Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stunts or just a hooligan. Lets get organised, and get a place to practice.

Bike
    Black/Green 2011 Daytona 675LE
    Legally as some of us are finding out in Auckland and Hamilton, if the public can walk in or on the area without crossing a chain, gate etc, its considered public access and can be called a public road in the instance of a carpark.
    putting a chain up can help... seriously. Then all you're liable for, assuming there has been no circle burnouts leaving black marks over the deck and road paint or cages chunking the concrete in a fall, is a tresspass notice... so you just move on.

I have a few places in Auckland that I rotate between ever few days.

Also Sue at MotoTT have offered their trackdays at Taupo for use by anyone wanting to try stunting or practice it, using the dragway next to the track. We do it ON the track and we'll be black flagged. But the dragway is an option thats fine.

Someone else associated with MotoTT is also looking at the option of a place in Rotorua. Its not ideal as its a rough road surface and a narrow street width but its better than nothing perhaps. Suggestions have been put forward for hiring a 40ft container and getting and storing a cheap genie and compressor plus tyre changing kit and a pile of hand me down rayon tyres for certain tricks to be practiced at this location.

The Slipway in Wellington is available for use, just be aware of the wire everywhare from the drift cars bagging tyres. Its actually a damn good surface and size if your bikes geared down. Check out RiotSquadFilms on youtube for a sample of it and a gay quick wheelie from me across it.

Another Auckland legal option is Meremere.
    Parental advisory: Your kids may accidentally wake up and realize the bullshit that fills our world.

Bike
    Black/Green 2011 Daytona 675LE
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperhead View Post
    Long term...... every major city has a place for anyone to go and be a hooligan for a couple of hours. Away from the risk of being caught, or risking the safety of the general public.

This can happen
    Not being an anal nazi or anything but first up if you want this to happen is to forget the hooligan thing.

Those that have the power perseve you as that and they slam the door in your face. Proper stunting is slow and in control not balls to the wall 100kph plus (apart from the Longest Stoppie comps), so we should present it as an in control activity like Trials, FMX etc. No ones going to be happy thinking we may blow through a fence or wipe out a few signs and lighting when we bin it. Councils and Business owners will choke on their own vomit before allowing that to happen.

The one way I've gotten away with what I've been doing, even when the ex was also learning and swearing alot, was to be approachable to any security guards around the industrial areas, we talked to them first, we acted semi mature - hard when wearing hoodies, armour and Skateshoes riding tagged up bikes - told them waht we intended doing and showed them we were in control and not just out to rip around like psychos. It paid off when they sat and watched and even had a police patrol not pay much attention to a rolling one footed stoppie past their cruiser (we shit ourselves though waiting for the heat!).
    Parental advisory: Your kids may accidentally wake up and realize the bullshit that fills our world.

Thread Information