Thread: 1/8th Mile Street Drags

Bike
    Raleigh 20

1/8th Mile Street Drags

Thinking about entering an event being held nearby, 1/8th mile drag races on a closed public road. Have raced the 1/4's a couple of times on a bike (heaps more in a cage) but being that this isn't a race track and is half the distance I was wondering if theres anything to take into consideration or if anyone has done it before and has any tips to share. Bike is an R1.

Cheers

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Street race huh? Probably need a license for that one.

Bike
    Raleigh 20
    Closed road, so no. Rego/Wof/Tech Inspection on day.
    I have mine back BTW

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    If your only doing 1/8 your pretty fucked as the R1 only claws back in 3rd-4th hitting the peak (usually down other end of 1/4).
    I would be definitely forgetting about the clutch except for dropping into 1st.
    Also you want to hit the red in every gear - otherwise your exup wont be doing shit.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Raced 1/8 mile closed rd a few times in Wanganui through the eigthies. (Heads Rd).
    Its fun, and all sorts turn out. We had transam's racing T-Buckets, Truck units facing each other off etc.
    Don't take it too seriously and you'll have a ball
    (Watching a cab over Kenny take on a 18 speed Acco was way cool)

Bike
    '93 Sportster Custom
    Blog Entries
    Just raced the 1/8th mile in queenstown, but was in a 500hp gtr. There was a couple of bikes, a turbo harley night train (i think) which was pretty quick, no traction tho!

Its dam good fun, all about the launching and its over before you know it. My best time was a 7.38 which won it, and put a lil grudge with a v8 into the dust lol.

Heeeeeeeaps of fun especially if you have done the quarter heaps.
    When the flag drops, the bullshit stops.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinon View Post
    Just raced the 1/8th mile in queenstown, but was in a 500hp gtr. There was a couple of bikes, a turbo harley night train (i think) which was pretty quick, no traction tho!

Its dam good fun, all about the launching and its over before you know it. My best time was a 7.38 which won it, and put a lil grudge with a v8 into the dust lol.

Heeeeeeeaps of fun especially if you have done the quarter heaps.
    Nice! What's the spec's of your GTR?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    If your only doing 1/8 your pretty fucked as the R1 only claws back in 3rd-4th hitting the peak (usually down other end of 1/4).
    I would be definitely forgetting about the clutch except for dropping into 1st.
    Also you want to hit the red in every gear - otherwise your exup wont be doing shit.
    sprockets baby sprockets
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Best of 7.002 on a GSXR1100L at Bell Block.
    Tips:
    1 or 2 tooth smaller on the front will allow you to get the back wheel further back in the swingarm and make for better launches without major mods.
    Leave on the last light before the green as reactions take care of the delay.
    Sit as far forward as poss on the line with as little load on your feet as possible.
    Try short shifting to 2nd if you can to limit front wheel lift and get a quicker smoother shift.
    Drop the rear tyre pressure about 10psi.
    Run about 5 litres in the tank (I found 50-50 mix of 91-95 best).
    Drop your front forks in the tripple clamps.
    Changing oil from synthetic to semi or 4t changes the clutch feel for a better launch.

Best of luck & have fun
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    '93 Sportster Custom
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Nice! What's the spec's of your GTR?
    It wasn't mine But full HKS engine HKS 2530 turbos real stealth looking beast with black 18's, nice and quiet you wouldnt know it packs 550hp at the wheels, shoulda seen the looks of the old guys at the start, wouldnt even geeze till i was launchin it at 5600, then they started talkin to me haha
    When the flag drops, the bullshit stops.

johin83 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rotaholicfc3s View Post
    Thinking about entering an event being held nearby, 1/8th mile drag races on a closed public road. Have raced the 1/4's a couple of times on a bike (heaps more in a cage) but being that this isn't a race track and is half the distance I was wondering if theres anything to take into consideration or if anyone has done it before and has any tips to share. Bike is an R1.

Cheers
    I know whats theam in your mind. but I think its a Dangerous for life...

dog diet

Thread Information