Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stonechucker in major accident.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by ZXR250_NZ
    Does anyone know what bike he was on?
    He was on his pride and joy R1. The bike's a wreck now, beyond repair. Hit the right hand side bridge railing, all right side of bike wrecked, tank opened up, engine casings and so on. Was puzzling that he hit the railing on the right when curving right you would expect a crash to send you into the left railing?VTwin had to go to the Police station to file a report so I doubt he will be able or up to posting anything here for awhile. Thanks Joni for the update on his condition. Great to hear he is conscious, I was really worried for him.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by VTWIN
    If I hadn't talked him into going up the Hill for a ride he'd be ok.
    Don't even entertain those thoughts mate, just not worth beating yourself up over. We are all capable of making our own decisions, I know its natural to feel some responsibilty but please don't.

I was just talking to some friends about this. I was saying how great it is to be a part of this community, meeting people you might never have met, shooting the shit, having a laugh and learning from each other. The bad part is though when something like this happens, before to me this would have been an unknown rider having an accident. Thanks to this site it now is someone whose thought's I have read, comments I've laughed at and, well you get the idea. Got to take the bad with the good.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Hey Bruce,
    I know you may feel like that but it's not the case at all, you know Dave loved that bike & riding it.

It could have happened to anyone, anyday. Please don't blame yourself at all.

We all care about Dave but we don't want you to feel in anyway responsible for what has happened.

CSL
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    justsomebike
    Is it also your fault for making the road slippery?? And making him loose control???

mate even rossi crashes...... please have a .........

Try to stay calm - few deep breaths please

Stay positive - he should be doing ok - in a few months he'll be racing

Bike
    Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni
    OK guys - I just spoke to his Mum, he is hurt quite bad, but is conscious right now... she will let me know when the doctos are finished working on him.
    Our thoughts are with you SC.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by loosebruce
    Dont be saying that buddy, in no way is it your fault mate, things happen as unfortunate as it is, but it's not because of you.
    What he said. Shit happens, but you didn't cause the shit. It's just the roll of the dice. People can stay home and die falling down stairs. Don't go down that road of "If only I'd ...". Leads nowhere.

And hopefully the condition he's in sounds survivable. Bad but the sort of thing that once you've got to the hospital they can deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    Thanks for the update. You can't think like this tho, there's nothing you can predict, and there's nothing you can say that'll change what's happened. I know this, cos my bro went down on a corner while I was watching the rear mirror too, and we were saying the same thing. Don't beat yourself up about it. Shit happens, and this is shit. Lets just hope Dave makes a full recovery, and just take a few mins to chill too. It's not easy, ay?

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    it's so hard to take in... everyone feels it when a biker goes down especially one so well known and liked ... my best wishes to him after my accident earlier this week it makes u start to scrape the surface of what he must be going through i was lucky i only brokw an elbow..... praying he pulls thru hits u right there knowing a fellow rider has gone down

Bike
    Honda PC800
    noone is gonna be blaming you bruce.
    Everyone is in control of their own destiny mate. Part of making adult decicions.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Thinking
    I just picked up on this after a phone call from MlCrises, Paulas and my thoughts and wishes are with you Dave.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by loosebruce
    Dont be saying that buddy, in no way is it your fault mate, things happen as unfortunate as it is, but it's not because of you.
    Got to agree LB. Unless you knew he was going to have an accident before inviting him for a ride there is no way you can try and blame yourself. Thoughts with you as well though VTwin, never easy being involved in something like this. Even harder when it's a mate.

Thanks for the extra info guys, sounds like the injuries are serious (and painful) but not life threatening (well no more than life is threatened and fragile at the best of times).

Keep the updates coming please for those of us not in Wellington.

If any of you close friends want to organise a collection of some sort (cash is always more useful than flowers in at times like these) send me a pm as I'd be happy to contribute whatever small amount I can.

Let his family know where here thinking about them too.
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    We ride our own bikes we crash our bikes sometimes not though our own fault . This is Life !! . All the best Dave

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    No bikes at my house
    He'll be back in the seat in no time I'm sure, but he'll be pissed at wreaking his bike.

Get well SC

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Just open this thread. So sad to hear news like this. I pray for the man and his family.

Bike
    Guzzi
    Thoughts and prayers to SC and his family.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Thread Information