Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACC fees: 3 months vs 6 months vs 12 months?

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

ACC fees: 3 months vs 6 months vs 12 months?

Am I right in thinking that if I pay my rego in 3 months installments it will cost me an extra $24 odd for the year. Thats what I am doing

Motorcycle 3mths 6mths 12mths
    Petrol driven - – 0- 60cc incl 106.61 205.44 403.14
    Petrol driven - 61-600cc incl 109.47 211.19 414.64
    Petrol driven - 601cc and over 138.00 268.24 528.75

I was discussing this with a MAG person the other night and we wondered what the extra admin costs for LTSA would be if every biker did this???

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Whenever ACC are mentioned on this site there always seems to be a greater number of 'guests' viewing that thread then actual members.

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Am I right in thinking that if I pay my rego in 3 months installments it will cost me an extra $24 odd for the year. Thats what I am doing
    That sounds about right.

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Does anyone remember what we were paying before the robbing buggers shafted us? just wondering if I put the rego on hold for three months, would I have mitigated the increase. It wouldn't be to hard a decision during Taranaki's monsoon season. I'd love to recoup a bit of the 'stolen money' especially as I have to pay twice (two bikes) .

I have yet to figure out how I can ride both bikes together to justify the Governments double dipping.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Am I right in thinking that if I pay my rego in 3 months installments it will cost me an extra $24 odd for the year....
    I was discussing this with a MAG person the other night and we wondered what the extra admin costs for LTSA would be if every biker did this???
    I'm guessing about $24.

But don't fool yourself - who do you think pays for the costs of ACC? NZ tax payers.

So causing additional cost to ACC means you are causing additional cost to yourself.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by martybabe View Post
    I have yet to figure out how I can ride both bikes together to justify the Governments double dipping.
    +1 on that. They seem to want to follow Victoria's educating bikers strategy but not there minimum $30 odd dollars for second bike rego

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Yea the bike rego ends up costing about the same as a car per year with a 3 month gap, so June through to August = No riding for me... (Legally)

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Whenever ACC are mentioned on this site there always seems to be a greater number of 'guests' viewing that thread then actual members.
    looking for ideas maybe
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    2009, Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Wow what a great idea. Hook up both bikes together, welded with some pipe and a seat in the middle. Attach a steering column in the centre that hooks up to the throttles on both bikes and both handlebars.

Same with gears and what not.

Would be utterly complicated to get it to all work smoothly together, especially if the 2 bikes are different. But what kind of monster machine would that be, especially if you had 2 litre bikes either side of you.

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Wow what a great idea. Hook up both bikes together, welded with some pipe and a seat in the middle. Attach a steering column in the centre that hooks up to the throttles on both bikes and both handlebars.

Same with gears and what not.

Would be utterly complicated to get it to all work smoothly together, especially if the 2 bikes are different. But what kind of monster machine would that be, especially if you had 2 litre bikes either side of you.
    wouldn't that make a car, as in four wheels and a seat in the middle, mind you cheaper rego, but not as much fun.

Bike
    my little pony
    There seems to be an idea in much of the ACC threads that multiple transactions on rego will overload the system or cause increase costs to ACC.
    The only extra cost is the time for the person at the postshop or agency who probably gets a percentage anyway, hence the extra admin fee for less than annual relicence.
    The multiple transactions via GL will be picked up via reference number in a pivot table and reconciled by one journal per month. It does not matter whether there is one (or none) transaction or 3 million, it is the same effort.
    At the end of the day the only time that is wasted is your own.

Bike
    Triple Delight

Motorcycle 3mths 6mths 12mths
    Petrol driven - – 0- 60cc incl 106.61 205.44 403.14
    Petrol driven - 61-600cc incl 109.47 211.19 414.64
    Petrol driven - 601cc and over 138.00 268.24 528.75

Man you guys are naughty
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    BMWR1100RS,
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse1 View Post
    +1 on that. They seem to want to follow Victoria's educating bikers strategy but not there minimum $30 odd dollars for second bike rego
    There's a point, Having two bikes means I'm paying two lots of $30 for the msl thing too doesn't it ?.... Cool, they must be looking into martybabe's safety twice as hard as your average joe's.

That plus the increased levy for riding two large capacity bikes with less power than a 600rrrrr, By crikey, how can that be seen as anything but government condoned robbery! Thanks Mr Key, pop round for a coffee and a fat lip anytime your passing.
    Oh bugger

Bike
    Triumph
    Blog Entries
    There's a point, Having two bikes means I'm paying two lots of $30 for the msl thing too doesn't it ?.... Cool, they must be looking into martybabe's safety twice as hard as your average joe's.

That plus the increased levy for riding two large capacity bikes with less power than a 600rrrrr, By crikey, how can that be seen as anything but government condoned robbery! Thanks Mr Key, pop round for a coffee and a fat lip anytime your passing.
    Feck.......yknow I had missed that completely...
    Yes, MSL will now get the extra $30 from every other bike we own.
    I call RORT!
    Am totally opposed to the whole co opted, MSL group and the "better to be on the inside" rhetoric (no evidence that the statement is true), but that just about tops the lot.
    Jeez, how many more times we gonna be ripped off, by how many more people?

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
    Jeez, how many more times we gonna be ripped off, by how many more people?
    Stop counting.....it may lead to depression

Thread Information