Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want you to live

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    I felt a little miffed that someone had placed themselves in a position where I could have easily injured them.

... That's all I ask. Be considerate of others while on the road. I really would appreciate it.
    Mate, I drive 140km round trip to and from work and quite often have to emergency brake either the car or bike, swerve to avoid a lane changer who didn't look, pull away from a tail-gaiter, flip the bird at those that close up on lane-splitting, flip both birds at those on cellphones or failing to indicate at all... just to name a few.

It is a constant battle out there with roads full of inconsiderate drivers and in some cases riders.

All I can do is be a swtiched-on defensive rider/driver and make myself and my vehicles as visible and well-placed on the road as possible.

LED drive lights on the car and two shell airhorns fitted. 139db airhorn fitted soon on the bike and now using more visible gear with a white helmet, hi-vis vest in poor weather and maybe some other ideas in the wind yet.....

Simply put, I want to get home at the end of the day and have enjoyed my ride.

Bike
    K7 600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Probably not what I suggested. He still gives a fuck.
    I certainly don't think giving a fuck is a bad thing.

Katman(or self responsibility) is rare around these parts.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    I certainly don't think giving a fuck is a bad thing.
    I do. It makes you sad when friends and good people die needlessly.

In terms of "self responsibility" I've yet to see a person on KB accept that they contributed to the accident they participated in.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    K7 600
    Blog Entries
    I do. It makes you sad when friends and good people die needlessly.

In terms of "self responsibility" I've yet to see a person on KB accept that they contributed to the accident they participated in.
    Come on old man. Won't fall in love because of the pain of the break up?
    Don't pretend otherwise.

For me it was target fixation and an improvement in breaking and the effects on the bike. So I practiced accordingly.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Come on old man. Won't fall in love because of the pain of the break up?
    Don't pretend otherwise.

For me it was target fixation and an improvement in breaking and the effects on the bike. So I practiced accordingly.
    Jeepers, #1, will wonders never cease?

However, what's love got to do with it?
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    K7 600
    Blog Entries
    Jeepers, #1, will wonders never cease?

However, what's love got to do with it?
    Something about the will to live and giving up on hope.

Sure, humanity is a bit of a shocker, but there are moments where people make mistakes and actually get things right.

Bike
    Various
    StoneY apologised just the other day Jim.

Most do accept responsibility, whether they admit it or not. Few will make the same mistake again. It may not be the acceptance you are looking for but it is acceptance none the less.
    Hell, I've been the only vehicle involved in all of my accidents - kinda makes it hard to blame the other guy. Even the spill in diesel I could have avoided had I had a greater following distance. I wasn't tailgating the car but got a bit closer than normal because it he was at 30kph on the open road so I let my guard down a touch. More space and I would have seen it sooner.

But the reality is we are all human and all make mistakes, there's no escaping that so accidents are going to happen and we do need laws to place responsibility. The primary fault lies with the diesel spiller in the case above. So stop getting all katman on us go speak to the diesel spiller, where's his/her call to accept responsibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    StoneY apologised just the other day Jim.

Most do accept responsibility, whether they admit it or not. Few will make the same mistake again. It may not be the acceptance you are looking for but it is acceptance none the less.
    Hell, I've been the only vehicle involved in all of my accidents - kinda makes it hard to blame the other guy. Even the spill in diesel I could have avoided had I had a greater following distance. I wasn't tailgating the car but got a bit closer than normal because it he was at 30kph on the open road so I let my guard down a touch. More space and I would have seen it sooner.

But the reality is we are all human and all make mistakes, there's no escaping that so accidents are going to happen and we do need laws to place responsibility. The primary fault lies with the diesel spiller in the case above. So stop getting all katman on us go speak to the diesel spiller, where's his/her call to accept responsibility?
    Stoney rides like a fuckwit and loses his license every couple of weeks. Great spokesman for "motorcyclists". I wouldn't be using him as an example of great "responsibility".

You can only accept responsibility for your own fuck ups. Most motorcyclists don't ever reach the level of ownership you're willing to take. It's always someone else's fault. As for the diesel spiller, you what? Even if a trail of 30 snakes was following him as he was spilling it, they wouldn't bust him for it. Why even go there? You can only control your response to a hazard. Some choose not to. Most then blame the diesel spill.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    You can only accept responsibility for your own fuck ups. Most motorcyclists don't ever reach the level of ownership you're willing to take. It's always someone else's fault. As for the diesel spiller, you what? Even if a trail of 30 snakes was following him as he was spilling it, they wouldn't bust him for it. Why even go there? You can only control your response to a hazard. Some choose not to. Most then blame the diesel spill.
    About half of the near fuck ups I've had have been related to diesel or oil spills. Mostly I see 'em in time, but I'll be fucked if I'll have anyone tell me it's my fault if I arse off having failed to do so. And I'm pretty sure that the apropriate person to blame in that case will be the arsehole who spilled it, in spite of what 'Er majesties finest might think.

Just a couple of months ago I pulled over a school bus in Pauahatanui for a wee chat about his vehicles incontinence. It wasn’t the first such discussion. It won’t be the last.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    K7 600
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I've stumbled across some baggage Jim has.

I'll dip out and let his prostate grow a little bit bigger.

Bike
    07' Kwaka GPX250R
    Blog Entries

Post OK a little different i know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Bci82yjyA

I think this rider actually had a chance to avoid this , you see the cage start to turn. As a newbie and learning filtering and the such. Who was actually in the wrong here. Thanks guys/gals
    Catering and Personal Chef services please see the below link: KB'ers Discounts avail
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=318795528

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    if I knocked a fellow biker off I'd feel like absolute crap
    Since when are mopeddlers fellow riders?

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Both of mine were all my fault. Target Fixation both times. Pity I didn't learn all I needed to after the first bin.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    What would Katman do?
    If Katman was the rider: He would have noticed your indicating, wouldn't have been on your left hand side, would have noticed your tyres turning and would have been about 100 feet behind you.

If Katman was the driver: God knows, but I dear say it would have been close to, if not exactly what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable View Post
    Since when are mopeddlers fellow riders?
    They are just faster pedestrians...
    White Trash Pearls of Wisdom #2654 - Refering to yourself in the 3rd person: The only thing gayer, would be being caught handcuffed around a public toilet bowl, an apple stuffed in your mouth and George Michael administering an epic caneing to your exposed cheeks while Boy George documents the event on a handicam.

Thread Information