Thread: 2011 NZSBK Round 2, with Streetstock rider Alex Bowers

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

2011 NZSBK Round 2, with Streetstock rider Alex Bowers

PRACTICE on the 5th Feb 2011

I went out and made sure my race lines were algood and that i was happy with the bike, the bike had been playing up abit and still was. We couldnt find what the problem was, so we just kept riding it but only when we had to (so we wouldnt make it get to bad for race) I was 12th fastest with a lap of 1:20.774

QUALIFYING on the 5th Feb 2011

Now the condision on track were still good so i went and double checked everything and then tried to do some flying laps while the bike was still losing power in top gear, so i jst had to try a bit harder in the corners. I qualifyed 9th fastest with a lap of 1:19.035

RACE 1 on the 5th Feb 2011

I got out of the pits and on to the track and the bike didnt quite feel right but i thought i"d give it ago. When a started to get closer to the grid I was getting pumped and ready to race. As i got to the grid the bike was losing heaps of power the really fast so decided to pull off the track and not start as it could turn bad if it doesnt take off.

RACE 2 on the 6th Feb 2011

We looked over the bike after race 1 and changed the fuel fillter and spark plug i seemed to have its power back. The weather was playing a big part in this race as it was pissing down. I got to the grid and the bike was algood this time. I bad start as the front wheel came up off the ground and i lost abit of power but some how i sayed it and passed Matthew Hoogenboezem #9 in to the first corner which put me into 5th place coming to turn two. I tucked in behind Seth Devereux #8 and he pulled me along. Coming on to the straight on lap three Seth Devereux had a bid moment and passed him and Phillip Mair #87 as well down the straight, Seth then passed me back a turn 1. We then cought up to Zayne Agate #81. Seth got passed him quite fast and didnt. Seth had pulled away now but that didnt matter as hes is in a different race and me and Zayne were battling for 1st in our class, not that it was much of a battle. I just sat behind him and found his weak points as he was really fast down thr straight. On the second to last lap i passed him around the out side over the hair pin. He then got me down the straight again but i got him under brakes at turn 1 and then i new i had to get good drive out of the last corner to beat him. Coming to the last corner and it was win or lose, I got good drive and put my head down and hoping i had done enough. I beat Zayne Agate #81 by 1.2 seconds and won my first race ever!!!!!!! My fastest lap time was 1:30.014 in the wet.

RACE 3 was Caned because of the weather

I would like to thank all my sonsers Bowers Builders, New Zealand Pocketbike Imports, Sportz Fotoz, Advanced Digital Design, Whyteline and especially Peter Jones from Christchurch for all the help and support you guys have given me, because with out you guys i wouldnt be here today, THANKS!!! and I would like to thank the Mair family also for helping us out with my bike and letting us say at there house over the weekend, Thank you
    //ALEX//

Bike
    BSA A10
    congratulations on your first race win Alex, you'll be hoping for more wet races
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Thanks mate, yeah i guess but its not as fun in the wet. Im now starting to get good results in the dry as i got second at the third round of the NZSBK last weekend

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bowers View Post
    Thanks mate, yeah i guess but its not as fun in the wet. Im now starting to get good results in the dry as i got second at the third round of the NZSBK last weekend
    Yip,Showing some excellent form there young fella(except that 1 race when you got tired and had a lay down at the poona eh!).Roll on Hampton downs and the Prolite debut.

Thread Information