Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The new MAG-NZ

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    We need a parade. With streamers and marching band.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    And pink hand bags and backless chaps and FAAABULOUS hair.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratti View Post
    And as for organising bikers? I'd rather herd chickens, at least I can poke them with a stick and eventually get them to where they want to go.
    And you can eat the little buggers as well!
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    I like the idea of a street parade. Has possibilities. You kno there are circles of 'friends' where biker gear is definatly desirable?
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Blah

Stop it Ratti, they'll all want one of your whips if yer knot careful.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    No spares at the moment, do you still have yours?
    feralconnection Ltd
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike

Thumbs up

Of Course!Hasn't broke yet..
    Bit of a bump for the lads, whats'a happening?

Bike
    Its a Boat

Now July 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Anyone going to the MAG AGM on July 6th?
    I have a bag of stuff here which I have tried unsuccessfully to return.
    Stuff includes Badges/Bussiness cards/flags/printed flyers etc.
    I had a closer look, in addition theres also $150 in cash and a mega-phone and a Mag T Shirt size XL.
    EDIT: Money now spent but the rest of the stuff is here to collect?...anyone?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Which is why we have tried to get away from the traditional committee led structure, and go for one set up to make it easy for members to initiate and get support for actions. Many self motivated bikers to follow through on their own initiatives, and many motivated bikers willing to lend support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Anyone going to the MAG AGM on July 6th?
    I have a bag of stuff here which I have tried unsuccessfully to return.
    Stuff includes Badges/Bussiness cards/flags/printed flyers etc.
    John can you let it be known about this gear we have here that belongs to mag?
    Neil pm'd a couple of time ages ago about collecting it but hasn't.
    I will be going past Doms place on Saturday morning, I could always drop in it off if thats ok?

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Well we have a report a road campaign (looking for web dev guys to spruce it up a bit), the idea being to report any unsafe bits of road to the appropriate authorities. However that stuff is a level beyond that imo, I'm sure our members would support any action taken to ensure his sort of crap is at least cleaned off the road when the cones are removed.

This is actually the sort of thing we are gearing up for, someone sees something that needs doing, then follows it through, getting any help needed along the way. I commend your efforts so far , and if you need our help with any of it, just let us know.

Sorry I'm a bit busy atm to read through it fully, but PM me a summary and I'll see if there is anything we can do.
    Sorry this isnt a thread hijack, but reading this post, there is a recent road modification that was really done with ZERO motorcycle safety/ road use considered.
    The new roundabout at the bottom of the bell road, Wainui' hill off ramp/exit junction, This was/is a T intersection where the major road turned 90deg's to the left, and the minor road was in efffect a 'straight on' right turn. Apologies if the description confuses anyone... but it is accurate. The powers that be in their wisdom decided a roundabout was a good? idea. Yes I can see some logic to this T junction's obvious problems. However, the solution? Is extremely poorly planned. The minor road is quite narrow, so the roundabout has been 'offset'. This leaves the carriageway coming down the wainui exit and turning 'right' into Bell road narrowed to some extent. This in itself is not a terrible inconvenience, (but any motorcyclist using this roundabout will have already found it is a sharp turn requiring low speed to negotiate) what is amazingly STUPID is the very large and I mean LARGE square metal manhole cover that projects across about half of this narrow carriageway. In, wet conditions and or the advent of Deisel on the roundabout (which will be highly probable as this is an industrial area and a couple of freight companies 'reside' in the area) the only tarmac surface is between the roundabout itself and this manhole cover..... I think you can now build up a possible scenario of wet metal + deisel spilt on the road ???
    At the very least I think that a non slip cover should have been used, or maybe on of the heavy covers that can be covered in roading material?
    The roundabout is so big for the size of the 'T' junction even lorries are having trouble negotiating it, and I have seen them 'mount' the roundabout to get past it... yeh full tank, and poorly fitting cap??
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike

Thumbs up

Can I boldly suggest that having come this far you personally take charge of this issue and pursue it with the relevant authorities.
    I kid you not, if presented with the right attitude and information you could well have a successful result from raising this matter..
    I or one of the many who have gone before might once have taken you in hand and gone forward to do battle with said authorities but we've all had a dose of Biker apathy and are these days quite shy of public ridicule and posturing from our own.
    So let us know what happens.

Bike
    Dog Rooter
    What Cas said.

You could try this: http://fixmystreet.org.nz/ as a means of having it logged.

But a polite and determined approach directly to the council (or the local ACC road safety person) may well prove to be more effective.

Go for it!

Bike
    get hold of JIm via http://www.ulysses.org.nz/wellington/
    He is on MSAC and works at LTSA. He will know exactly who to contact to make a statement about that roundabout.
    ANd yes, I know the road you mean and they shoulda just left the flippin thing alone
    feralconnection Ltd
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it was a deliberate ploy to keep people from coming 'out' of the valley beyond

Thread Information