Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: South Island Impromptu Adventure Ride: 12, 13, 14 March

Bike
    3 black ones
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsdakar View Post
    I hate to think what a replacement is worth
    theres one on trademe for $280

how did your rebuilt engine go on the trip?

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    theres one on trademe for $280

how did your rebuilt engine go on the trip?
    Yeah saw that on trade me, it's on my watchlist just in case
    Took radiator into A1 today and they quoted $45-$90 so hopefully they can sort it.
    Just need to get a speedo cable, although are toying with the idea of getting a vapour speedo as haven't really got speedo sorted out when in supermoto mode
    Engine felt good, more power than b4 and didn't miss a beat, however it sounds crap sort of like loose tappets, however it can't be that as I even had Phil Parish double check them and are definitely correctly set, more head scratching required!!!
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much room!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends!

Bike
    800XC
    Righto, what sort of time did you blokes do? (thinking of doing Rainbow / Molesworth before winter)
    Left CC at 7am, what time did you leave Hamner? Did you do both Mailings Pass and Edwards Valley and what time did you get to St Arnaud? Can I do Rainbow, Mailings, Edwards Valley and Molesworth in one day (keeping in mind I ride like a nana - but am on a rocket [cough, cough KLR] ship) from quake central?

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    Righto, what sort of time did you blokes do? (thinking of doing Rainbow / Molesworth before winter)
    Left CC at 7am, what time did you leave Hamner? Did you do both Mailings Pass and Edwards Valley and what time did you get to St Arnaud? Can I do Rainbow, Mailings, Edwards Valley and Molesworth in one day (keeping in mind I ride like a nana - but am on a rocket [cough, cough KLR] ship) from quake central?
    In a word, I would say nay, to many km's
    We left The Peg at 07:15...stopped at Hanmer for 15mins and got to St Arnaud around 15:45 after doing Maling and Edwards Valleys.
    Even if you left out the Edwards and Malings I think you would struggle doing the Rainbow and Molesworth in one day ex chch...maybe if you started from Hanmer??? Then again we did do that on the Northern Dusty Butts
    Three or four years ago the Christchurch regulars rode Christchurch to Blenheim and return via Molesworth and it took approx 14hours add another hour for doing Rainbow / Molesworth, wouldn't recommend

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Made it back in one piece, fricken awesome trip

After mattsdakar began nursing his bike home from Springs Junction I took a nosy up Palmer Road, nice ride, then off to Waitahu River Track. This is one heck of a fun track, lots of fast sections, a few challenging bits, gnarly bolder sections, muddy sections, and a great hut at the end, highly recommended

Will throw up some pics tomorrow...

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    BMWRSNUT and myself did Hanmer Molesworth/ Blenheim/ Rainbow,back to Hanmer in a day a few weeks ago without doing malings, or Edwards passes, and from the times on my pics it took about 8.5 hours, although we weren't riding that fast, stopping for plenty of photos etc
    Paul’s Adventure riding Photo’s

Latest photo's

Paved Roads are just another example of Wasted Taxpayer Dollars

Bike
    3 black ones
    check with thepom - he recently something like that in a day and had enough left in him to do the clarence the next day

Bike
    06 VFR800, 03 WR450F
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    BMWRSNUT and myself did Hanmer Molesworth/ Blenheim/ Rainbow,back to Hanmer in a day a few weeks ago without doing malings, or Edwards passes, and from the times on my pics it took about 8.5 hours, although we weren't riding that fast, stopping for plenty of photos etc
    Hmmm I obviously got my travel times mixed up, mind you was ex Christchurch so adds another 90mins each way on

Bike
    DRZ400E

Bike
    1999 klx250r
    pity my bike was not running right

looks like you had a nice ride

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    I did chch to hamner,left at 9 30 in the morning got to Hamner and had a big fry upat the cafe on the right,then headed to Moleswort.
    Tanked up in Blenheim and fast pace -100kmh- to St Arnaud-tanked again.
    Lost half an hour helping a guy who drowned his beemer in the crossing at the beginning of the track and then made a steady pace to Hamner arriving about 7 00in the evening and found some digs and was showered and in the pub by 7 45...

I think a top ride would be chc to Hamner and Edwards amd Malings poasses and home again.....

Bike
    800XC
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    I think a top ride would be chc to Hamner and Edwards amd Malings poasses and home again.....
    I reckon the same, Kenny - was thinking of doing a one dayer - CHCH leaving 6.30am or so doing Molesworth / Rainbow and home and then seperate one dayer CHCH to Hamner, Edwards & Malings and back home - I want to see them thar poasses!

Bike
    91 R80GS
    lovely photos 'dave'. Nice piece of country round there isn't it
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    lovely photos 'dave'. Nice piece of country round there isn't it
    Absolutely spectacular Padmei, hard to pick a favourite track as they were all pretty much, well, spectacular

Thread Information