Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Wellington's motorcycle parking free - sign the petition!

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    DONE and DONE!

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Ask Eyegasm, he parks in the building my fiance's park is in. 50$ amonth, and he gets to use a dark corner they cant fit a mini in
    Correct.

Although I prefer to know that my bike is not at the winds mercy, as well as having 24 hour access.

I do not believe that Motorcycles should have to pay, but I believe that portions of the parking should be time limited. Nothing worse than going to a part of town and finding all the bikes parks are occupied when you only want to pop into a place for a few minutes or so.
    White Trash Pearls of Wisdom #2654 - Refering to yourself in the 3rd person: The only thing gayer, would be being caught handcuffed around a public toilet bowl, an apple stuffed in your mouth and George Michael administering an epic caneing to your exposed cheeks while Boy George documents the event on a handicam.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyegasm View Post

I do not believe that Motorcycles should have to pay, but I believe that portions of the parking should be time limited. Nothing worse than going to a part of town and finding all the bikes parks are occupied when you only want to pop into a place for a few minutes or so.
    Yes one of the subjects to be discussed with WCC at a 'casual discussion' I am privelledged enough to be attending for BRONZ is time limited zones in the central CBD, which alone is not too bad a prospect.
    Been down that argument path with John Visser in the 2009 parking thread, and John actually got us more parks created in the end (good bloke, saw the light)

But they have also eluded to either paying for all day slots, or moving us into parking buildings.... they also tried telling me and Riffer Motorcycles are not reducing congestion because we crash too much, and we damage the environment because we dont have catalytic converters on enough bikes...OMG!

1300+ bikes a day, become cars if we have to pay.
    (Ok slight exageration but you get the drift)
    Bikes also can GARANTEE 50% occupancy, and the lane spliiting crowd DEFINITLEY assist traffic flow, legally or otherwise

Points we all know allready obviously
    Just ride.

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Yes one of the subjects to be discussed with WCC at a 'casual discussion' I am privelledged enough to be attending for BRONZ is time limited zones in the central CBD, which alone is not too bad a prospect.
    Been down that argument path with John Visser in the 2009 parking thread, and John actually got us more parks created in the end (good bloke, saw the light)

But they have also eluded to either paying for all day slots, or moving us into parking buildings.... they also tried telling me and Riffer Motorcycles are not reducing congestion because we crash too much, and we damage the environment because we dont have catalytic converters on enough bikes...OMG!

1300+ bikes a day, become cars if we have to pay.
    (Ok slight exageration but you get the drift)
    Bikes also can GARANTEE 50% occupancy, and the lane spliiting crowd DEFINITLEY assist traffic flow, legally or otherwise

Points we all know allready obviously
    They need to verify statements like that with facts, otherwise is to be unprofessional and an abuse of their public service position. If they want us to act like cars then we can be like cars and take up space accordingly.

What do their buses pump out then. Trains are more inefficent than taking a car person in and that's according to the UK survey on their vastly more efficient train system.

- by the way my local beach is 9 times over the pollution limit, so they can't be that concerned about pollution.

I could go on - and on and on and on and on
    Good work though Stoney.
    Last edited by cheshirecat; 12th January 2011 at 15:35. Reason: simplified

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Seems so, my bad for not noting Daves fine thread
    Can a clever MOD please merge these and place in appropriate location onthe front page?????
    Just ride.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    they also tried telling me and Riffer Motorcycles are not reducing congestion because we crash too much
    Whoever said that needs a good smack upside the head with one of the slippery ass manhole covers they stick all over the place!
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I will admit to having overzealously having a go at poor old Bodir in the 2009 thread with mr Visser.
    Was under massive pressure back then and organising BIKOI etc, and he deserves a public and personal appology

HOWEVER (caveat here) John Visser was true to his word
    He organised more parking for us to compensate for the 'get off the footpaths' situation
    At the time I so visciously replied to Bodir, John and I were coming to a very cooperative middle ground, and as I said he proactively compensated Wellington Motorcyclists for the loss of previously accepted footpath parking spaces

Again, I appologise for my angry reply to Bodir, but being asked to get off the footpaths was completely different to being forced to give up our free parking, given in exchange for not using Pay and Display slots which under WCC bylaws are not available for Motorcycles

Peace
    Just ride.

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by bistard View Post
    What a load of shit,we went through this a few years ago
    One question I had was if they did charge,where would you put the parking label?
    You set up the bike parking with each bike space having a number painted on the road.
    After you park you enter the number into a parking meter machine, then pay for how long you want to park. No ticket is printed. The parking meter machine can be checked to see which spaces have been paid for.

You can thank me later

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
    Looks like I'm the only Aucklander supporting you guys down there.
    Not quite I see about 9 Aucklanders on it at 140 siggies, far more now

Well done Kiwibikers
    Add to this, the council invited 'appropriate representatives' for a 'casual discussion'

One private citizen who 'lobbied them about parking' (no idea if biker or not)
    Director of SCooterazi
    Ulysses (got that right at least)
    And BRONZ

I have managed to convince them to invite MAG-NZ and WIMA as well
    United we stand..... you know the rest
    Just ride.

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    I have free secure parking but I would dislike others to be charged for this so done and email address authenticated

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    I might live near the Bombays, but I still live in NZ!!!!! Signed!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Good onya Bronz Wellington, you guys are normally first out of the starting block on anything local or otherwise...

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    signed.

As this is a plan at the moment is there anywhere we can make submissions to, or is it not at that stage yet?
    Paul’s Adventure riding Photo’s

Latest photo's

Paved Roads are just another example of Wasted Taxpayer Dollars

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs down

Signed! Arseholes, John I hope you are monitoring this thread.If it's going to take some affirmative action to change councils mind then please remind them of the London Councils attempt at charging for parking and how the whole of London was brought to a standstill day in and day out for wekks on end by small groups of determined motorists.
    This is gouging John, we've(read Stoney and co) have co operated and worked with you guys for ages, Now this???
    Makes no sense to alienate us again.
    Just to be absolutely clear, though I live in Dorkalnd, if action is called for and numbers are required.
    I WILL RIDE.
    I've had enough of authorities thinking they can simply bull doze shit through to suit themsleves.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information