Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese made scooter

Bike
    2010 Unsure (going to be a scooter)

Chinese made scooter

Well i will admit it that i own one and love it, ok it has only just ticked over 1500km and is still going strong.

So does anyone else in here own one and how many Kms have they done also have you had any problems with it??

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    is "Chinese" the brand name? never heard of it.

Bike
    Was pretty much putting all those brands under one hat.. Any scooter made in China (all the ones that every says are cheap and nasty and to stay away from) mine is a 2010 Euro Rider looking good in black

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    I rode around on a "Kymco" venox 250 (motorcycle) Kymco is a Taiwanese scooter company. Not sure if its in the same league as the Chinese ones though. I rode my Kymco round for over 30,000ks and never had a problem with it.

funny how its called "Euro rider" though....hahaha.

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Sadly Honda, Suzuki even piaggio (flys) are assembling scoots and bikes in China.

Assembling probably isn't the same as building from scratch/copying though?

I think some of the early major problems were the way they are sold, anyone could import a container of partly assembled bikes and flog them off for as much as the market could stand. The new owner had to put the wheels, panels etc on and do the first start up using a manual with a version of English unknown to the western world. No PD check, no quality control, just six months of warranty (or as long as the container took to sell) and a fist full of paper to get it registered with.
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    1500 km's troublefree is a record......

Quit while you'r ahead!
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    99 Suzie,05 R6.
    Yep,I used to have one,it was a 2009 Model Eurorider/Solana etc...

I got 2000km trouble free scooting on it,I then sold it because I got into motorbikes,but I loved the little scoot,so easy to park and ride.

At first I wasn't sure if it would last a 100km,but it ran faultlessly until I sold it.

You can tell the build quality isn't as good as the japanese etc,but I only paid $875 for a brand new one,and I had no complaints about it.

I actually miss it,and if I could afford to keep 3 vehicles I would have kept it.

$2 got me 100km!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post

Quit while you'r ahead!
    Why is that?? Am sure I can get alot more out of her and parts seem readily available??

Bike
    . .
    Did you know that in China several million people own chinese scooters? I'm just saying....

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post

Quit while you'r ahead!

I used to run a scooter shop, still run a workshop.

Chinese scooters were my best friend, as I did not sell them.

I made way more money fixing them than I made from selling quality scooters, which never came back for repairs.

I never saw one with more than 2000km on the clock that was worth anything. None older than 1000km could have got any kind of WOF - lucky they dont need one.

Your mileage may vary.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    I did 2600 k's on my chinese scooter, and it was a 2 stroke. No issues while I owned it. Top speed was 70kph, but was happy at 60 to 65
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'd rather eat cat shit with a knitting needle than go to Green Day

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by mattian View Post
    I rode around on a "Kymco" venox 250 (motorcycle) Kymco is a Taiwanese scooter company. Not sure if its in the same league as the Chinese ones though. I rode my Kymco round for over 30,000ks and never had a problem with it.

funny how its called "Euro rider" though....hahaha.
    I have been looking at scooters lately and doing a bit of research. Kymco are pretty highly rated: the story I read (internet but might be bullshit) is that the Kymco plant started in 1963 by Honda to build their stuff cheaper. Now has its own brand and also builds engines for BMW (the singles and the cparallel twins?). Ive ridden a couple and they're pretty good. Allegedly parts availability is not great in NZ, but what you need you can get online pretty easily.

What I really want is a Vespa LX150, but upwards of $4k ?? I dont think a price premium of over a grand is justified for functional (if not stylistic) equivalency.

I have looked at a couple of the Chinese brands: the Baotian ones seem OK, but I will steer away from them at purchase time.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1994 Yamaha Zeal
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    the Baotian ones seem OK, but I will steer away from them at purchase time.
    I had the 'Tiger' Baotian, go into Escuta and have a squizz at them if you want. Hayden is the mechanic (he used to race bikes I think) and Malcolm is the manager there. They were always really helpful to me and they said they had access to a hell of a lot of spares for Baotian in NZ.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-345449883.htm

That one is the one like mine. If you want me to compare between my old Suzuki Sepia then I will, but obviously it might not be relevant to this particular thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'd rather eat cat shit with a knitting needle than go to Green Day

Bike
    is the Tiger' Baotian a Chinese made scooter??

Was in Wootons the other day having a browse and they had a solana in getting its 10,000km check up done. Talking to the owner he said just like anything if they are well looked after and regularly maintained that there is no reason they cant do more then the 2000km people give them credit for..

With this in mind if i was to install
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=344660784
    this into my Euro rider would the engine be able to handle it or would it then just be stretching it to the MAX, any input people??

Bike
    2007 GPX250R, 2009 Sachs SX1
    I bought my chinese made SACHS in Feb 2010 with 50km and now have 6500km on it. I did not have the luxury of inhereting the balance for the shop warranty, which sucked.

The only real issues were:

- retuning the carb (first carb I ever tuned so it was a pain to get right)
    - the rear axel nut came loose (how the F does that happen?)
    - seat storage latch broke. I fixed it with a zip tie and a bottle cap

I think this scoot can easily go 20,000km or more.... or about 2000km more if I decide to mod the engine

Thread Information