Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are our Christchurch Adv friends?

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    very sobering indeed. dunno what to do here in Nelson, but if I can help I will somehow.

keep safe guys.
    looks like we may be having some kids coming up & staying while the schools are out. You can provide entertainment for them.

Seriously tho a journalist mate is going down tomm to take pics & we're loading him up with water containers & food etc.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    looks like we may be having some kids coming up & staying while the schools are out. You can provide entertainment for them.

Seriously tho a journalist mate is going down tomm to take pics & we're loading him up with water containers & food etc.
    What time is he leaving? I have no water containers but could drop some stuff up later tonight or leave some stuff somewhere in richmond that he can pick up on the way through tomorrow.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    What time is he leaving? I have no water containers but could drop some stuff up later tonight or leave some stuff somewhere in richmond that he can pick up on the way through tomorrow.
    I think his car will be pretty loaded down already. Thanks for the offer tho.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    [QUOTE=cooneyr;1129994900] Unfortunately no petrol for the bike and sounds like most garages empty

I just fill up at Challenge in Halswell, they are out of 95 but have plenty of 91 and open till 10pm tonight. Hope the aftershocks calm down a bt tonight so wer can get some sleep.

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    Still not had a response from Crim, who knows, he may not even have received my Text or may have more important stuff going on.
    I've had a response from Crim now, both him and the family are ok though it sounds like their house has suffered some damage.

Eddie
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    800XC
    Thanks for all the concern guys much appreciated - learnt a few things;
    1. don't whatever you do, be in a lift when they hit - not much fun! was in the lift at work just me and a sack barrow, got stuck but used the sack barrow to pry the doors open - got found after 1/2 hour or so and they managed to get the outside door, between floors - jumped through the little gap and all good !!!
    2. on a motorbike you can get through gridlock very fast if you are trying to get to your kids cos you know your wife is on the other side of town (apologies to anyone who's garden I went through on the way home and thanks to those kids for jumping off the footpath in time)
    bit of damage out our way gonna be a long time till power and water I reckon and I reckon we'll be on porta loos for a while, took the chance to send the kids away on hoilday - 7 year old is hating it, 5 year old is loving it and 2 year old is wondering WTF
    All the best to anyone - if anyone needs ought just yell and I can try and help (or may know someone who knows someone)

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    I think his car will be pretty loaded down already. Thanks for the offer tho.
    No worries
    Just went to 2 supermarkets here in Richmond and the water shelves are basically empty. I got some anyway so will put it in the stair cupboard just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    I've had a response from Crim now, both him and the family are ok though it sounds like their house has suffered some damage.

Eddie
    pleased to hear Crim and his Whanau are ok.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Gladtohear you're ok Crim.

I think it may be like WWII when they sent all the kids out of London to the country during the bombing.

Bike
    '01 Honda Transalp '99 Honda CBR 600
    Glad to hear all you others are OK, D & I are fine (just got power back) and I have heard from TimG and HOT (and Casualty by association). Thanks for all the kind thoughts from out-of-towners, too.
    Nobody knows what human life is, why we come, why we go,
    so why then do I know, I will see you in far off places?
    Stephen Patrick Morrissey

Bike
    non at the moment

greetings

Please could somone please let me have a safe way to send a monetry donation to help elevate some of the pain been inflicted on the people of christ church Who made us so welcome when we were there only 3 weeks ago Regards and Respect Tomas

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    Took up a load of LPG, petrol, drinking water & dunny paper to friends in north eastern suburbs & St Martins today. Bloody hell, much worse than last time. As well as no water or sewerage connections, the worst hit areas still have no power, which meant those people are also missing the TV coverage of what's happening in the CBD. And then there's the after-shocks.....

Saw quite a few guys getting around the streets on (non rego) trail bikes though, which made perfect sense considering the road damage. Traffic was using the footpaths in one area.

Didn't hang around after making my deliveries - there were enough rubber-neckers already. Nor did I take any pics - it just didn't seem appropiate when there's an air of despair.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    My offer of helping out still stands. Managed to get gas for the EXC today, checked my work construction site (all good) and my neighbourhood is under control (taken down two chimneys and added further props in a roof). Feel a bit useless sitting around and too many people in the student army already (turned people away today)

PM or 021 2988 206.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasmac View Post
    Please could somone please let me have a safe way to send a monetry donation
    Look at the websites of any New Zealand bank, BNZ, ANZ..... as they all have donation accounts.
    I know there is little we can do from up here but if there is, please ask, otherwise our thoughts are with you all.

Iain

Bike
    2007 DR650
    Collection points for money (only-I think) at Wellington rail station today,
    Also - If you can get any clothes, blankets, non-perishable food stuffs to Wellington City mission they would appreciate as they are homing displaced people.
    Local collections at Kapiti College main entrance to hall, and same a Paraparaumu college before 9.30 am today.
    Short notice, but it seems like all we can do up here at the moment.

Our thoughts are with you.

Bike
    2010 GasGas EC300
    Anyone heard from Linton at DAS ? (He is not an 'internet' sort of guy)
    I know many of us will have been regular customers.

Thread Information