Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun in the sun! Paeroa Battle of the Streets

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries

Fun in the sun! Paeroa Battle of the Streets

Paeroa was one of the reasons that I started racing. I told my wife that I wanted to do Paeroa (and maybe Wanganui) and that was the justification for doing other race meetings (rules say you have to do at least 3 track events to be eligable for the Streets).

Because of the tight time constraints with a Street Race, sign-in and scrutineering for Paeroa are on the Saturday so that Sunday morning it's straight into the riding as early as possible.

I was a bit nervous about scrutineering. I know they're a hell of a lot stricter than any club meeting. Seeing as I'd never been through such a strict one before I had no idea what to expect and was fully prepared to be told that I couldn't compete unless I did blah blah whatever. So I wasn't at all surprised when ....

Click to continue
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    It's very challenging eh but heaps of fun too !!
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I really enjoyed it mate. Next time though, I want to be on something that's more competitive.

EDIT shit I think these things are getting longer the more I write them
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    good read - pics / what number were you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Haven't seen any pics yet mate. I know my brother took a few good ones but getting hold of them is the trouble.

Formula 3, #43 (all white fairings)

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Nope sorry no pics of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I'm not surprised mate. I spent both races at the wrong end of the field.

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Great stuff ! It was bloody hot eh ?
    Good write up as usual
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    Good detail Shane.

Sorry about that overtake, there was enough room for me to shave through. Didn't realise it rattled you that much.

Got some good footage of you in the onboard camera, and Bike Rider TV are very keen to get their hands on it

Bike
    2007 ZX6R Racebike
    Another great read Shane ! I'm not sure what is worse... unable to get First gear or unable to get Neutral like on mine. Hopefully Gav will have sorted it this weekend.

Also you would have thought someone would have sorted the total loss/battery situation by now Probably best bet is to have 2 fully charged batteries, 1 for each race or stick the generator back in !!

Hopefully we'll see your negotiating skills get you to the final AMCC rounds in a couple of weeks

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec View Post
    Sorry about that overtake, there was enough room for me to shave through. Didn't realise it rattled you that much.
    No worries bro. As I wrote, I was a bit pissed off because of the start line problem so I wasn't paying enough attention to those around me. I already knew the fast guys had caught up to me (blue flags in the esses) so I really shouldn't have been surprised to find a bike right where you were.

I'm annoyed at myself for that, not at you!! You did nothing wrong eh.

Quote Originally Posted by vtec View Post
    Got some good footage of you in the onboard camera, and Bike Rider TV are very keen to get their hands on it
    Wicked. Although you did spend lots of time pissing around with the camera on the dummy grid haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBoy View Post
    Another great read Shane ! I'm not sure what is worse... unable to get First gear or unable to get Neutral like on mine. Hopefully Gav will have sorted it this weekend.

Also you would have thought someone would have sorted the total loss/battery situation by now Probably best bet is to have 2 fully charged batteries, 1 for each race or stick the generator back in !!
    Putting the alternator back in isn't an option. I'd need to source one and then create new wiring for it as the old stuff got chopped off by previous owners.

As for 2 batteries, I've got that sorted. Just didn't realize that suddenly this one will no longer last 5 short sessions. I usually get more than 2 hours total (6x 20 minute sessions at Hampton Downs) out of that battery but suddenly it's down to less than 50%, just cos it almost ran flat once.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBoy View Post
    Hopefully we'll see your negotiating skills get you to the final AMCC rounds in a couple of weeks
    Won't be there mate. My wife has banned me from riding at Puke because I've already broken bones and trashed a bike there and I'm not going to argue with her on that one. Gotta give a little somewhere in a negotiation eh.

Bike
    97-CBR1100xx-VTRSP2-CBR600

Ha good stuff mate

I also found it a pleasure being my first.(it so rocked)
    Same again always said i was going to do Paeroa and now thats done
    LPG Bombs aye wondered what that was lol.
    Was good to see ya out there
    Steel and Bullets
    <! !>

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Was good to see you Steve. Paul Taylor was very thankful for the loan of the cordless drill too. He also took my advice and lined up on the left side at scrutineering for the recheck instead of the right side so he'd get the good scrutineer (although I told him not to bother with the drill and lock wire just go back to the scrutineer on the left a bit later and see if he ignores it like the first one should've)

Bike
    TF125
    Jeesus Mr Pants, you could be a novelist with that write up!.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Jeesus Mr Pants, you could be a novelist with that write up!.
    You seem to be implying that I've only done one like that when, in fact, I'm a serial offender

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/bl...la-3-%28-43%29

At least it's something to do on my recovery day (I don't work Mondays) while I'm too sore and knackered to move

Thread Information