Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The death of the cheesecutter story

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Not in any semblance of good time they don't, not on that stretch of road, they've very effectively cut off any alternative lanes or shoulders. If you fuck up along there you'll be waiting a very long time for the ambulance.
    They tend to come in from the opposite direction to the side the crash is on. Going North the have also either used the foot path or forced the traffic on to it. Either way its just another reason the tools should be held close to site, not in Wellington. I suspect they could move a concrete block barrier in less time than dropping the WRB.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    So the argument against WRB is that if you come off your bike and hit it your a goner. 100% chance of getting cut in half because thats what happened in 100% of biker vs WRB accidents.

And the concrete barrier would be safer because its a solid object that will only break your bones, although still probably kill you, but at least you will be in one piece (probably thanks to your leathers holding it all in).

Im missing the part where hitting solid objects at speed is safe.

How about we all agree to not crash?

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    So the argument against WRB is that if you come off your bike and hit it your a goner. 100% chance of getting cut in half because thats what happened in 100% of biker vs WRB accidents.

And the concrete barrier would be safer because its a solid object that will only break your bones, although still probably kill you, but at least you will be in one piece (probably thanks to your leathers holding it all in).

The road is a solid object isn't it? Perhaps its the angle at which you hit it that is confusing you.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    The road is a solid object isn't it? Perhaps its the angle at which you hit it that is confusing you.
    And that is it. Angle.
    With a WRB, the angle of strike is ALWAYS 90 degrees, no matter what the angle of approach is...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post

See that bloke in your avatar brushing the concrete wall? Go try it on a cheesecutter. Post up your results.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    See that bloke in your avatar brushing the concrete wall? Go try it on a cheesecutter. Post up your results.
    Ok will be back soon just booked tickets to Macau. Hope they have the WRB in place by the time i get there.

Bike
    Others have said it before but...
    If that shit is so good, so safe, and cheap too, why isn't it used at race tracks? Instead of the much more dangerous smooth concrete walls?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Others have said it before but...
    If that shit is so good, so safe, and cheap too, why isn't it used at race tracks? Instead of the much more dangerous smooth concrete walls?
    Why don't car drivers have to wear helmets when driving on the roads and streets, after all they're used on race-tracks...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400 SMK5 with knobblies
    Don't need 3000 words....

Motorcyclists need to stop thinking the road is a race track, and stop treating every ride like it was a race. And as for dirty overtaking tactics...they need to stop that too.

Fucken wanker.
    All you Nana-nazis need to HTFU. . . . and spell correctly . . .. . . the word is " fuckin' " . . . It comes as no surprise that you know how to spell the other word :-)

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    5 pages...I don't think the cheese cutter issue is dead and buried yet.....
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    They have never worried me to be fair. don't ride to hit them usually.
    I figure my chances are slimmer going round a blind bend without knowing whats ahead of me.
    1 death due to WRB as opposed to how many hit trees and animals etc.
    I'll just continue on taking due caution and see how i go.
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    I'll just continue on taking due caution ...
    As we should at all times. But...
    What happens if/when it goes wrong on a right-hander (oil on the road, say) and there's a WRB right where you need a little run-off?

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    As we should at all times. But...
    What happens if/when it goes wrong on a right-hander (oil on the road, say) and there's a WRB right where you need a little run-off?
    Just like the tree or the aminal or the cow cockies large concrete post....i hit it and maybe i could die.....and maybe not.
    I try and be carefull about that sort of thing really but i know the risks are gonna be there no matter what i do.
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Yes, 'you' could hit a tree. Or something. Wouldn't you rather take your chances with objects/gaps - instead of no gap at all? And Transit make a point of removing trees etc that are close to the road edge too. Not so with WRB.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    And the silly prick driving needs a kick in the nads for 'nodding off'....with no barrier where would he be?
    It was the good old days when Royhipnol (Rolies) was in abundance .

Thread Information