Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: MNZ board nominations

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Who you voting for you rotten old cocksucker?

Personally, I'm in two minds. Jim seems to have done quite some good for the sport during his time in office, and Chris is obviously a top fucken bloke.

What I'd like to see is clear and concise battle plans from each of the nominees as to what they plan to acheive and how they'll go about it. Similar to any election campaign. Recently, it seems that people just vote for who they like best which is a bit weird.
    I've got no idea mate.............these threads confuse me, from what I've seen over the last coupla years (in road racing) it has had improvements. Trouble is when ya start seeing badly written posts that go straight into moral attack mode, I for one get put right off the person that they're supposedly supporting........................................ ...........dunno, maybe its just me?

Gotta take an interest too cause I may just have somethin to do skids with soon

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post

what has jim tuckerman achieved.
    1. well a 200 000 k improvement in finances works for me .
    have not seen the books, they are not out yet, will get back to you on that,

introduced training for coaches and officials so we are all better protected under the law and up to date with methods ,cant be bad

a few stewards courses that have been running on and off for years is not really a huge improvement, but its better than it has been for a while i think

retraining and introducing national standard for marshalls and stewards.also works for me .

mmm, not seen this new standard for marshalls, may have missed it tho

got the industry back on side ,big plus

are you sure on this? has the industry sponsorship increased since he was elected? there is one industry member that pulled all sponsorship from all MNZ championship meetings last year,

theres probably lots more that i dont know about,but one thing on his profile impressed. the bit about the office and board and others working as cohesive unit cant be bad for the members/rider

read the latest Dirtrider Down Under that comes out next week, to see how cohesive a large member club thinks the board and office working together are

as i said, i wanted dialogue, Jim came on here last time and answered questions, i thought it would be good to do it again, as Trash puts above, both guys have a heap of history in motorcycle racing, and i think it will be a close election

you have joined up, attacked one of the candidates, won't put your real name, and now you say you are not even a member of MNZ, so whos barrow are you pushing?

Bike
    suzuki GSXR 750

fiqures

Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Funny that MNZ office wouldn't give us a 'licence' when we asked them years before, them rather saying it wasn't necessary!! As a member of a club, we have full power to promote an event any which way we deem fit. If you check rule no. 4.12 There will be no restriction on affiliated clubs promoting events. Yes we were an affiliated club, so no contest. Also, can you PLEASE show me the clause that states no private sponsor is to bankroll an event. (Even Leanne on here says most clubs are crippled in running an event)
    That is the reason you wank on about why we wouldn't show JT the figures. Do you think Suzuki NZ would show JT their accounts for sponsoring the Tri-series or Wanganui?
    Get real!!
    tetchy tetchy tetchy,
    sorry to disapoint you im not to best of my knowledge indulging in wanking anything at moment,
    no where have i mentioned you wouldnt show jim tuckerman the fiqures , mnz is not one man .isaid you wouldnt produce them as all clubs are required to do ,this means seeing you are having such difficulty grasping concept filing them ,with friendly societies
    you have to operate as a friendly society to belong to mnz .
    now i know that you didnt show them to mnz, you learn something every day !!!!!!!
    i also now know you were operating as a private promoter ,im sure the rules changed so what mnz said years ago has not been in place for recent years,so why didnt you just get a license to promote, what else we will learn is intriging ,

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    actually i dont totally support jim tuckerman either, minds not totally made up on that score and im not actually sure as a rider who only rides recreationally and is a club member but has no competition license that i could vote if i wanted to ,
    see your making assumptions again
    Dude, I don't mean to be rude, but are you Bi-polar?? Where did I say you couldn't vote??

so if all is sweetness and light in sidecars, why is the association so keen not to have steve bron compete, in the interests of honesty,chris according to his profile gets on with every one???????
    Dude, Bron resigned from the NZSRA, and doesn't want to race with us. You clear on that aspect??

Kiwi biker is so interesting, where have you people been .
    You just said you only just joined..................... are you taking the piss????......

what has jim tuckerman achieved.
    well a 200 000 k improvement in finances works for me .
    introduced training for coaches and officials so we are all better protected under the law and up to date with methods ,cant be bad
    retraining and introducing national standard for marshalls and stewards.also works for me .
    got the industry back on side ,big plus
    theres probably lots more that i dont know about,but one thing on his profile impressed. the bit about the office and board and others working as cohesive unit cant be bad for the members/rider
    You can comment as you want. Whether or not others agree with you is another story.
    I could say also that I've flown to the moon and also met aliens. Some people may just believe me too.

