Thread: SMC AGM - Friday 15 April

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries

SMC AGM - Friday 15 April

Put the date in your dairies guys:

2011 AGM
    Friday 15th April
    Starts ~5pm (assemble from 4.30pm onwards)
    Venue LEVEL 0 KATE EDGAR BUILDING
    Auckland University
    (The big green glass building on the corner of Symonds Street and Grafton Road for those who have the tendency to get lost...)

All members are welcome, come along and vote in your executives, stand for a position or bring along your bright ideas. We’re hoping to change the executive this year so if you’re interested in taking over get in touch.

This is necessary in order to affiliate and we need 20% of members present for the meeting to be official, so please make an effort and have your say!

We’ll send an email out and update this post the moment the venue is confirmed.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    One week to go to the A.G.M.....

Please bring along all your exciting ideas for the upcoming year and nominations for the following positions:

President - liase with Auckland Uni, Unisafe, AUSA, Auckland Transport, Auckland Council etc. Responsible for making submissions on issues affecting motorcyclists, giving comment to media when required, first point of contact for new members, mechanical know-how useful but not a must

Secretary - write newsletters for the SMC, take minutes at meetings, keep ears pricked for upcoming events to alert club members to. 2008 Motion requiring secretary to wear a skirt will be repealed at this AGM ><

Treasurer - In charge of the dosh and organising the accounts for the annual audit. Includes banking membership fees, signing off purchases from our AUSA acount and being good at counting in general.

Safety Officer - Liase with President and help forumulate ideas on how safety could be improved. In the past this has involved making suggestions to Auckland Council and to the local ACC reps about what sort of events would be useful. Also includes promoting safe gear within the club.

There are also committee roles for those interested in taking over ride organisation (on road and off road, let us know what you are after), social events (this one is fun! we lost our organiser to the city of Tauranga) and any other specific areas you would like to be involved in and throw energy at.

See you at the AGM TOMORROW.

Hanne

Bike
    '08 DR650
    We haven't yet got a confirmed room, hoping to have that sorted by tomorrow evening!

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Bump..........

Bike
    '08 DR650
    catch you cats there

Will probably kick off a bit after 5 to allow others to make it after work

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
    Put the date in your dairies guys:

2011 AGM
    Friday 15th April
    Starts ~5pm (assemble from 4.30pm onwards)
    Venue LEVEL 0 KATE EDGAR BUILDING
    Auckland University
    (The big green glass building on the corner of Symonds Street and Grafton Road for those who have the tendency to get lost...)
    When did they move the building across the road ?
    Last edited by Virago; 3rd May 2011 at 17:13. Reason: HTML
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    When did they move the building across the road ?
    Since I am the one with tendencies to get lost....
    Last edited by Virago; 3rd May 2011 at 17:13. Reason: HTML

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    All hail our new robotic ninja overlord!

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    A very well attended meeting - approximately 98% of members present , in some form or other (including proxies).

And a strongly democratic election with numerous nominations for all the positions . Very good , none of the situation so common in many clubs where there is only one nomination for each post. Even the very rare situation of the outgoing president having to use his casting vote.

I imagine that those elected to the various offices and orifaces will be advised shortly.

But, quelle scandal, all this gay arse sex between the conical members. If that sort of thing is allowed to continue the SMC will have to amalgamate with the Honda Riders Club. I blame that new guy Bryce - a bad lot I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Election Results:
    Master of Arms – Ben
    Safety Officer – Andrew
    Mascot – Conelius
    Treasurer – Sam
    Secretary – Hanne
    President – Simon
    Vice President – Stephen

Thread Information