Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new MAG-NZ

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    So what's MAG's opinion on this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...tice-be-warned
    glass beads on the road...
    Well we have a report a road campaign (looking for web dev guys to spruce it up a bit), the idea being to report any unsafe bits of road to the appropriate authorities. However that stuff is a level beyond that imo, I'm sure our members would support any action taken to ensure his sort of crap is at least cleaned off the road when the cones are removed.

This is actually the sort of thing we are gearing up for, someone sees something that needs doing, then follows it through, getting any help needed along the way. I commend your efforts so far , and if you need our help with any of it, just let us know.

Sorry I'm a bit busy atm to read through it fully, but PM me a summary and I'll see if there is anything we can do.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    ...As an added bonus the nay-saying and knocking etc which causes some ideas to lose momentum will not be tolerated on the MAG-NZ member forums.
    I too find such a statement to be rather concerning. It basically says that there will be no dissention, which I consider rather repugnant.

I already have grave misgivings about a campaign that is being conducted in the name of MAG-NZ. Is it okay to express such concerns, or does that mean I'll be out on my arse?
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    I too find such a statement to be rather concerning. It basically says that there will be no dissention, which I consider rather repugnant.

I already have grave misgivings about a campaign that is being conducted in the name of MAG-NZ. Is it okay to express such concerns, or does that mean I'll be out on my arse?
    At the end of the day, it'll be the person who initiates the action idea that gets to say how it goes. This may mean that what gets done doesn't please everyone, but it will mean shit gets done! For those who do not agree with an action, they do not have to support it, so there will be dissension. If an action coordinator asks for help, those who disagree should explain the reasons why they have chosen not to.

In retrospect my comment was not in the best context, the point I was aiming to make was that action threads will stay productive and on topic, that the forum is a place for those who want to make a difference and are willing to have a go. I apologise if my comments have lead to some confusion.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    None any more
    To me this smells a bit like a bunch of idealists trying to pursue individual agendas under the guise of being a representative organisation. Active engagement with members and with the wider "community" ultimately decides the success or otherwise of any membership based organisation. Good luck with that.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    To me this smells a bit like a bunch of idealists trying to pursue individual agendas under the guise of being a representative organisation. Active engagement with members and with the wider "community" ultimately decides the success or otherwise of any membership based organisation. Good luck with that.
    That's way out of line, I have no idea how you come to the conclusion about individual agendas, and the whole thing is set up to encourage members to be active.
    If you want to have a serious discussion, please explain how you get to these conclusions you keep posting.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    That's way out of line, I have no idea how you come to the conclusion about individual agendas, and the whole thing is set up to encourage members to be active.
    If you want to have a serious discussion, please explain how you get to these conclusions you keep posting.
    Just don't reply,it's a waste of pixels

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Interesting to here ... btw what is Mags leadership .. you website is rather sparse on details and as this isthe "new" Mag nz it would be good to know.
    The top four postions have recently been vacated...what was the ''old'' MAG, along with numerous (about six from memory) other founding members who have also stepped away...enter the ''new' MAG...

I find this bit confusing....'It's member up, not leadership down'
    Thats a new catch phrase from when I was there.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I find this bit confusing....'It's member up, not leadership down'
    Thats a new catch phrase from when I was there.
    Sounds like a good idea. How would MAG help members who wanted to stick it to the fuzz and the legal system?
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. How would MAG help members who wanted to stick it to the fuzz and the legal system?
    Best ask someone who knows...
    They are not an angry lot though, more into writing letters to local MP's and local authorities.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    If you just want to piss off the fuzz or legal system in general, we won't help there. But if it's a more specific issue, let us know and we will see what we can do.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Parking outside the Edgecombe Police Station with Greensleeves blaring ought to do it.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    That is a bit harsh Hitcher, in my experience of MAG-NZ there was not one ego to be found. It is a bunch of very honest, sincere, passionate people who share a vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    2007 CB900
    ...As an added bonus the nay-saying and knocking etc which causes some ideas to lose momentum will not be tolerated on the MAG-NZ member forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post

hmmm sounds interesting ... almost like KB .. if you saying something that is not liked yup you are out on your arse ... an interesting way to promote discussion and informed decision making.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    hmmm sounds interesting ... almost like KB .. if you saying something that is not liked yup you are out on your arse ... an interesting way to promote discussion and informed decision making.
    see post #18 as I hope that clears up the confusion.

Bike
    2023 MT 09 SP
    The important issue that isn't being discussed is why the big change? IMHO Mag has gone from something I would consider supporting to being no better, if not worse, than BRONZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The mind boggles.

Unless you were pillioning the sheep - which is more innocent I suppose (but no less baffling)

Thread Information