Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you registering your bike?

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P

Are you registering your bike?

I would love to know how many people "won't" be registering there bike.

As the fines are only $200 a pop for no rego, Im a little reluctant to "bow" before the system and fork over more money for less cover....so what to do?
    Personally Im thinking I might just pay my rego up to the end of june and then put it on hold....indeffinatly!
    If the number of 600cc+ bikes registered in NZ was to suddenly drop to say 50-60% of previous records...would they review the act? (Thats ALOT of $$ there lossing) -I think so ( I hope so!) and at $200 a pop for the fine...I can get stopped 3-4 times a year before I exceed the yearly rego cost
    So please, drop a post to say if your going to rego your ride....as stated Im just curious

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    696 Ducati
    Blog Entries
    Would you be covered by your Insurance company if you had no rego?

I would happily not pay it, but I also don't like the idea of being stopped ... so not sure!

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Only register mine for 6 months of the year anyway,are there demerits that come with the fine for no rego? if not no doubt there soon will be.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    An old one, some new one's !
    I only reg for 6 months as well !!

Bike
    my little pony
    Mine is on hold for periods when I am not using it. Medical costs in NZ are dirt cheap in real terms and I like the idea of ambos and doctors and others bring me back to good health in times when I may be mashed up on the road, in a coma or what ever, this they do at the drop of a hat no questions asked. It is not all about me. So when I ride, I pay.

Bike
    1980 Suzuki GS1000 and 1983 Suzuki GR650
    I've re register one for another year. I would not be surprised if the revenue gathers have a wee blitz other the next few months.( stop check reg/warrant ) quick way of getting quota.
    Boys can't ride broken toys.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    i think if lots and lots of people dont register their bikes the fine for not registering might go up.Going to cntinue to register mine andsee what happens later in the year and or next year.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    their ........cletus ..........their

Bike
    Anything with trainer wheels
    I will rego, and should i have the misfortune to become a statistic, ill be making sure i get everything out of the system. Yeah its a load of BS, but its not like they care or are going to have a change of heart. We represent an easy means of gathering revenue. Rich enough to ride, rich enough to prop up a corrupt system that lost its purpose and ideals a long time ago. Now the system is so screwed up its easier to shaft the minority than fix it. So no, my protest will be to pay my money and keep riding, no ones forcing me to give up what i enjoy doing or force me to break the law doing it.

Bike
    '87 GSX750SF Katana, 08 Cagiva Raptor
    It will depend on what my insurance company says. If Im covered when its not registered then I'll probably only register it for summer and put it on hold for winter (I ride all year round, but I definitely do more riding in summer. If Im not covered without rego then it will be registered.

My bike will always have a WOF.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by porky View Post
    I will rego, and should i have the misfortune to become a statistic, ill be making sure i get everything out of the system. Yeah its a load of BS, but its not like they care or are going to have a change of heart. We represent an easy means of gathering revenue. Rich enough to ride, rich enough to prop up a corrupt system that lost its purpose and ideals a long time ago. Now the system is so screwed up its easier to shaft the minority than fix it. So no, my protest will be to pay my money and keep riding, no ones forcing me to give up what i enjoy doing or force me to break the law doing it.
    A well thought out and mature response to a rather rediculous question, one of the better posts in recent tmes in my opinion.

I agree with every word and will also be paying.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    I still got a year at the old rate, after that it'll depend on how I use my bike, and where I park it. If it's not likely to get a ticket from wardens, it's not likely to be registered. Dependant on still being covered for insurance though.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I ride heaps, I'll carry on registering because I'm using it... Simple answer is to ride more, then you get better value for money!!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I ride heaps, I'll carry on registering because I'm using it... Simple answer is to ride more, then you get better value for money!!
    Now there is a guy adapting to the change!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Good idea!

Won't work for me, however, as I ride every day anyway. I guess that means that I'm already getting pretty good value for money.

My beef is not whether or not ACC is good value or whether or not I can afford the levy, it's that there is an inequity with cagers and the stated reason just doesn't hold water.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Thread Information