Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's next campaign! (all's quiet on the ACC front!)

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by martybabe View Post
    I hope someone can point you in the direction of the legitimate statistics so you can see what we've all been fighting for and hopefully come on board.
    Supplied with Dr Lambs email in private

I will try find the pdf compressed presentation version from his May 15 presentation of the real analysis by him and his team of PHD's (real ones not like Candor's fictional list)
    Just ride.

Bike
    Trip and Fanta
    Great thanks for that! Meanwhile I have lots of reading to do of all the threads in the ACC levy campaign section on KB.

Bike
    1990 GSX-R250

How many vehicles do you have registed?

Now have my Poll How many vehicles do you have registed?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...les-do-you-own

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lone_slayer View Post
    Now have my Poll How many vehicles do you have registed?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...les-do-you-own
    Good work...join BRONZ dude we need workers who follow through

Just ride.

Bike
    vulcanNomad
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Please explain how the existing system is fairer.
    Personally I'd like to see some more balance in the system and a multi faceted collection method, part registration and part fuel, this would then somewhat balance the user pays system, the person running their car for instance only 5000kms won't end up paying as much as the person doing 50,000kms, bike rego would still be greater than cars but then at least as has been stated the off roaders come into the mix, but the more the issue is forced and ACC adapts to the more user pays principle - levies on sport etc the closer and easier it becomes for a rouge government to sell ACC.
    Before you all jump up and down and say selling it is a good idea, think about Smiths recent comments on the elective surgery issue, at present ACC win 65 - 70% of the claims against it taken through to appeal, the poor bastards that have a doctor tell them one thing and then find that to actually get their rightful compensation or operation they have to endure a court case places a hell of a lot of pressure on the claimant, Smith is happy with this scenario and won't order an investigation into ACC's practises until such time as they start losing 50% of their court battles, is this any way to have to have your supposed rights sorted out under the act, why don't we just go back to suing everyone.
    Don't judge me based upon your ignorance.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by phill-k View Post
    Personally I'd like to see some more balance in the system and a multi faceted collection method, part registration and part fuel, this would then somewhat balance the user pays system, the person running their car for instance only 5000kms won't end up paying as much as the person doing 50,000kms, bike rego would still be greater than cars but then at least as has been stated the off roaders come into the mix, but the more the issue is forced and ACC adapts to the more user pays principle - levies on sport etc the closer and easier it becomes for a rouge government to sell ACC.
    Before you all jump up and down and say selling it is a good idea, think about Smiths recent comments on the elective surgery issue, at present ACC win 65 - 70% of the claims against it taken through to appeal, the poor bastards that have a doctor tell them one thing and then find that to actually get their rightful compensation or operation they have to endure a court case places a hell of a lot of pressure on the claimant, Smith is happy with this scenario and won't order an investigation into ACC's practises until such time as they start losing 50% of their court battles, is this any way to have to have your supposed rights sorted out under the act, why don't we just go back to suing everyone.
    Please explain how this would be different to how the system is now ...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    vulcanNomad
    I'm not in a position at present to work out the exact numbers but obviously if the total levy for this part of ACC is 10 and at present 6 is collected via rego and 4 via fuel, we still need to collect the 10 thus if the fuel levy was increased and we collected 7 then obviously we would still need the three from the rego and this would still be proportioned across the risk, but taking into account such things as hybrid vehicles ect. Bikes would still pay proportional more but everyone would see a reduction in the fixed cost and thus the fuel side of it would capture more users.

However as I stated previously this would need to be equitable so that it didn't increase the cost above and beyond what is fair to say heavy transport operators.

Obviously working the numbers would be difficult but it could be done to create the same level of levy but spreading the cost more equitably around those users such as boaties, off roaders ect.
    Don't judge me based upon your ignorance.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by phill-k View Post
    I'm not in a position at present to work out the exact numbers ...
    I don't mean to sound condescending, but some of us did just that some time ago.
    Currently, the levy on petrol is 9.9c/l. There is none on diesel.
    Using the average kms, on an average vehicle - if I remember right - the amount extra on fuel would be 7.7c/l. That would be sufficient to drop the levy on petrol driven vehicle regos altogether. Then add off-roaders, boaties and all petrol driven tools...*
    I'd suggest rounding the total up to 20c/l on petrol and adding 10c/l to diesel at the pump.
    Sorted.

* ACC could be accused of double-dipping on the wage account for leisure injuries, though.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Broken record on the turn table, s s s s s s s s s s s s s single levy... You can get injured anywhere at any time to any degree, tis the luck of the draw...

We pay for fuel from our wages, we pay for our rego from our wages, we pay levy on our wages, why not get ACC to do some calculations based on what the total bill for last year was (which is all it boils down to anyway , oh and remember the profit they made too)... wonder what an extra 1.5 cents per $100 would cover... t'would keep admin costs down too.
    Last edited by mashman; 16th February 2011 at 21:50. Reason: added profit
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Its not about being fair , its all about money

Acc isnt broke we all know that , a tax on fuel is fair , we all now that ,,, but ya can sell to investors , if they cant own it , no you need short term gains , to make the balance sheet look good

So you run it as a business model, ( last time checked business was there to make a profit , oh and do what ever is needed to make that profit )

If life was fair Milk would be ... affordable ( in NZ of all places )

Nope this isn't about what is right and fair , this is all about a few people making money

and time people took control of NZ ,,,,by ,,, doing ,,, SOMETHING ,

Hell even I have correspondence with NZ politicians and I don even live there

Stephen

PS the opposition haven't said boo on a few interesting issues

Coal , under a nice forest , dig it up sell it, oh who needs coal ...the Chinese ..and please have half of the company as well ..

Dairy ...

Acc, haven't seen anything from the left on this

and blackball ( south island ) has been sold to a Swedish developer )

no I made that last one up .....
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Two wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Good work...join BRONZ dude we need workers who follow through

Always a danger after a curry

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    Its not about being fair , its all about money
    sorry... i keep forgetting that ... do you think that ACC would consider trying to work towards the Woodhouse principles again (or at least an up to date version)?

Bike
    Not without a change (again) in the legislation...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    ... and/or a change in the board again ... I would dearly love a crack at making ACC work again... it ain't like anyone would complain about it

Bike
    07 GIXXER 75OOOHHHH
    Remember the people when at ACC leaflet handouts who said "don't own a bike,no worries for me"when we tried to explain increases in levies for bikes meant most levies would rise?Well looking on trade me last night I flicked to the community notice board saw this thread WHEW! MASSIVE ACC INCREASES IN CAR REGISTRATION,people whinging about increases in ACC levies,very tempted to say WE TOLD YA,nobody listened.
    Hello officer put it on my tab

Don't steal the government hates competition.

Thread Information