Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want you to live

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up I want you to live

As I often do; I was driving in my cage in the CBD. As I often do, I wanted to turn left. As I often do, I indicated left and started slowing down.

However, unlike often, I had a scooter rider on my tail sitting on my left hand side, behind my flashing left indicator light. I was looking them straight in the eye via my rear view mirror, so I know they clearly saw me.

And it was quite apparent the scooter rider was not altering their speed as I slowed down. So just in case, I decided not to execute my left hand turn immediately, but instead brought the car to an almost standstill just to see what would happen.

I don't know why I was surprised. They undertook me on the left hand side. I don't know why, but I felt a little miffed that someone had placed themselves in a position where I could have easily injured them.

I understand that as a young male that you probably aren't old enough to know people who have been knocked off yet, and lost a whole pile of skin, so you wont know that wearing only a helmet for protection wont stop the horrific pain.

But if I could ask just one thing of you; please, please do not ever "over" take a car on left hand side when it is slowing down and indicating that it is turning left. Even if you are happy with the risk you are taking please consider how the driver of the car will feel if they knock you off. Please consider how your family will feel while they spend the next 2 to 6 months visiting you in hospital while you get painful full skin graft after skin graft.

That's all I ask. Be considerate of others while on the road. I really would appreciate it.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Keep in mind that scooter owners/riders are more often than not, on an errand.
    Their occupation normally does not help either, Pizza delivery/Hair Stylist/Corperation office bitch or Student.
    A little care within spitting distance of such road users is paramount, for both parties.

Bike
    76 HONDA XL125
    Try and find the real difference between a scoot on a mission and a bike.
    Either are dumb for undertaking.
    If some of the riding isnt toned down on the motorway I wouldn't be supprised if the *555 calls prompt another filtering crackdown.
    "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it."
    -Lou Holtz

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    Should've knocked the little faggot off. Teach him an important life lesson

Bike
    Modified 2014 Bonnie
    He might be a complete plonka but i don't think I could deliberately send him flying. can be a pain though, filtering to the front at junctions and then hooning of to at least 45kmh (eventually) and holding up everything behind them (on four or more wheels), maybe it is time for their to be some type of awareness training before you are allowed to jump on one and ride off into the sunset (well the supermarket car park anyway).
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
    C.S. Lewis

Bike
    Kawasaki Drifter 800cc
    Blog Entries
    maybe they were from England...they do everything on the left...right?
    Live Love Laugh
    my fitness page

Bike
    Black 1994 Yamaha Jog Super ZR
    Plain stupid.... no wonder why people hate on scooters. Pity someone cant show him photos of people who have come off doing something dumb without much protection - that just may change his mind.....

Bike
    Repsol CBR250RR Trackbike
    Blog Entries
    Bugger that, if I knocked a fellow biker off I'd feel like absolute crap. Good on you for seeing him and acknowledging that he was in a bad place at the wrong time. Pity more drivers aren't as aware as that.
    1990 CBR250RR - fully rebuilt and awesome!
    1999 CBR900RR - a work in progress...

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Doesn't sound like they learned anything from it, so just hope the next guy is as onto it as you were (and the next guy, and... yeh I'm thinking this scooterist may be in for some pain) . Personally, before I turn left I move right over to the left, mainly cos I'm paranoid about undertaking cyclists, but the effect is the same, nobody can pass on your left.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    Bugger that, if I knocked a fellow biker off I'd feel like absolute crap. Good on you for seeing him and acknowledging that he was in a bad place at the wrong time. Pity more drivers aren't as aware as that.
    +1! Well said! Although I'd have probably let him know by gently pressing and holding down the horn as he passed...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    I almost put a BMW GS1100 into a parked car doing the same thing. He was passing me on the left as I was slowing to pull into a car park on Adelade Rd in Wellington. He gave me the fright of my life then pulled up beside me and asked "Didn't you see me" I said he was a tosser on a tossers bike and not to pass on the left, but not in these words mind you.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Stop whining and just run them the fuck over.

If a "motorcyclist" puts them self in the position of me being unable to avoid knocking them off, they'll get a fucking good kicking post-accident.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	128780831655846845.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	235288

Oh. Snap.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    K7 600
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Stop whining and just run them the fuck over.

If a "motorcyclist" puts them self in the position of me being unable to avoid knocking them off, they'll get a fucking good kicking post-accident.
    What would Katman do?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    What would Katman do?
    Probably not what I suggested. He still gives a fuck.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information