Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 1,666 to 1,673 of 1673

Thread: Christchurch earthquakes

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by shrub View Post
    we have decided that it's time to pack our bags and move. I have very mixed feelings about leaving Christchurch and there's a sense of abandoning ship,
    abandonship my arse, shit man ya owe chch sfa... all the best from me with ya move get up there and enjoy
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Getting the fuck out of the red zone tomorrow.

Now that I've finished pushing shit uphill with a pointy stick to buy a house, and even though I haven't sorted selling the one in the red zone yet, I've got time to feel for the poor bastards in the green/blue zone who are still waiting for answers and can't do anything.

In some ways red zoning sucks, in other ways it makes life a shitload easier.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Getting the fuck out of the red zone tomorrow.

Now that I've finished pushing shit uphill with a pointy stick to buy a house, and even though I haven't sorted selling the one in the red zone yet, I've got time to feel for the poor bastards in the green/blue zone who are still waiting for answers and can't do anything.

In some ways red zoning sucks, in other ways it makes life a shitload easier.
    Tis been a rough road you guys
    All the best for the move & the new abode....

& yeah blue (TC3) sucks.....big time,13mths on & I have no idea if can rebuild on my land or not....
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by helenoftroy View Post
    yeah blue (TC3) sucks.....big time,13mths on & I have no idea if can rebuild on my land or not....
    Yep, have a flat that's on TC3 land, the guy from EQC that was around the other day was making not very encouraging noises about the subsidence and liquefaction. Thankfully it's still rentable, cos I can't see it getting fixed any time soon.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Still waiting for EQC land assessment....yeah our category is the too hard basket.....might know sumthing in 5 years do you reckon?....

still got tenants in mine too-paying a pittance but hey!as you know its well f.....! & I am truly thankful I don't live in it anymore !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    We are on Green/Blue but fortunately we have no fixing requiring doing anything in the ground (except the driveway but that's not going to be a problem).
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    07 kx250f
    Is it strange that i MOVED to christchurch?
    for work obviously.
    I feel sorry for those who don't have insurance, met one guy the other day, sad story

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Its funny , we had a 6.8 the other night , epi centre not far from me , phones screaming their heads off
    I was in a fairly modern building, and didnt fee a thing

Tell you one thing for sure though , they say we will have a big one , soon , I was chatting with a self defence ranking officer , the other day , he was telling me about the plans if the big one hits tokyo ,,,,

not buildings you need to worry about , fire is the thing they were training for ..... yuk I hate fire and as for my wee house , its light and modern and is surprisingly bendy ,,,

One thing for sure these after shocks are getting "old news " the gloss has definatly gone ,,,,,

I will be over in chch next week , be an experience thats for sure ,,,,,

stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Thread Information