Thread: Largest helmets for Adventure riding?

Bike
    2000 BMW R1150GS

Largest helmets for Adventure riding?

Following on from Pauljs thread 'Latest Helmets for Adventure Riding'
    The title says it all.
    I have a XXL or 64cm head which does not fit comfortably into many helmets let alone Adventure ones.
    So can any of you with a larger head recommend a good Adventure lid. At present I have a HJC CL12 which is getting a bit old and is to me noisy.

Adrian

Bike
    None any more
    I feel your pain and doubt you'll have much luck. Shoei and HJC are the only manufacturers enlightened enough to make XXXL helmets and I've never seen anything other than bog standard road helmets in those sizes. Shoei's sizing can be a bit of a trick too. For example their flip front offering in what they describe as XXL is only an XL.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    800XC
    I have got one of the world's biggest heads and had all sorts of trouble finding a helmet - unfortunatly I also have one of the world's smallest wallets so that narrowed the field - settled on a FFM Matrix - does what it says on the tin, quite comfortable, really quiet (if you have really really good ear plugs in ) - only comes in black though - DOH!

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim View Post
    I have got one of the world's biggest heads and had all sorts of trouble finding a helmet - unfortunatly I also have one of the world's smallest wallets so that narrowed the field - settled on a FFM Matrix - does what it says on the tin, quite comfortable, really quiet (if you have really really good ear plugs in ) - only comes in black though - DOH!
    Most of the larger size helmets only come in black -- through the New Zealand distributors, that is. HJC can be nagged to do a graphic.

I can't remember having seen FFM helmets for sale, but then I generally don't notice brands I can't buy, Arai, Shark, Nolan, and all of that other crap made for pinheads.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information