Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement on ACC funded $2m scheme

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Yep wonderful,lets rid NZ of any roads with bends in em.Cheers.
    Urgh. You bloody well know that's not what I meant.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Yep wonderful,lets rid NZ of any roads with bends in em.Cheers.
    Not as though a TL goes around corners anyway
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by fossil View Post
    How about corners with one apex not 3 or 4?
    No doubt theres a motorcycle built today to handle corners with 3/4 or more,fuck me theres bikes built today with any label or intended use any mere mortal could even dream about,jesus someone moaning about the roads is a new slant congrats.Chuck all the money you like in any direction you like it wont make motorcycling and statistics change one iota,as motorcycles get lighter/faster blah blah blah combined with the fact that for many its no longer a passion but more a fashion/image statement things will only get worse re the cost of it to the country.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Not as though a TL goes around corners anyway
    Depends what magazines you bought in the day.Decidedly unfashionable these days though,kept me alive for a decade or so.money well spent i say.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Urgh. You bloody well know that's not what I meant.
    Yea mate i do (couldnt help the sarc).This whole ACC things got me fucked,both the people enforcing it and to be honest in many cases the reasoning of those opposing it.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    If a few riders left their egos at home, it would drastically improve the statistics.
    Wouldn't cost 2 million bucks, either
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    It was on the good
    We make submissions to the MSF. The MSF ..........
    I know what the MSL is, what/who is the MSF ?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    I know what the MSL is, what/who is the MSF ?
    A bunch of motorcycles sick of the part they play re the carnage got together to voice there opinion,aptly calling themselves "motorcycles suffer fools".

Bike
    It was on the good
    Oh well, just in case it wasn't a typo I will keep my rant to myself.........

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    I saw a flyer at the bike shop today advertising a motorcycle handling/safety training course at Manfeild track 30th January(no,not a glorified trackday)Hosted by Karel Pavich I think and the first of four such training days.

I just had a quick look as I was off to work but I think it mentioned things like one on one training in basic skills,handling,braking etc.Suitable for learners/beginners/returners etc.
    ACC was mentioned but whether subsidised by or held in conjunction I can't be sure.

I'll have a better squizz at it tomorrow and find out more info.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    I saw a flyer at the bike shop today advertising a motorcycle handling/safety training course at Manfeild track 30th January(no,not a glorified trackday)Hosted by Karel Pavich I think and the first of four such training days.

I just had a quick look as I was off to work but I think it mentioned things like one on one training in basic skills,handling,braking etc.Suitable for learners/beginners/returners etc.
    ACC was mentioned but whether subsidised by or held in conjunction I can't be sure.

I'll have a better squizz at it tomorrow and find out more info.
    there is not a single person on this site that would not benefit in one way or another from attending one of these days

(unless they don't actually ride a bike)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    WRB's are only responsible for one motorcycling fatality in this country that I'm aware of. That, and that in order to actually to hit one, a rider must already be in the shit -and that shit won't be as a result of the WRB being there. Root cause and all that.

I hate WRB's too, but I'd rather my money was spent, among other things, to educate truck drivers and roading contractors that leaving diesel and gravel all over the roads is unacceptable, and towards enforcing the laws surrounding that.

Teaching drivers to move their heads slightly to look over their shoulders before changing lanes wouldn't go amiss either.
    Don't really think these things are going to help too much. WRB's have to be hit in the first place to have any effect on ones looks.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    It has been said before. NONE of those people you mention represent me. I am not a member of ANY of their organisations. How then do I have any say whatsoever in how my money is spent. I DONT!

BTW I am quite well educated thank you very much.
    I sorta agree with this in some small way, but it doesn't have to be like that. As has been said, it is very dependent on the effort you want to put in as to what you will achieve out of it.

And so begins the rot from the uneducated. Allow me to add some sanity to the mix:

There's a number of other names there who deserve mention:

Paul Searancke, Deputy Chairperson (Commissioner: Recreation/Leisure of Motorcycling New Zealand)
    Peter McIntosh (President Ulysses Club of NZ Inc)
    Yvonne Forrest (Representative of Women's International Motorcycle Association)
    Bill Grice (former Chairman of the Motor Industry Association Motorcycle Division)
    Brent Hutchison (President of Wellington branch of Bikers Rights Organisation of NZ)
    Jess Corbett (Representative of Scoot NZ and the NZ Classic Scooter Club)

You have a representative from MNZ, a representative from Ulysses, a representative from WIMA, a representative from the Motor Industry, a representative from BRONZ, and a representative from the Scroters.

Led by a person who has an enviable record in New Zealand business and with quite a bit of economic nous too - and who's done some pretty cool biking.

The MSF will work through the government's GETZ tendering programme - which means it's totally transparent.

We all have access to StoneY here on KB - and as a friend of mine I know how committed he is to ensuring motorcyclists are put first. Say what you like about Peter Mac but there's no arguing the organisation he represents represent a large proportion of motorcyclists.

I'm just stoked that Mike Noon wasn't allowed on the committee. I wouldn't have been happy about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    If a few riders left their egos at home, it would drastically improve the statistics.
    Wouldn't cost 2 million bucks, either
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    there is not a single person on this site that would not benefit in one way or another from attending one of these days

(unless they don't actually ride a bike)
    I don't actually know too many of these people but then i don't really know too many politicians either and i'm very accepting of the consequences of their actions. One may have to trust them somewhat and hope they can achieve some results that are reflective of my thoughts and needs.

Bottom line for me is, it's my life and it's up to me as an individual to take care of myself and my fellow road users. ei: try not top endanger both them and myself.
    Not all subscribe to this theory i feel.
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Noire
    http://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/n...tive-announced

Just had this slide into my inbox yesterday.

Well done to the group and best of luck love or hate the idea, it's far better there's a say - than none at all.

It's about having and utilising the ability to present submissions or alternative ideas to a welcome and open ear - Motorcycling orientated.

If you don't take this chance and have your say - then obviously people are going to speak or make decisions on your behalf..

Most submissions I've been involved in have only had at most, a few thousand at a time, this is how little kiwi's care to be involved in what's around them, until it's too late.

This group has easy access to media, data, funding, useful resources and contacts to actually get things done, rather than whinging, or - you could stay with the way things are currently
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Achievement is not always success while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
    Orison Swett Marden

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Oh well, just in case it wasn't a typo I will keep my rant to myself.........

Yeah sorry dude. Typo - Should be MSL, not MSF. My bad.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    Yeah sorry dude. Typo - Should be MSL, not MSF. My bad.
    Morning Riffer,

Do you know, have you heard if individuals on the MSL group will be paid or receive any financial gain from the fund or Govt? If so how much, or is their involvement purely voluntarily out of love for the cause?

Thread Information