Thread: Omarama Saddle & Black Forest?

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL650

Omarama Saddle & Black Forest?

I have read about the Omarama Saddle and Black forest routes in several threads but can't find either on a map. Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Bike
    800XC
    G'day,
    Did both on the Dusty Butt this year - have a look at attached map, both on Day two - Omarama Saddle was south of Omarama - Black Forest started at Lake Benmore - I am sure if you PM Cooneyr he will have the land owner / access details - Omarama Saddle - , lots of creek crossings (make sure you or someone in your party can "undrown" a bike - or you check and are carefull at every crossing) - Black Forest - stunning, easy enough

http://advroutes.org.nz/db1k11m.html
    Last edited by Crim; 16th March 2011 at 19:29. Reason: I'll attach the map

Bike
    DRZ400E
    Omarama Saddle is great fun, lots of fast runs mixed with river crossings, Black Forest is a scenic run through some impressive country, you'll love em both for sure

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Look up Oteake Conservation park on DOC's website for info on Omarama Saddle. Don't listen to the guys about about it re river crossings. I was being a prick and sent them all over the "wet" saddle this year where as there is a "dry" saddle (less crossings) slightly further north.

You need to call Haldon Station re access to Black Forsest and I've give you the number but my note book is still in the Chch CBD cordon (maybe a landfill shortly damn it). Maybe somebody else can help?

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    Yamaha DT230
    BlackForest Station track access & lock code (Benmore gate) is via Ben & Caroline Innes Ph: 03 680 6795. Expect to pay a nominal track maintanence fee.

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    "I was being a prick and sent them all over the "wet" saddle this year where as there is a "dry" saddle (less crossings) slightly further north."

ha ha ha you b*stard....

Bike
    800XC
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    I was being a prick and sent them all over the "wet" saddle this year where as there is a "dry" saddle (less crossings) slightly further north.Cheers R
    - at the time I may not have thanked you for that - in hindsight it was great, thanks heaps

Bike
    the mighty SUPER SHERPA

"hoppity---hopppitt---hop."

If your lucky you might see a wallaby on the Black forest road.

Just abought gauranteed a rabbit or two. (Unfortunately---for the farmer )

Thread Information