Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's next campaign! (all's quiet on the ACC front!)

Bike
    Sold

Who's next campaign! (all's quiet on the ACC front!)

Who's next campaign? Looks like Nick has won hands down!

Just got my notice for renewal of registration for my little old Toyota Townace truck!
    Licence fee$43.50
    ACC Levy $467.08
    Other Levies $1.64
    Administration $6.72
    GST $77.84
    Total $596.78

Plus my bike, car and trailer it's getting to be like I can't afford to stay alive!

The combined taxes for just living are killing me and I can't afford to fucking well die either!

Bikers made a spirited stand to begin with but that just seems to have fizzled out now!

Every time there is a change of government it seems to cost me an arm and a leg and they are all as bad as each other!

Off to bed while I can still afford to sleep! (I think!) Rant over for now!

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    whatcha gonna do about it

buggerin off is a good option

not paying them is also an idea,

joining a group that has a single unified voice , is another

a bicycle

Stephen

( I buggered off, all good here !...but it would be nice to build a house and retire in NZ , but not if I cant afford to live there )
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Hodor
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post

Just got my notice for renewal of registration for my little old Toyota Townace truck!
    Licence fee$43.50
    ACC Levy $467.08
    Other Levies $1.64
    Administration $6.72
    GST $77.84
    Total $596.78

Plus my bike, car and trailer it's getting to be like I can't afford to stay alive!

The combined taxes for just living are killing me and I can't afford to fucking well die either!

Bikers made a spirited stand to begin with but that just seems to have fizzled out now!

Every time there is a change of government it seems to cost me an arm and a leg and they are all as bad as each other!

Fookin you were one of the biggest "lets get rid of Hellen" advocates on this site brings to mind the saying "careful what you wish for"

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Was chatting with the Labour ACC spokesperson yesterday as he happens to be my MP anyway, and a good bloke.
    He came on our 'Who's Next' rides last in October 09 on my Ducati and had a ball

He agrees this is not a cool situation.
    To a man all the Red's I have spoken with agree this is a rort............ but hey they're gonna say what I wanna hear aint they?

Food for thought.... if a govt was to change this and make the entire levy on fuel alone, based on the fuel type - eg diesel, petrol, avgas, whatever.... how would that sit with us and the wider community?

If petrol became say 2.08 PL and the ACC levy vanished from our registration, how would that balance?
    I'm shit at math.
    Just ride.

Bike
    Suzuki Marauder VZ800
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
    Food for thought.... if a govt was to change this and make the entire levy on fuel alone, based on the fuel type - eg diesel, petrol, avgas, whatever.... how would that sit with us and the wider community?

If petrol became say 2.08 PL and the ACC levy vanished from our registration, how would that balance?
    I'm shit at math.
    I think it might have to go up a bit more than that - and the risk is that petrol will get more expensive anyway - but my 2c is the punters would probably prefer it. Would have to be total removal of the ACC levy though, otherwise everyone knows both will just creep up over time.
    Redefining slow since 2006...

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    I'm shit at math.
    For me on my bike...........about $60 per annum.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Was chatting with the Labour ACC spokesperson yesterday as he happens to be my MP anyway, and a good bloke.
    He came on our 'Who's Next' rides last in October 09 on my Ducati and had a ball

He agrees this is not a cool situation.
    To a man all the Red's I have spoken with agree this is a rort............ but hey they're gonna say what I wanna hear aint they?

I'm shit at math.
    @50 litres per week over TWO (or 3 or 4...) vehicles with an 8c rise over one year equals $208

@80 litres pw over a year its $332.80

I'll take it!
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    1990 GSX-R250
    I think I would rather pay a couple more cents on my petrol and get rid of rego all together there is no need to rego a vehicle other than to say hey this is mine and pay shit loads of money I think the goverment would do a lot better having it as part of fuel costs that way theres no way avoiding it, you have to pay but your paying for what you use

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by lone_slayer View Post
    there is no need to rego a vehicle other than to say hey this is mine
    It doesn't even do that. The rego only says "hey the tax has been payed for this vehicle". It is not a proof of ownership.

Bike
    1990 GSX-R250
    Well that makes it worse why the hell do we bother with this it makes no sense its just another thing you gotta go pay which would be easier for everyone if it was pay at pump the more you drive/ride the more you pay. also means your acc levy is covered by all vehicles offroad farm etc

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Fookin you were one of the biggest "lets get rid of Hellen" advocates on this site brings to mind the saying "careful what you wish for"
    Yes, because it was Helen and her cronies tinkering with ACC that gave this nutter Smith the opportunity to lie his way through to change it.

Otherwise criticism accepted!

Bike
    '74 MV Augusta I wish
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post

Licence fee$43.50
    ACC Levy $467.08
    Other Levies $1.64
    Administration $6.72
    GST $77.84
    Total $596.78

My personal view is we now need to think differently - smarter and target better. Much has been learnt in the recent notomob and notobikeparkingtax movements - google them and check their forums. There are numerous international bike protest websites - the best is the French one Angry Bikers (but in French) I was in London last year and saw demos in action. I think our demo was significant but now we need to move on, a week is a long time in politics - Through fb/twitter and so forth every individual can make a contribution no matter how small. The situtation here is no longer just NZ it's international and not just bikesl, thats very significant in influencing those who are meant to represent us.

Information and inteliigence is all. There is an election comming up.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Put it all on fuel? One of the many ideas that were thrown about back when bikers collectively were angry.
    Agree it makes perfect sense - let those who use fuel, pay. No regos ticking down to zero while a vehicle sits idle. Very few would bother putting rego on hold - it's only about $50pa without the ACC - so govt admn would benefit too.
    The but is that no user group could be targetted/manipulated by bullshit risk-rating. TPTB wouldn't like that...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    . TPTB wouldn't like that...
    If it upsets TPTB then it's got to be good for the rest of us.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    I for one would be very pleased if Labour were intending to scrap the ACC Levy portion of registration and instead place extra levies on fuel.

It just seems more equitable to me. This covers offroad vehicles, chainsaws, weed-eaters, lawnmowers, stationary engines (these can result in injuries and ACC claims), and also ensures that those who do more mileage will chip in more.

Of course, it could be claimed it's not entirely equitable as those with less fuel-efficient vehicles will subsidise those with more fuel-efficient I think it's a fair trade-off.

I think a phone call to my local MP is in order too, given that he's the same MP as you StoneY.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Thread Information