasing the 600rr. I've been in bed since and have 5 weeks to go before walking. Busted left leg and pelvis. Would have died on the scene but an ambulance was minutes away on the same route and able to keep me as my pulse died. Unashamedly I give God the credit, as a Christian, for being alive today and with light injuries given the nature of the accident.

I've been told I slid out, for whatever reason, and ended sliding underneath a loaded logging truck chugging in the opposit direction up a winding section of road. All the wheels missed or I wouldn't be typing this. I finished up about halfway allong the vehicle having gone between the front wheels.

I could have tried to save my pride by keeping quite. I've seen a few accident threads here that go south fast, but it is good to be sobered up as a rider.

Be careful out there.
    Why does this not surprise me!
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    yea more than 2 bikes is ideal, i moved up from my 250s in the usual manner.. even though iv got a nice big bike now thats well set up - I went ahead and bought a second bike, a nice light 250cc 2 stroker.

smaller bikes are fun.. small bike for a thrash around the hills, and big bike for everything else.. burnouts, annoying families at christmas etc

keep em both!
    I'm pretty sure my 600 is more fun than my two GNs I've had and my VT250...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Just saw this from your other thread - were you on 77 at auckland hospital? you look familiar...remember a physio talking to you about bikes?

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR (L)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Just saw this from your other thread - were you on 77 at auckland hospital? you look familiar...remember a physio talking to you about bikes?
    Hi man, I certainly remember you. I also remember your buddy visiting the day after my final pelvis op with a walking frame thing, and saying 'we're going to get you up to walk today'. !!! (It was 13 weeks after that date I finally got the go ahead!). Glad I wasn't too doolaly to say 'I don't think so guys'! I chuckled about that one a few times.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    So you're on your feet again? I've got a GN250 you can buy
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR (L)
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    So you're on your feet again? I've got a GN250 you can buy
    Somewhat. Thanks but I've still got an infinitely better 250!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Somewhat. Thanks but I've still got an infinitely better 250!
    Want a bet? I will bet you ownership papers that my GN is faster than your CBR

at using oil.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Hi man, I certainly remember you. I also remember your buddy visiting the day after my final pelvis op with a walking frame thing, and saying 'we're going to get you up to walk today'. !!! (It was 13 weeks after that date I finally got the go ahead!). Glad I wasn't too doolaly to say 'I don't think so guys'! I chuckled about that one a few times.
    Haha yeah :-) good to hear your doing better now!! Back on a bike again?

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR (L)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Haha yeah :-) good to hear your doing better now!! Back on a bike again?
    Not as yet, but I'll get there. Sorting out gear replacement currently.

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Good to hear your somewhat ok now mate. Sounds like a nasty crash. Perhaps time to chill a bit on the roads and get a track bike aye?
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR (L)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Good to hear your somewhat ok now mate. Sounds like a nasty crash. Perhaps time to chill a bit on the roads and get a track bike aye?
    Sounds good to me. The road bike will suffice for a bit on a track.

Bike
    Merida
    This is a great thread, thanks Grant for your honest contribution. I wish someone could learn from this, but everyone thinks they are special, have super skills and have nothing to learn, especially when they are noobs, so they probably won't learn a thing.

Just a question regarding the video with the sparks. Is that a stock bike? somehow I think the bike should be leaning more before the sparks start flying... Does it have longer than standard pegs?
    Ride fast or be last.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    This is a great thread, thanks Grant for your honest contribution. I wish someone could learn from this, but everyone thinks they are special, have super skills and have nothing to learn, especially when they are noobs, so they probably won't learn a thing.

Just a question regarding the video with the sparks. Is that a stock bike? somehow I think the bike should be leaning more before the sparks start flying... Does it have longer than standard pegs?
    That's what an obsession with getting your knee down gets you.

Bike
    Honda CBR250RR (L)
    Yes, to be honest if you have stratospheric confidence and often use the road as a track you’re on a death timer, that’s the real point. Getting my knee down advanced me to that point. Knee down in itself can be done without drama in certain places; it’s the attitude desiring it you have to watch. Inconsequentially I never got the knee down on the unfamiliar, 1 week old 600 and my accident was on an unsuitable downhill corner I wouldn’t have contemplated trying it. However, I had crashes owing and I was cruising to hospital one way or another at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post

Cheers. The sparks were from the knee sliders.

Bike
    Merida
    Cheers. The sparks were from the knee sliders.
    Good on you.
    Ride fast or be last.

Thread Information