Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How are our Christchurch Adv friends?

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    The Team at 'Rural RPM' are alright
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Dent View Post
    Anyone heard from Linton at DAS ? (He is not an 'internet' sort of guy)
    I know many of us will have been regular customers.
    Linton and wife are safe, DAS is still standing, some stuff inside ended up on the ground but they have started cleaning up from what I hear.
    That is info passed on from Phil Parish who is also safe n well.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2010 GasGas EC300
    Thanks for that Transalper.
    Good to hear.
    Rob (a regular at DAS)

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    I was helping tidy up some damage in Saxon St today & the DAS building looked OK from the outside.

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    My house was red stickered yesterday avo,had to vacate asap Im now at Retroqueens

house significantly damaged,liquifaction++++ & 5 out of 6 bikes down

My insurance company has been amazing & builders come in tomorrow to commence extensive emergency repairs which I am very much hoping will mean I can move home again till the final fate of my house is known......

No sewer,phone/internet or h2o but I am incredibly lucky to have power

Im a nurse -its like triage/emergency response in a third world country at work
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    dr650
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    My offer of helping out still stands. Managed to get gas for the EXC today, checked my work construction site (all good) and my neighbourhood is under control (taken down two chimneys and added further props in a roof). Feel a bit useless sitting around and too many people in the student army already (turned people away today)

PM or 021 2988 206.

Cheers R
    Just got back in chch after a few days away. Ready and willing to help out where needed. I have nothing to do for weeks (uni closed until march 14th at earliest).

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Cynna, Kenny ??
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    the mighty SUPER SHERPA
    Quote Originally Posted by helenoftroy View Post
    My house was red stickered yesterday avo,had to vacate asap Im now at Retroqueens

house significantly damaged,liquifaction++++ & 5 out of 6 bikes down

My insurance company has been amazing & builders come in tomorrow to commence extensive emergency repairs which I am very much hoping will mean I can move home again till the final fate of my house is known......

No sewer,phone/internet or h2o but I am incredibly lucky to have power

Im a nurse -its like triage/emergency response in a third world country at work
    Hang on in there Helen,it can,t be easy,but I,m shure you will.
    Your the sort of person that makes us proud to be N.Z,rs.
    House buggered,-------but still working/helping others.

Were your bikes damaged at all?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Cynna, Kenny ??
    Both their KB logins have been used recently so assuming they are alive at least.

Got my power back on now so using my own internet again yay... I was doing ok but that is quite a morale booster for me.
    Got no water yet but a hose with a tap on in the street round the corner feeding from an artisan well so am lucky it's close at hand.
    Got me a port-a-potty today too... various models available, I bought a small tanked midrange one..$160 plus $15 bottle of chemical for the tank.
    Supposed to be a second bottle of chemical for the flush but they were out of that so just using the one chemical for both for now.
    Still got to dig a hole to bury it when the tank is full but this is a much nicer way to handle it and will make Van camping nicer too.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Both their KB logins have been used recently so assuming they are alive at least.

Got my power back on now so using my own internet again yay... I was doing ok but that is quite a morale booster for me.
    Got no water yet but a hose with a tap on in the street round the corner feeding from an artisan well so am lucky it's close at hand.
    Got me a port-a-potty today too... various models available, I bought a small tanked midrange one..$160 plus $15 bottle of chemical for the tank.
    Supposed to be a second bottle of chemical for the flush but they were out of that so just using the one chemical for both for now.
    Still got to dig a hole to bury it when the tank is full but this is a much nicer way to handle it and will make Van camping nicer too.
    Good luck mate....Good luck to all. I wanted to come down, I have commitments here training, the boss understands as we have offices in CHCH, but what can I do? Most of my ex colleagues are there and every time I see the news it makes me itchy for wanting to help...
    I hope and try to understand whatever decision is made as to recovery/rescue is made with enough thought, and judging by the experience down there, we are all in capeable hands.
    I will be watching closely.

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Back at work today........The XR is the best form of transport.......the Dusty Butt all over again, just dont have to leave town!!!

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    Me and cynna doing fine,no power or water yet , I,m in ashburton for the day so I can use bro in laws computer.
    Like camping but without the tent,cheers to crim for checking on me,will hang on here in aranui as helping neighbours out and paraplegic down the road and have sorted 300 hundred litres of water out from airnewzealand so all is good. Maybe power will come on this weekend......or not.People say they have forgotten the eastern susburbs but there is so much damage they can,t do everyone.

Bike
    800XC

Thumbs up Normality returning - reality sinking in (bugger it all)

I have taken the shovel of the bike this morning and did a half days office work for mates, started looking for work as I will get the axe (EQ me work) got a meeting tomorrow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3070011.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	233867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3070012.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	233868

Good news is that I won't have to carry gallons of water on the bike anymore and the shovel didn't stuff my coffee cup and cup good to go again

Thread Information