Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The death of the cheesecutter story

Bike
    2018 Triump Street Triple 765 rs
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Yes, 'you' could hit a tree. Or something. Wouldn't you rather take your chances with objects/gaps - instead of no gap at all? And Transit make a point of removing trees etc that are close to the road edge too. Not so with WRB.
    Can't say that i have seen WRB round a bend. Only places i've seen it are on straight motorways. Could be wrong on that one but that's the only places i've seen it.
    Certainly not enough of them to make me worry too much really. I'm more concerned about oncoming cars to be fair.
    Trumpydom!

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubber View Post
    Can't say that i have seen WRB round a bend. Only places i've seen it are on straight motorways. Could be wrong on that one but that's the only places i've seen it.
    Certainly not enough of them to make me worry too much really. I'm more concerned about oncoming cars to be fair.
    could depend on your definition of bend. Come down this way and we can show you a nice curvy piece of road that was a joy to ride at 100k which now has a WRB flanked by rumble strips down the middle and an 80k limit.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    could depend on your definition of bend. Come down this way and we can show you a nice curvy piece of road that was a joy to ride at 100k which now has a WRB flanked by rumble strips down the middle and an 80k limit.
    Ah, the 'perk' of living in a high-population part of the country...

Oh, the nearest WRB to me is 80km from here...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Ah, the 'perk' of living in a high-population part of the country...

Oh, the nearest WRB to me is 80km from here...
    arghhhhh there is no real reply to that . Come play with the cages, got to go miles before you can get some clear road which hasn't been crafted for morons and still they're killing us.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    You need to get out more...
    Oh - and how much of it would be enough to make you worried?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Can't say that i have seen WRB round a bend. Only places i've seen it are on straight motorways.
    Come ride through the Dome valley then. Stupid things are even where there's nothing really to hit on the outside of bends.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Come ride through the Dome valley then. Stupid things are even where there's nothing really to hit on the outside of bends.
    Outside on right-handers. Down the middle on left-handers. Some places (Rangiriri for instance) it's on both sides of you.

I compiled a list here in another thread. That list is only the places in the North Is that I've personally ridden past. And I forgot the Dome Valley...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Just like the tree or the aminal or the cow cockies large concrete post....i hit it and maybe i could die.....and maybe not.
    I try and be carefull about that sort of thing really but i know the risks are gonna be there no matter what i do.
    You really don't get it do you? It's about minimizing the risks, some things must be there, some don't need to be. A safety device that is more dangerous than another viable option, and sometimes even more dangerous than nothing isn't really that safe is it?
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    Outside on right-handers. Down the middle on left-handers. Some places (Rangiriri for instance) it's on both sides of you.
    In the dome there's patches of it on the OUTSIDE of right handers too...
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Yeah Andy - that's what I said...

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    ....and thats a heavily patroled 80kph bit of road.
    The bit that gets the most attention in the dome is the down hill right hand corner about 1k from the newish passing lane. Only yesterday they were replacing a rather fucked bit of armco. I hope the killer barriers are never installed in that spot.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    I think the wire rope barriers look better than ugly grey concrete too.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    One of the nicest things about them is the view of all that safe runout just there on the other side...
    How many limbs is the price of admittance?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    WRBs/ACC Levies/Stealth Levies/Road Toll etc...lump it all in with the Climate change and Global warming....alot of talk but very little action, thats the way the Government like it.
    Hundreds attended the Cheesecutter protest (whenever that was, cant remember exactly) and thousands attended the Levy protest in 09' ...but then it all went quite, failure to capitalize on the initial big bang spells the end to be honest.
    Once again, thats the way the Government like it.

Several of us were told late last year by an MP that the Pollies were infact gobsmacked at the turnout in Wellington in 09'...jaw-dropped I think was the term used.
    That moment can never be reclaimed.
    Thats the way the Government like it.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    WRBs/ACC Levies/Stealth Levies/Road Toll etc.......alot of talk but very little action, thats the way u-huh u-huh
    the Government like it. yeah.
    Hundreds attended the Cheesecutter protest ..... failure to capitalize on the initial big bang spells the end to be honest....and
    Once again, thats the way u-huh u-huh the Government like it. oh yeah.

Several of us were told late last year by an MP that the Pollies were infact gobsmacked ..............That moment can never be reclaimed. And
    Thats the way u-huh u-huh the Government like it.
    Just wee bit of editing there - you've got a hit on your hands
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Thread Information