Thread: Classic/Vintage bike registration?

Bike
    1965,Royal Enfield Bullet

Classic/Vintage bike registration?

Hi, no doubt this has been asked before, but I am about to re-register my 1965, royal Enfield Bullet that I imported a year ago.
    Registration is a wacking great $414.64 for 12 months.
    In the UK I would register this bike as a Classic Bike with greatly reduced costs, does NZ have this system or anything like it?
    thanks, Peter

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Vintage registration starts at 40 years old and for a full size bike is $115 a year.
    Not sure if recent imports fall into this group. Best check the VTNZ website. Also I am aware that bikes imported after (I think) 1980 have to have indicators fitted even if they were manucactured without them.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    1966 Triumph TR6
    Talk to the local branch of the VMCC. They require some documentation and a little cash but will give you a dating certificate. This allows you the classic registration and means you are still exempt from having indicators etc. I had to go through this process with my 66 Trumpet when i shipped it from the UK. Only thing i didnt like was that you have to surrender your V5!

All the best
    Roy

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    what they said.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    If you have proof of registration from overseas that should be sufficient evidence of year of manufacture. The cheaper rego rate is applied based on age, not when the bike was registered here, I got it on my '56 scooter when I re-registered it a couple of years ago.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    1966 Triumph TR6
    Without a cert of authenticity from the VMCC the bike will have to be vinned as a new import. This means retro fitting indicators,reflectors,mirrors,front brake lamp switch and so forth. The cert is easy enough to get (for a stock bike) it requires some pictures and a few details and makes life much easier.

Roy

Thread Information