Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My first Suzuki

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa

Thanks Kenwig

I made the seat adjustments today, 10 minute job, then went for a quick loop out through Maraetai.

Bike
    None any more
    My seat's bleeding arse days are numbered. It's getting ridden to Tauranga on Friday.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa
    Let me know how that goes, I might need to do the same.

The fairing is pretty easy to remove, there are no real tricks to it. The screws you can see, there are a couple of different sizes so keep track of where they came from. From memory, there is also one inside the fairing that connects to a internal piece of plastic that I think directs airflow. This is not a screw but one of those push in clips.

You actually have to remove the left hand fairing to top up the radiator.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_akl View Post
    You actually have to remove the left hand fairing to top up the radiator.
    I like the really cute sight gauge for radiator coolant.

The clip thingo that clips the two fairing halves together at the bottom looks a bit tricky -- something that requires a bit more precision to undo or to do up than afforded by a set of vice grips and a hammer.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    The clip thingo that clips the two fairing halves together at the bottom looks a bit tricky -- something that requires a bit more precision to undo or to do up than afforded by a set of vice grips and a hammer.
    I just pop it out with a screwdriver, you just push it back into place with your thumb. Too Easy.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo_akl View Post
    Too Easy.
    Mr Suzuki thinks of many things. The gearbox is starting to bed in nicely. No complaints on that score. Not a false neutral in sight so far.

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    Radguard is a good choice. I bought one for the Triple. Makes a much better picture of the awful 2 piece Triumph put on (covers both oil and water coolers in one sturdy but light guard):
    Last edited by Jantar; 21st July 2012 at 16:28. Reason: Oversize embedded image removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Nice bike, Hitcher.

Any particular reason you didn't look at the 1050 Triumph range? Or did you, and simply not mention it?

If you sampled and decided against, I'd be interested to know why?
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully View Post
    Any particular reason you didn't look at the 1050 Triumph range? Or did you, and simply not mention it?

If you sampled and decided against, I'd be interested to know why?
    The GSX1250FA is way better value for a starter. The included Givi hard luggage was hard to go past. Suzuki parts are largely ubiquitous and competent service people easy to find. After market accessories for the Suzuki are many and varied, again at reasonable prices. I understand that Triumph New Zealand Ltd does a better job with Triumphs than it does with Aprilias but I have no idea why that should be so. To hear me say that people would think that I may be bitter and scarred. Regrettably, exposure to petulant childish venality does that to me.

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    I understand that Triumph New Zealand Ltd does a better job with Triumphs than it does with Aprilias but I have no idea why that should be so.
    Whoops. Forgot who did Triumph in NZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    Agreed. Triumph parts are ridiculously priced for what they are. Back to your regular Suzuki programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Niggles? Instrumentation mainly. Suzuki has built this new integrated unit with an analogue tach and digital everything else. It’s clean and easy to read. But you can’t have the clock and odometer up at the same time. Nor a trip meter and clock or trip meter and odometer. That omission could be helped by having a “mode” button on the lefthand grip somewhere. And there’s no ambient air temperature – I really miss that. It’s nice though to have a fuel gauge once again (the Shiver hasn’t got one of those).
    I gather Triumph made a similar "fault" for want of a better word on the new Sprint GT. I am going to ride one today and see how it fares.

The pain and cramping I get in my hips is getting more commonplace as time progresses. As such I am now contemplating looking for something more ergonomic and practical.

The Suzuki appears on paper to be quite a good bike. It will be interesting to compare the two if I can find one like yours to test ride as well.

Bike
    None any more
    New Suzuki now has GPS and a tank protector fitted.

Bike
    2008 GSF1250 Bandit
    ......I would have expected to see loads of choices for a GSX12FAL0 or its GSF1250SL0 ABS sibling. So far Google has not been my friend....
    Try www.holeshot.com and look for Galfer braided lines. The ABS models have a different line set to the standard model and they aren't cheap. I assume the GSX is the same as the GSF, but it would pay to check

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by kewwig View Post
    Try www.holeshot.com and look for Galfer braided lines. The ABS models have a different line set to the standard model and they aren't cheap. I assume the GSX is the same as the GSF, but it would pay to check
    Nice spotting, thanks. That price isn't too bad. Presumably those bits will meet New Zealand's requisite compliance standards?

Thread Information