Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Police say had the rider been wearing...

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike

Police say had the rider been wearing...

..a hi-viz vest, the accident may not have happened".

A motorcyclist was killed by a truck doing a U-turn today. The above quote is what I heard on 3 news.

So essentially, police are justifying the truck drivers murdering of a motorcyclist because said biker wasn't wearing a hi-viz.

I'm FUCKING angry. A guys family are now mourning, and the police are telling us it's his own fault for not wearing a yellow vest.

I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.

Fuck you NZ police.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    So essentially, police are justifying the truck drivers murdering of a motorcyclist because said biker wasn't wearing a hi-viz.
    Nice effort at twisting the story Jimmy.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    I guess at face value it's an inflammatory thing to say, but the reality is that the spoken words are not without some reason. Of course the rider could have been wearing any number of items to make himself seen and still been "invisible" to anyone not with their mind on their driving.

Hear where you're coming from, and you have a point but the fact that the results were so tragic makes any statement from the police highly unlikely to go down well (unless they crucified the truckie).
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    mods will prob merge this with bergs thread

considering what he does for a crust, it's an interesting opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    FUCK YOU. Steve is it?

What planet do you live on? The bike has a head light, and any glance in a mirror will see that well before a fuckin hi vis vest.

You are a DICK in my opinion because you are in fact ANTI motorcyclist, as none of us measure up to your perfect standard.

You're bloody lucky ya didn't say that to my face, because given how angry I am I doubt very much I could control myself.

The statement made on the news puts fault on the rider, it is a FUCKIN WEAK thing to say!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    but the fact that the results were so tragic makes any statement from the police highly unlikely to go down well (unless they crucified the truckie).
    Ummmm, the dude disobeyed BASIC road rules, and killed another motorist. What the fuck more do we need to to crusify him? Granted, the truck driver's now in a hell I can't begin to comprehend. But for police to issue a statement, within 6 hours of someone dying, that basically fingers the dead person for not wearing a piece of clothing, and therefore being responsible for their own death is unforgiveable. If Hi-Viz vests were part of the requirements to riding on the road, no poblem. If a car driver not wearing a seatbelt when they should have, no problem. But to say the rider might have survived had he been wearing a piece of clothing that's not a requirement is bullshit.

You got your hi-viz on Steve? Bet you look real cool wearing it on the Katana. Actually, you'd do well to reflectorize the whole front of the thing. Better paint it razzle orange as well man.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    You got your hi-viz on Steve? Bet you look real cool wearing it on the Katana. Actually, you'd do well to reflectorize the whole front of the thing. Better paint it razzle orange as well man.

I don't need a hi-viz.

I ride with my eyes open.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Offensive bling you gutless prick? Don't wanna man up and take that shit public?

Despite you thinking I'm a hazard on the road, and my sick sense of humour in perpetuating it. I am very fuckin passionate about motorcycling and mostly all who similarly see it as a way of life.

Life being the key word in that sentence!

It is deplorable for what was said to be broadcast on the news, and sheds a very fuckin bad light without giving any actual details.

Cocksucker am I? Wouldn't go near your wrinkled useless member even if I fuckin was cunt!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    I don't need a hi-viz.

Sweet as mate. I hope your eyes are open enough that your periferal vision spots the parked truck you're alongside U-turning over you.

C'mon man, sometimes, just SOMETIMES, the biker isn't at fault.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Sweet as mate. I hope your eyes are open enough that your periferal vision spots the parked truck you're alongside U-turning over you.
    Vehicles don't pull u-turns without giving some clues as to their intention.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I think it's well past time you pulled your head in, arsehole.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    Really? What all the time? How many times have you seen a car, truck etc pull out onto the road without signalling their intentions? You're a cock.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    I don't need a hi-viz.

Didnt watch the news but Jesus K bit harsh eh.I Had a 21 year old cousin who rode a wee GN250 whilst in the Airforce up in Blenheim,she to rode with her eyes open until some old geezer cleaned her up on a straight bit of road by simply turning directly into her,last time i saw her was in Wellington hospital brain dead,never had a chance.I often read your posts and see the big picture but sometimes mate shit happens thats just wrong.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    For a start, vehicles can't do u-turns without their front wheels pointing out to the right.

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    For a start, vehicles can't do u-turns without their front wheels pointing out to the right.
    How do you know what's going on directly in front of you if your eyes are tuned to the left, watching every fucken parked vehicle on the side of the road?

Thread Information