Thread: Needing help with computer issues

Bike
    Just bought an Aprilia SR125
    Blog Entries

Needing help with computer issues

Hi, if there's anyone out there that could help would be much appreciated. My brother has just recently brought a new laptop (bout a month ago)... well, he stupidly downloaded Bearshare when specifically told not to... since then all ive had from him is "my computer isnt working right" and its starting to really piss me off.

ive taken it to a family computer technician and we spent half a day trying to get rid of the damn program. success looked iminent and all has been working well for two weeks until now. his laptop is now coming up with hundreds of error messages when turned on and at the front of the messages it relates to bearshare even though me and the technician went through everything to get rid of the damn thing.

it does seem to have this program "csrss.exe" on it at the moment and i looked it up on google and it relates to a trojan worm so im wondering if that has anything to do with it, but google also warns that "csrss.exe" has something to do with windows system 32 and it says does not delete if thats the case.

my brother has windows 7 on his laptop and is running the latest avg virus protection and also has a superanti spyware program on it aswell. i keep running that and it keeps finding trojan viruses.

its driving me nuts and i dont really want to drive all the way down to papakura again to get the damn thing fixed so was wondering if there is anyone out there that could suggest something.

cheers,

ange

Bike
    SF
    If the computer tech couldn't sort u out, I'd say back up your documents and music etc and then do a clean install of Win 7. Download Microsoft Security Essentials and be smarter with downloading stuff

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    If the computer tech couldn't sort u out, I'd say back up your documents and music etc and then do a clean install of Win 7. Download Microsoft Security Essentials and be smarter with downloading stuff
    +1 seriously
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    reinstall
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Suzuki Marauder VZ800
    Wot they said.
    Redefining slow since 2006...

Bike
    Your mom
    Format the HD and install Ubuntu on it.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Few programs to try;

Spybot Search and Destroy
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

There are few other apps as well that will rid any Malware that is installed that you can look into as well http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/se...fwantispy.html

once cleaned... be wise wahen browsing and carefull what you download and open

Thread Information