Let's just wait until the finances come out to see if this $200k is real or just a saving from not having a CEO.
    If it is real, I am disappointed that more wasn't spent on promoting/running the Nats. (And heck, I didn't even race the Nats)
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    no where have i mentioned you wouldnt show jim tuckerman the fiqures , mnz is not one man .isaid you wouldnt produce them as all clubs are required to do ,this means seeing you are having such difficulty grasping concept filing them ,with friendly societies
    you have to operate as a friendly society to belong to mnz .
    now i know that you didnt show them to mnz, you learn something every day !!!!!!!
    i also now know you were operating as a private promoter ,im sure the rules changed so what mnz said years ago has not been in place for recent years,so why didnt you just get a license to promote, what else we will learn is intriging ,
    Pat, I'll say this S L O W.
    Chris and I were members of an affiliated club to MNZ. As such, we can promote any event we run. The NZSRA took out the permit, and nearly all the NZSRA members helped out on the day. The NZSRA did not spend a cent on the event. so no records will show on the NZSRA books. C L E A R O N T H A T ??
    Again, you do not follow up with facts. I ask you again now, what clause or rule mentions this is not possible?? Even JT couldn't elaborate on it, neither could a board member at the time.

The incorporated societies loves us too Pat. So no issues there.

Scrivy

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    you have joined up, attacked one of the candidates, won't put your real name, and now you say you are not even a member of MNZ, so whos barrow are you pushing?
    I'm sorry Scott if I ranted on here a wee bit, but I take offence when some 'unknown' comes on here and tries in vain to discredit me, my friends or fellow racers with lies and untruths.

Bike
    BSA A10
    still we all know all is not sweetness and light in the association itself.perhaps those chairs who did support the nationals might like to air their experiences.
    I am an NZSRA member and did support the Nationals, I don't agree with the actions of those members who choose to support a meeting in Australia but they have the right to decide which meetings they will support in whichever country they choose even if it is to what I think is the detriment of the class in NZ
    as an oldtimer i know Jim Tuckerman was an inaugural member of sidecars, certain lly very vocal in his support of them for years.
    He has shown his support in very funny way over the last couple of years, totally misrepresenting the facts of the Timaru truck meeting and using them to try and force the Sidecars to do an extra Southern round over what they've traditionally done
    Jim tuckerman obviously doesn't give in to bullies.
    Funny that because he comes across as one himself
    Actually, funny you say that, because he's no-where to be seen on a NZSRA founding members list.
    Strangely enough I was just reading that the other day and didn't see his name anywhere
    only a tough choice if you cant tell diffrence between some one who does more for sport than line his own pockets in the guise of doing it for a club , oh slap my hand am i being unkind hell no just honest
    You must struggle to understand sarcasm, I don't call pretty much destroying a class being good for any sport at all
    so if all is sweetness and light in sidecars, why is the association so keen not to have steve bron compete
    I'm not so sure you could say the NZSRA as a whole is keen to not have him compete, although there are individual members that aren't and would rather see us all riding 25 year old shitters than moving with the times

Scrivy made the claim that 91% of NZSRA members wanted out of MNZ, he probably should have said that 91% of the members they bothered to ask did
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    suzuki
    I could say also that I've flown to the moon and also met aliens
    Hey Kerry Dukies done that already!

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    I'm sorry Scott if I ranted on here a wee bit, but I take offence when some 'unknown' comes on here and tries in vain to discredit me, my friends or fellow racers with lies and untruths.
    you have no need to apolgise to me, you put your name to your posts, everyone is entitled to their opinion, i express mine much more than most people do,

and i would defend my mates as much as you have here as well,

Bike
    suzuki
    As for my nomination of Chris Lawrance for being MNZ President, he wants to see ALL facets of motorcycle sport in this country excel!
    Okay Chris, given your involvement in last weekends Sidecar sojourn to Aussie, getting all the teams over there etc, which meant those Sidecars couldn't/wouldn't race/compete in the two North island rounds of the New Zealand Nationals what are your policies for this facet of the sport here in New Zealand to get the competitors back racing on the tracks, at MNZ meetings, when and if you are voted to be the big cheese at Motorcycling New Zealand????

Graeme 'Spyda' Staples
    VD & Scars

Bike
    GSA & WR
    As trashy has said;

both candidates should publish/post their 'manifesto' as such. The let the masses decide

Oh err, think you all know me

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    Oh err, think you all know me
    Holy shit!! Aren't you the national 1000cc Superstock champ???
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Holy shit!! Aren't you the national 1000cc Superstock champ???
    The one and only buddy

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    The one and only buddy
    Did they actually have 6 bikes so it could be considered a class?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Did they actually have 6 bikes so it could be considered a class?
    All on the track at one time errr...................no

Thread Information