Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new MAG-NZ

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The important issue that isn't being discussed is why the big change? IMHO Mag has gone from something I would consider supporting to being no better, if not worse, than BRONZ.
    We feel this format is better suited to promote action through member driven initiatives and active member participation.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2023 MT 09 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    We feel this format is better suited to promote action through member driven initiatives and active member participation.
    Very politically put.

That's not a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The mind boggles.

Unless you were pillioning the sheep - which is more innocent I suppose (but no less baffling)

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Very politically put.

That's not a good thing.
    Depends how you look at it, if people only judge the delivery poorly rather than the content, it can be a good thing

Actually a lot of it is like that, if you look to pick holes in things, you will probably find em. But try looking instead for the positive aspects, in time they will be what MAG-NZ are known for
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Very politically put.

That's not a good thing.
    Translation: They are not interested in taking any form of 'out there' action...period.
    Ask not what MAG can do for you but what you can do for MAG

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Depends how you look at it, if people only judge the delivery poorly rather than the content, it can be a good thing
    I live in hope.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    The important issue that isn't being discussed is why the big change? IMHO Mag has gone from something I would consider supporting to being no better, if not worse, than BRONZ.
    The only problems with MAG, BRONZ or any similar organisation in New Zealand is that it is in New Zealand.None of you deadshits will get of your arses and stand up for your rights or lifestyle as the English,French or Israeli bikers have done ,sometimes more than once in recent years.
    Fucking "she'll be right attitude" ain't worth shit.

Bike
    Bavarian Beast,Matchless G80S,SJ50QT
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    The only problems with MAG, BRONZ or any similar organisation in New Zealand is that it is in New Zealand.None of you deadshits will get of your arses and stand up for your rights or lifestyle as the English,French or Israeli bikers have done ,sometimes more than once in recent years.
    Fucking "she'll be right attitude" ain't worth shit.
    Human nature I'm afraid. Particularly in NZ.

Typical "putting the world to right" conversation goes:
    "This is unacceptable" "Something must be done" "Who's going to do it?" "Someone should start an action group" "Yeah stick it to TPTB I say!"

4-6 months later, same scene:
    "Joined BRONZ/MAGNZ yet" "Thought about it but those tossers are useless" "Not doing what I reckon they should" "Got some lame ideas and no guts" "SOMEONE ELSE could do much better" etc.

Unfortunately folk are not willing to get involved, will bash those that do, but are happy to benefit from any gains made.
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Organisations have 4 kinds of bones...
    Jawbones - who do nothing but talk
    Knucklebones - who do nothing but knock
    Wishbones - who hope someone else will do something
    Backbones - who do ALL the work
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

"This is unacceptable" "Something must be done" "Who's going to do it?" "Someone should start an action group" "Yeah stick it to TPTB I say!"

"Joined BRONZ/MAGNZ yet" "Thought about it but those tossers are useless" "Not doing what I reckon they should" "Got some lame ideas and no guts" "SOMEONE ELSE could do much better" etc.
    Unfortunately folk are not willing to get involved, will bash those that do, but are happy to benefit from any gains made.
    The irony is that MAG was formed primarily around this notion.
    The AAG (Auckland Action Group) was colated first up, I guess in support of BRONZ in a way, we were not against them at all. The AAG got off thier arses and organised 4-5 protest rides over about 9-10 months or so, the biggest being about 360 bikes on the Motorway.
    All or any of those ride will have been forgotten about now, apart from those whowere on/involved with them.
    Key is, keep at it and the recognition will come.
    Same with BRONZ...and the BIKOI...should have kept at it, even the Pollies would agree with that.
    That all stopped when MAG was formed, it became apparent real quick that any sort of protest action was not a happening thing, I know because I tried to get it happening.
    Because of my eventual 'knucklebone' attitude, I was locked out.
    Have yet to resign officially.
    Thats how a caucus works aint it, any knockers get the boot?

Bike
    2010 Hyosung ST7
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    , any knockers get the boot?
    Knockers.......the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.......jublee...

Bike
    XR200

Yes you put your finger on it.

But any voluntary organisation struggles in New Zealand because of our small population. Jaycees, Round Table, even Lions clubs are fading and the only service organisation which is still strong is Rotary. Sports clubs have the same problems.

Motorcyclists tend to be individualistic people and do not conform to rules. Organising us will never be easy.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125

Which is why we have tried to get away from the traditional committee led structure, and go for one set up to make it easy for members to initiate and get support for actions. Many self motivated bikers to follow through on their own initiatives, and many motivated bikers willing to lend support.

Bike
    Its a Boat

Stuff to collect

Anyone going to the MAG AGM on July 6th?
    I have a bag of stuff here which I have tried unsuccessfully to return.
    Stuff includes Badges/Bussiness cards/flags/printed flyers etc.

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post
    Yes you put your finger on it.

But any voluntary organisation struggles in New Zealand because of our small population. Jaycees, Round Table, even Lions clubs are fading and the only service organisation which is still strong is Rotary. Sports clubs have the same problems.

Motorcyclists tend to be individualistic people and do not conform to rules. Organising us will never be easy.
    You've fricken got BOTH of those issues right.
    Been involved with all sorts of groups at committee level and it's just plain hard work, and you would not believe the bitching that other people think is ok to let rip with, but without anything to offer in the way of solutions or sweat.
    And as for organising bikers? I'd rather herd chickens, at least I can poke them with a stick and eventually get them to where they want to go.
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Anyone going to the MAG AGM on July 6th?
    I have a bag of stuff here which I have tried unsuccessfully to return.
    Stuff includes Badges/Bussiness cards/flags/printed flyers etc.
    Looks like I may to take it all to the meeting myself, what time is the tea break and can we vote by proxy?

Thread Information