Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip South last weekend.

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650

Part five, Tuesday 1st march, The ride home.

As I was late back Marks, and BMWRSNUT had sorted out a bit of route as far as Lake Rotoroa via the Maruia Saddle road and Braeburn track, with a stop at Murchison for a coffee.

Breakfast in Reefton before heading off

Friendly and inquisitive bird life at the top of the Maruia saddle.

Rest stop on the Maruia saddle

After travelling up the Gowan Valley road from Rotoroa we had an unscheduled stop where it meets SH6 as Marks managed to get stung on the face by a Wasp, or Bee. This was second one of the trip as I got stung on the face during my trip through the Rainbow on the first Day.

We Turned right and headed towards Nelson turning off onto the Tadmore-Glenhope road, and then through the Sherry river road before heading for Nelson and a stop in Richmond for Lunch. As it was looking quite wet in the hills we decided not to do the Maungatapu but to head to Picton via the Wangamoa’s and Queen charlotte drive, the road was wet most of the way.

The ferry left on time as usual, only about an hour late, and arrived in Wellington at about the time there was Minor earthquake .

I headed home along the old Hutt road, only to find access to SH2 blocked at the bottom of the Ngauranga gorge, so it was back into Wellington and onto the Motorway that way. Finally getting home about 10.45, and into bed to get up at 6.00am and head off to work

End of Sherry river road

Waiting for Ferry in picton

Sunset as we leave Tory Channel.

A couple of happy but tired men.
    Paul’s Adventure riding Photo’s

Latest photo's

Paved Roads are just another example of Wasted Taxpayer Dollars

Bike
    2004 VTR1000 & KXF250 trailer trash
    Yeah good stuff Paul...
    Learn basic maintenance as motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking in

Thread Information