Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by 4AGE View Post
    Hey guys,

Hopefully this hasn't been asked heaps.

So having a nose on trademe for a 250.

And some have kms around 45-60kms.

Is this alot?
    Like whats this in sort of car kms? So i can understand a bit better.

I know not to read into mileage too much. But i dont want to buy something with the equivalent of 250kms.

Thanks fellas.
    this is going to depend on what bike exactly. The older VT's have a high fatality ate at around 50,000km, due to running the big end bearing. Ive seen and ridden myself, quite a few cbr 250s that have done well over 100,000km, and are still going strong, and pulling hard.

Best option is to give us some examples of the bikes you are looking at, and ask for advice on the specific bikes you are interested in. And remember, dont just take the first couple answers as gospel, every bike has its haters, even though it may be an awesome bike. good luck and happy hunting!

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by 4AGE View Post
    Sorry for all the Q's but i've found a couple of bikes on TM with completely blacked out screens.

Is this likely to cause any visability problems?

I guess what i'm asking is do you look through your screen that much. Spose it depends on your riing position due to height etc.

Sorry for the boobish questions.
    dont apologise for asking questions, youre doing the right thingg by being informed. Unless you are 5 ft tall, you wont be looking through the screen fuck all. only time I really use the screen for veiwing is at the track. Ok, and most of the wy up the east coast past cheviot, but I digress..
    Based on the three bikes youve shown, I wouldnt take the yammy, and the MC19 is a tad overpriced. as mentioned earlier, overall condition is a big bonus, as is ORIGINAL condition.
    drunkenmisake is actually selling a cbr250 MC19 on here, its a bike I know very well, because ive done a few oil changes and maintenance on it for him, its an extremely tidy, completely original little bike, with a genuine 11000km on it. hes probably a little flexible on price too since hes already gone and bought a new bike already!!

Also, shop further afield as well, it only costs a couple hundred bucks to get a bike shipped from one end of the country to the other, and you can arrange to have it taken in for a mechanical onspection, or ask on Kwibiker for someone to go and look at it for you if its too far away to view. I can think of three poeple off the top of my head who have done exactly that in the last 12 months when buying a new bike, and no bad experiences.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Yeah drunkenmistake pm'd me about his bike.

Looking into typical learner sports bikes.

mc19 mc22

zxr250

fzr250

And im about 6 foot. So that doesn't sound like a problem.

With a MC19, is the single front disk more than adequate for braking power?

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    I had the MC19 with the single disc, and I now have a VFR 400 NC30 with double front disc, being a bigger bike is gonna be different, but I wouldnt say there is all that much of a difference, I also had a chance to ride a MC22 and couldn't feel much of a difference between the two,

Some people on here, infact anywhere can be dicks and take the piss out of people for asking small questions, but dont let that shy you away, if you have any question just fire it off and ignore the knobs,
    Shit my first question when I got my first bike to the previous owner was "how do i start it" I was trying to turn the key to get it to turn over.

(I also contacted Bike Tranz and they quoted $480 from here to Auck City, so would be cheaper to get it from here to you.)

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Thats cool.

I've got some people looking at the car next week.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Like I said, if your interested just yell out, I dont think its gonna sell in the next 5 days, thats when the auction ends, the rego runs out in 2 weeks so on the verge of it running out it will be put on hold, but you have my number I PM'd it to you so if you are interested or what not I can make some kind of arrangement for you,
    Id like to see this bike go to someone looking for their first bike, because its a real treat.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Like I said, if your interested just yell out, I dont think its gonna sell in the next 5 days, thats when the auction ends, the rego runs out in 2 weeks so on the verge of it running out it will be put on hold, but you have my number I PM'd it to you so if you are interested or what not I can make some kind of arrangement for you,
    Id like to see this bike go to someone looking for their first bike, because its a real treat.
    Id be buying it for wifey if I had the coin to spare

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    Id be buying it for wifey if I had the coin to spare
    Yeahh I know, Ashame you dont, Id much rather see it on a daily basis haha, Misses rekons her father might buy it for her, (not the step dad, the homo) shes gonna chin wag with him tomorrow night.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Went and checked out a MC19 tonight.

I seem to fit okay on it. I was worried about being a bit tall.

Its missing the airduct bits that fit between the fairing and actual bike if looking down from the top at the tank. And also missing the bits that fit under the ducts. Sorta the next bit down that cover the wires and what not underneath.

Is this a major issue?

Will these be hard to find? I can't seem to find much on TM.

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    After a little bit more research.

It looks like there isnt another bit under the airduct.

SO to rephrase. It is missing the left hand airduct.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    You mean in the actual nose cone? the little grill/plastic cover?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1395.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	610.5 KB 
ID:	237395
    inside of one of those two holes?
    TM link if you have one, could help you out that way

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Its missing the piece in the yellow circle on the left hand side.

Its not meant to have a piece in the green circle aye?

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/a...70392_full.jpg

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Uhk the Green circle there isnt anything there, the yellow one covers the fuses and connectors, they get wet but not as wet with it on, you probably wont be able to source a good one without months of trawling.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Checked out the listing, You can not fill the tank for $19, do the math 15L tank at $2.29

Bike
    1988 CBR250R (MC19)
    Man yours is looking attractive.

So did honda otago import it with 3000kms on it?

Has it been around the clock?

Thread Information