Thread: Parking in Engineering

Bike
    2003 CBR 954

Parking in Engineering

hey guys,

not being mean or anything but there's a few bikers out there that seem to not know how to park?? those yellow lines at the engineering carpark are there for a reason soo any1 that parks at the engineering carpark can you please learn to park parrallel to the lines and close to the bike next 2 u. DONT leave a huge gap its very annoying!!

cheers
    dev

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Devy View Post
    DONT leave a huge gap its very annoying!!
    Ahh well if it's VERY annoying I shall desist from here on in, a thousand apologies
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    '08 DR650
    hey guys,

not being mean or anything but there's a few bikers out there that seem to not know how to park?? those yellow lines at the engineering carpark are there for a reason soo any1 that parks at the engineering carpark can you please learn to park parrallel to the lines and close to the bike next 2 u. DONT leave a huge gap its very annoying!!

cheers
    dev
    Flick me an email at sdod021 at aucklanduni dot ac dot nz and i'll send ya a copy of the flyer we usually put on the bikes that mispark

Bike
    El Bandito
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Flick me an email at sdod021 at aucklanduni dot ac dot nz and i'll send ya a copy of the flyer we usually put on the bikes that mispark
    Reckon I could grab a copy of that too? Wouldn't mind doing some flyering myself. Would rather see people park properly than get towed or raged on by indignant drivers.
    ripped_blue_jeans@hotmail.com

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Ahh well if it's VERY annoying I shall desist from here on in, a thousand apologies
    I certainly hope so. Indeed it's not merely very annoying, it's positively vexatious. Consider yourself reprimanded , you bad mans you .
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Too many to count
    hey guys,

cheers
    dev
    that's not what the lines are for, but they can be helpful nonetheless. I find more can park if there is a mix of parallel and perpendicular, but all it takes is one person to leave a huge gap and ruin it.

Also, in the past people have been very good at parking each other in or parking such that drivers cannot get out of their car if they park in the disabled park. The faculty has left a skip there for months, as well as a big pile of rocks for 6 months (no-one even knew who it belonged to): the staff responsible for the skip were of the opinion that because the parking was not there a decade ago, it doesn't matter if they plonk a skip in it. No, I'm not kidding.

Best of luck to you.

Thread Information