Thread: Advanced rider training, part 2.

Bike
    Triumph Sprint St 07, G650gs BMW

Advanced rider training, part 2.

The second part of my advanced rider traing course, a some what frank assesment of my skills and the stuff I have learnt.

http://rogerfleming-raftnn.blogspot....ingpart-2.html

Bike
    A few
    Once again, a good read Mr Raftn
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Once again, a good read Mr Raftn
    Thanks Sinful, I have tried to be as honest as I can, I have learnt a lot, and at times been very embarressed. It has been well worth it.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by raftn View Post
    Thanks Sinful, I have tried to be as honest as I can, I have learnt a lot, and at times been very embarressed. It has been well worth it.
    Would be a humbling experience i could well imagine mate, Kudos to ya for saying so !
    We (or I) ride around thinking i am a very experienced rider and do no wrong, but in reallity i know i could be better (hence reading your blog as soon as i saw you had done # 2 !
    Don't do a great deal to better myself, think the only thing i have done is read "the Pace" which i enjoyed and put into practice often when leading group rides !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    YOu certainly didn't appear embarrassed at any point, and there certainly is no reason to be embarrassed. The reason why you go to a teacher is because you don't know something , any particular thing, and that is what a teacher is for. To impart knowledge, and share knowledge.
    If everyone knew everything about everything, the world would be a very boring place.
    I hope I did't make you feel embarrassed....
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    YOu certainly didn't appear embarrassed at any point, and there certainly is no reason to be embarrassed. The reason why you go to a teacher is because you don't know something , any particular thing, and that is what a teacher is for. To impart knowledge, and share knowledge.
    If everyone knew everything about everything, the world would be a very boring place.
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    You didnt make me feel embarrassed, I think I was more embarrassed by my lack of knowledge, although i understand the concept of some of the topices we covered, it was most benifical in understanding the reasons why, as well as how!

I am determined to improve and become a better biker, I want to also share what ever I learn, and encourage other people to improve there skills.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    This little bugger seems competent.http://www.dump.com/2011/02/24/unrea...-cbr600-video/

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Looking back, I am convinced more than ever that the training required to attain a bike license in New Zealand is completely inadequate, and far from from what is required to become a good and competent rider. We need to seriously look at how we are training new bikers, their skill levels, and technique. I hope this blog encourages all bikers, regardless of skill to continue to seek improvement in there riding skills.
    Summed up PERFECTLY.
    Bravo that man.

Sorry, I had to steel that out of the Blog... Now if anybody hasn't, then have a read.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Yes, I think we can give him a commended pass for bike control.....

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    For already licensed riders, it will be up to themselves to take the initiative to get training, just for their own life expectancy.
    BUT for those who don't have their licenses yet, they are all about to get a HUGE shock. The restricted licence standard is going to be at the level where raftnn is at in his training now. Don't say you haven't been warned!!!!!!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    For already licensed riders, it will be up to themselves to take the initiative to get training, just for their own life expectancy.
    BUT for those who don't have their licenses yet, they are all about to get a HUGE shock. The restricted licence standard is going to be at the level where raftnn is at in his training now. Don't say you haven't been warned!!!!!!
    About bloody time Trica . I hope you were listened to at select committee level, I didn't even get an acknowledgement when making similar suggestions.

Thread Information