Bike
    dr650
    Double post, see post below
    Last edited by cromagnon; 27th January 2011 at 20:27. Reason: Double post

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjah View Post
    Sounds good to me.

I just went for a ride out to thompson's road. ....
    Assuming you mean you went in to the Waimak at Thompsons Rd. We sometimes go in at Weedons Ross Rd which is one back toward town from Thompsons. Sometimes go in at the Intake, but can't say I've ever gone in at Thompsons. Gone across it a lot though.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    dr650
    I guess you mean the south waimak river single track (edit: just saw post). There are some newish looking single track down there which is really fun through the trees and 4wds cant get in there so no huge ruts. Went from inlet rd to macleans rd just before xmas, lots of fun. Could be up for a ride on sunday, bike dependent.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by cromagnon View Post
    .... Could be up for a ride on sunday, bike dependent.
    Your absence was noticed down south
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    I'd say Challenge 9:00am for 9:30 start (gas=handy). I'm in, I think, esp if the weather plays ball.
    We can have a Blue 'Alp alumni meeting if ThePom shows up. And then an XT bash plate viewing later on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Just thinking... going toward Little River for a start I guess 9am meeting at either the Halswell shopping centre carpark near the Super Liquor just past the Nicholls Rd intersection or maybe a bit further down at the Challenge fuel station Halswell, just past the pool/Aquatic Centre?
    Depart at 9:30am?

Any better or other bright ideas?

Not totally sure I will make it but might try talk J into jumping on back again.
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    oooh ..hard but fair.....good job I have no screen to smash...ouch!

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Bastard! The worst of it is, I tried to get the sharp pointy bit off it and fooked it completely. The screen would, I fear, be less brittle if cast in ice.
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    dr650
    Your absence was noticed down south
    Yup gutted to have missed it , made a nooooooob mechanical oversight which took me too long to figure out. All good now though, well so far....

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    You leave me wondering what it was.
    Asking for help is not a bad thing but by Friday morning it would have been too late as we were off through the Orari by then.
    See you Sunday hopefully. If you want me to cast an eye over your issue let me know, then we'll consult someone who really knows what's what if needed.

Bike
    dr650
    You leave me wondering what it was.
    Asking for help is not a bad thing but by Friday morning it would have been too late as we were off through the Orari by then.
    See you Sunday hopefully. If you want me to cast an eye over your issue let me know, then we'll consult someone who really knows what's what if needed.
    Didnt start putting the bike together until thursday due to needing a cylinder head bolt from suzuki (mistake 1) and put the bike back together but it wouldnt start . Thought i had found the problem (cam chain timing one notch out, mistake 2) so thought it would be fine by friday but wasnt. However I had (mistake 3) slighty dislodged the exhaust shims when taking things apart which meant the exhaust valves where always slightly open and had very low compression so wouldnt start. I Я noob

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Ahh, I see, or actually I don't see, or glad I didn't see. I start to get lost once engine gets opened up... but yea, want to have it running the weekend before and stop touching stuff then. I also had some last minute tweaks I discovered I needed but stopped short of ripping out the front sprocket shaft oil seal in case I couldn't get a new one back on in time.
    It will be back next year and there are plenty of storeys appearing now and some video to come.

Suppose we should let the thread get back on topic.

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa twin
    I'd say Challenge 9:00am for 9:30 start
    So challenge at 9 it is then!

Google tells me the addressisn 345 Halswell Road. Does that sound right?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Yep, sounds right.
    and that's Sunday.

Bike
    2016 Honda Africa twin
    Sweet.

Sunday is still looking good weather wise.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Lets hope that wind dies off for the morning, going to be a PITA up on the tops tomorrow otherwise.
    See you there regardless.

Thread Information