Thread: NZSBK Round 1 at Timaru with Street Stock rider Alex Bowers

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Talking NZSBK Round 1 at Timaru with Street Stock rider Alex Bowers

PRACTICE on the 29th January 2011

I went out and took it easy as quaifiying was up later on in the day. I checked over my race lines and what the track was like as the cars had raced there the weekend before and left oil and rubber on the track. I did a 1:26:686 and was 14th fastest.

QUAIFIYING on the 29th January 2011

I left the pits and went out on track and checked over my lines once more and then got a few good clear laps in, Well that was the plan. Heres what really happend, I went out mid pack but it was still quite bunched up so i backed off the pace and settled in to the laps and by then everyone else had to. I got two clear laps and quaifiyed 6th fastest with a 1:22:054

RACE ONE on the 29th January 2011

I got an awesome start which put me right behind Seth Devereux #8 in to turn one but by the time we were coming up to the hairpin Devereux ran wide and i went straight underneath him. I then shot in behind a little three man battle which Stephen Winteringham #27 was leading, he was followed by Phillip Mair #87 and Dallen Wallis #25. I sat in behind them as they were fighting it out to bite some time. As the race was coming to an end i decided to make a move on them but as they all pounced back straight away i had no choice but to finish 6th on track and 3rd in the juniors, with a best lap of 1:21.037

RACE TWO on the 30th January 2011

I got another great start and tucked right in behind Phillip Mair #87 who was also tucked in behind Dallen Wallis #25 who didnt have the pace Mair and i did. But as he was so hard to pass we had no choice but to stay behind him. By about lap three i sliped passed Mair and tried to do the same to Wallis but i just couldnt find anywhere to get passed. As the last lap came around Wallis and myself had put a small gap on Mair but as we came off the straight we came across a back marker which Wallis and I couldnt get pass very quick. Mair came up fast and went fanging pass the back marker me and wallis, I also got pass Wallis but by then Mair had a wee gap over me and i couldnt catch him before the line. I came 5th on track and 2nd in the juniors with a 1:21:026

RACE THREE on the 30th January 2011

I got a cracker of a start and was right up in to 4th at turn one and also tucked in behind Devereux coming on to the back straight. I then used the slip stream trick and slip up in to 1st position coming off the straight, as we went around John Jones Corner the red flag was out and we were all back to the pit for another 20 minutes. There had been a big crash at turn three involving Dallen Wallis #25, Scout Fletcher #46 and Max Woodruffe #11. Max was shipped off to Timaru Hosipial, I hope you recover quick and are back racing with us agian max, you were going really well on the weekend before the crashed and your lap times very good for your first weekend at Levels.

RESTART OF RACE THREE on the 30th January 2011

My start wasnt as good as it was before the restart but i was still up in the top 5 on to the back straight. I was in a nice battle with Phillip Mair #87, Matthew Hoogenboezem #9, Stephen Winteringham #27 and Seth Devereux #8. At one point i was right up in to second place but we were changing spots every corner. Mair and i had a really good battle closer to the end as it was a photo finish to the line which gave Phillip 3rd on track and 2nd in the juniors by 0.020. Which gave me 4th on track and 3rd in the juniors. My personal best lap over the weekend was 1:20:459 and was also 3rd fastest on track in race three.

Allan Ramage Memorial Race

RACE ONE: 4TH

RACE TWO: 3RD

RACE THREE: 5TH

OVER ALL: 4TH

I would like to thank all my sonsers Bowers Builders, New Zealand Pocketbike Imports, Sportz Fotoz, Advanced Digital Design, Whyteline and especially Peter Jones from Christchurch for all the help and support you guys have given me, because with out you guys i wouldnt be here today, THANKS!!!
    //ALEX//

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Cracker lad
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    A fast one
    You were looking real good at the weekend mate. Keep up the good work and you will be a consistant podium finisher.
    Well done and good luck for the weekend.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Well done Alex, great results
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information