Thread: Luke's first attempt at the Cliff Hanger

Bike
    RMZ 450, F4RGVGP125

Luke's first attempt at the Cliff Hanger

Got on the road nice and early Saturday morning with me old mate Deano and get to the pits and see some frinedly faces unpack and get ready for the first sighting run. Have only ridden the road once before so was pretty nervous.
    All went well, Dean had said ease in to the day and don't go hard from the first run. I took it easy and busted a 2.36 then Deano turns up and we here 2.27 come over the radio 1 second off his record. NICE WAY TO TAKE IT EASY DEAN. second run I did 2.32.
    As you can probably work out the times kept dropping quite fast and by the end of the day was doing 2.24. I was quite pissed off as dean was still getting faster and faster than I was. ON A CHICKS BIKE!

The real fun began at the end of Saturday after the racing had finish at the rally. Short and curlys of it heaps of beer, good mates and Drews side car in a big empty paddock means a whole shit load of fun.

Sunday

After one sighting run and not feeling to shit hot I set out for my first timed run, going very easy on it I did a 2.25. No idea how I did that but was a good thing. Next run I went 2.22 or .23 just behind dean then did a 2.20 Was rapt to be a head of dean.
    After this things started getting as rough as the road every run I did I made a mistake which ultimatly cost on the clock.
    Final run I did I set about being calm getting off the gas later and getting back on it sooner. This seemed to be working well untill I come to the cliff hanger and the bike starts sliding, no worrys try turn it in and it kept going straight. lucky I managed to haul it up and turn before hitting the fence. How ever coming out of this corner in first gear and about 10kph is not the fastest way up the hill. I saw red and pushed the hardest I had all day and still did a 2.22. Wonder how thing would have gone had I not stuffed up the cliff hanger turn oh well Time to pack it in for the day.
    Prize giving I was first in the C1 up to 600cc (only bike entered) and 3rd in the Cliff Hanger class. 4th over all for the day. All in all pretty happy with the week end cant wait for next year.

Big thanks must go to all the people that made it all happen, what a fantastic event, Deano for the ride, Tania for giving me the mega late pass for the week end, Drew for jumping me on the mighty RF, Gaz, Pete, Allan, Roger and evry body else that was there for the stupid shit. I will be back next year to have a proper crack at it and try get that big cup of one Mr Cathro.
    Member #3164 of the SHITMARK haters club.

Bike
    Gn125
    Well done matey. Not bad at all for your first time. You didn't fail my talking up of you that much. Good shit.
    While you sit there liking things just cos' everyone else does, I'll be standing up here keeping it real.

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Well done Luke!!

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Good shit Luke. Gutted I couldn't be there.

Bike
    I sold it
    Your lucky i didnt know the thing was on that weekend , i could have brought Steevies monster and given you the learn up the hill.
    The video footage was cool too mate , good attempt for a virgin.

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    Good shit douchebag. xxx

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    excellent results !!!
    First time I've missed it for several years, but WOMAD was booked (and paid for ) prior
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    Your lucky i didnt know the thing was on that weekend , i could have brought Steevies monster and given you the learn up the hill.
    The video footage was cool too mate , good attempt for a virgin.
    Where's the video ?
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    How about you get your shit together and get that old nail sorted for the Actrix Winter Series then worry about hillclimbs for next year.

Seriously good effort though mate. Some more time on the bike and I'm sure you'll go well next time.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    CBR150 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfy View Post
    Where's the video ?
    What he said.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    There's video taken from various parts of the road on the hillclimb thread in Meetings and Events.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Thread Information